Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
Has she ever actually said she has back problems? If so, source please.

And BTW, what the hell is wrong with you people who are saying Par Les Paupières is her best song? It doesn't come even close to anything from Gourmandises or MCE; much like the rest of the songs from her new album. Seriously, get your ears cleaned out.
Tchaikovsky, in terms of musical composition, and having Alizée's voice sound beyond magical to the point where it's heavenly, I say Par Les Paupières is the best.

There is no best song by Alizée, because let's face it, we love everything she'll do.

But in terms of enjoyability of songs by Alizée, I'll be quicker to put on Gourmandises from Gourmandises, or Hey Amigo from MCE. I just say that Paupières, as it is one of her better songs - though not the first selection on a day to day basis - is definitely the best in terms of Alizée working her magic.

(Plus, I can listen to those drums everyday, hearing Alizée sing "Caché sous les Paupières, and mouthing the "la la's" she does).

NEW ALBUM!!!

MORE PAUPIÈRES. LESS DÉCOLLAGE! MORE ROCK. LESS EUROTRASH!

- IncliningPizza
Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

^ Some of us likes some Euro-influenced stuff as well as the next genre.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:35 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
^ Some of us likes some Euro-influenced stuff as well as the next genre.
Lili influenced stuff
Old 09-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Your points are well taken and I have stated similar posts, however the reason Enconcert was so magical is because Alizee was 3 dimensional, charismatic and full of energy, expensive light and prop, dancers and high energy. On some level Alizee will have to match it to be comercially successful. The quality of her new album will also have to be up to the task. There are many unknowns at this point, but I believe it is possible without Alizee selling out, but it is a tall order to match Enconcert quality regardless what she does or doesn't do. I'm with you and have stated myself that I would rather see her disappear from the music scene than compromise her integrity or lose her perceived balanced life.

Its a tall order to match "En concert" because she had the help and momentum of 20 year vets blowing the wind in her sales, the relative carefree point in her life when she wasn't a parent and producer, but just a performer. she had her youth at that time, hundreds of thousands of albums sales behind her and an important point: a Ton of Mylene Farmer fans. This is something I am realizing now. Alizee is a ground up restart with Pyschadelices... and I'm also realizing now its a damn good album. I think she has a hill to climb, but I've never taken to a "pop" artist like I have to this one... not in a long time at least... and I think because this is because how much of the individual is starting to come out in her music. And she has a damn unique voice which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
She needs to just "appear", from observations here with you people I can attest that a simple 5 seconds of a day in her life will get you talking for quite a bit.
So it shouldn't be hard for her to film a chibi video of her saying "hi and new album coming up" and send it to you fans for a little bit of a momentum builder eh?
She's a private person from what I gather... She's trying with the wiki, but I'm really guessing here, I think the fact that she is wearing several hats that it may be escaping her that her absence now is different from before. Before she had tons of Mylene Farmer fans.. fans that span two decades.. that came out to see the new Farmer product in her... now she doesn't have that... Farmer has moved on to her own things... and unfortunately it seems many of her fans... The record labels changing, what, 3 times now? I don't think that helps either... plus Psychadelices came out when we had a recession. like I said.. its uphill... but she's young... I say adversity can't really stop this dynamic duo, plus her fourth album is all but out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
Has she ever actually said she has back problems? If so, source please.

And BTW, what the hell is wrong with you people who are saying Par Les Paupières is her best song? It doesn't come even close to anything from Gourmandises or MCE; much like the rest of the songs from her new album. Seriously, get your ears cleaned out.

easy my friend... I posted here just recently an interview where she mentioned that she couldn't run or jump because of a back problem. I assume she means doing something like prolonged jogging as opposed to jumping or running a couple of times.. which she did in en concert. It was in the context of what she does to work out in a Q&A if that helps.

Also opinions are opinions, but I thought Par Les Paupières was a great song that should have been a single that would have complemented 50/60 and MJ.. as well as Décollage should have been a single.. it would have utilized Psychédélices strength as an eclectic album to get a variety out there as singles. I music video for both would have been nice too... I'd luv to design a Décollage music video.. once I understood what the song meant!

Last edited by wildfire; 09-24-2009 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Century old child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Remember, dancing and singing at the same time is incredibly difficult. Even with continuous practice when in peak form, a pro will be exhausted by the end of a show just from the effort of doing both at once. The average person, no matter how good their voice or their moves, could not even do a single full-length song with the vigor people are expecting of Alizée. The breathing for each is interupted by the other.

I expect we'll see more of it from her as she keeps practicing and getting herself back in to peak performing form, but depending on how she wants to present her music, it may not be possible to do what she did before.

One of the reasons many popstars use strong backtracks for supposedly live performances is the fact that the intense dances associated with their routines do not allow strong singing, even if they actually do have a good voice and good pitch.
I like the balance struck in he 2004 en concert.. where she had both back up singers and dancers to pick up the slack. Its a lot of work, but hey....
Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Century old child!

I've come to luv her 20"s style curls and her 60's style mini skirt dresses. However I do miss the dances. I think what we are seeing now, too, is the producer's cap on her and how she is wearing several hats. Hence not as care free. But she's just starting and has a couple of decades left in her yet! All I ask is that she remains a class act...

I'd luv to see her in a Moulin Rouge style musical film. I liked the Mademoiselle Juliette "character".. I wish more was done with that.. especially with the concerts
Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I like the balance struck in he 2004 en concert.. where she had both back up singers and dancers to pick up the slack. Its a lot of work, but hey....
it's common knowledge that she was at the peak of her power during the MCE era.

kinda hard to go back to now, most unfortunately.

BUT. i do like some newer bits of her performace i've seen. what i've seen is the stage set up with stuff like a bed, table, couch and so on and she sorta moves between them with each song.

it's cute and unique

Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I've come to luv her 20"s style curls and her 60's style mini skirt dresses. However I do miss the dances. I think what we are seeing now, too, is the producer's cap on her and how she is wearing several hats. Hence not as care free. But she's just starting and has a couple of decades left in her yet! All I ask is that she remains a class act...

I'd luv to see her in a Moulin Rouge style musical film. I liked the Mademoiselle Juliette "character".. I wish more was done with that.. especially with the concerts
Of all her new looks, the MJ was by far the best. Though it wasn't as amazing as the MCE dances, her performance of it at the Mexican awards thingy was good.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
it's cute and unique
Unique?
I LOVE unique

but yeah, anyways, lets not be the cynics and critics that she's so fed up about
Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Century old child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Unique?
I LOVE unique

but yeah, anyways, lets not be the cynics and critics that she's so fed up about
I hope I didn't seem that way, and I appreciate her album and what she is doing. However, as a fan, and a selfish one at that, I can't help but want more, because she was damn good at it!