Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Thanks wildfire for dredging up these old posts. Most of them I have seen before, but they are really inspiring. I have had similar insights since I found Alizee. She inspired me to write poetry for the first time in my life starting with her as the subject. The way she lifts me up and grounds me is almost supernatural. It is subtle and simple. Intellectually it can be confusing, but in my heart it feels so real and soothing. I can't know how she effects other fans, but from what they share it is a similar experience that is difficult to put into words other than the obvious qualities Alizee possesses. If you get her you are a fan and if you don't she seems to have little impact other than her physical beauty.She stands out like a fine cut diamond in a field of coal.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Alizéeist Fanatic

Pjoo is on a distinguished road

Well, I never have been listening to songs based on artist before, and didn't care very much for music at all. Also, she made me want to learn some french. Other than that, could be Alizée in my subconsciousness telling me I really want to go study computer science, but not really sure if Alizée has anything to do with it. And I really liked that one Renault... That could only be because of the ignition "key" though, it was awesome.
"Always" liked the french, the culture atleast, language a bit less. Always been rather positive person, quite introvert in a way, not caring what others think of my opinions, always preferred "good girls", such... Alizée really hasn't changed any of that, maybe just reinforced it. Obsessing over persons and art/cultural stuff, be it books, games, TV shows, movies, etc. isn't really anything new to me :P
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjoo View Post
Well, I never have been listening to songs based on artist before, and didn't care very much for music at all. (...)
"Always" liked the french, the culture atleast (...)
Always been rather positive person, quite introvert in a way, not caring what others think of my opinions, always preferred "good girls", such... Alizée really hasn't changed any of that, maybe just reinforced it.
I can say the same, but I started learning french long time before I disovered her. And I never listened specific artist, I was listening different radios, various music and rather rarely. And I wasn't obsessed with any artist, book etc. before.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Vorock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
A weird list.... but she has changed me incredibly.

-She made me want to learn French.
-She made me want to live in Paris or anywhere in France.
-She made me like French food. But I can't really tell the difference between French and Italian food sometimes.
-She made me want to mature even faster, because since she matured so fast (living on her own/having a baby/married), it makes me hate how i still am (living with my parents/no girlfriend/still playing video games and stuff). ugh i feel like a little kid. and im turning 21 next monday.... so that makes me feel even more pathetic.
Same but I also changed a lot about how I feel about women. I always thought of them as being just a different gender but she made me realize women are precious, beautiful, and important in our lives.
Also good to know you stopped with your "ghetto" lifestyle .
Old 10-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Alizée Acolyte

BrianB is on a distinguished road
Smile

For me, Alizée has:

- Expanded my appreciation of French music. (Duh!) I've been a huge fan of Edith Piaf for years but never thought to go beyond that until I discovered her grace.
- After years of accepting my phobia about flying I'm now planning to take a trip Europe early next year. I've never been outside North America before so this will be a big change for me.
- Related to the above, I've started to re-learn French. (I haven't taken a French class since junior high, which for me was way back in the 70s. )
- And most of important of all, I've learned how to enjoy art (e.g., Alizée's music and performances) on an almost purely emotional level. Normally, I have a bad habit of over-intellectualizing my feelings toward art. With Alizée's music, on the other hand, I often don't know why I enjoy it so much. However, I now know that's OK.

Brian
P.S.
Thanks, wildfire, for reviving this thread!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

you guys are killing me with these gif-a-licouses!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

she's made me a better person. motivated me to learn french. opened my mind to more European culture, and made me realize how much i miss traveling!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

So much... If you could compare the old me to the post-Alizee-discovery-me, you would be baffled. It would scare the living crap out of you... But all the ways are good ways, trust me...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
So much... If you could compare the old me to the post-Alizee-discovery-me, you would be baffled. It would scare the living crap out of you... But all the ways are good ways, trust me...
Hahaha, YES! Same here. I was such a...ahem...not a good person. Alizée just made me less cynical, more positive and most importantly - HAPPY. I've always been a bit of a downer, but for the past 3 years since discovering Alizée, I'm happy pretty much 99.9 percent of the time now. It's amazing. I smile nonstop when I think about her.

If there's one thing she has taught me how to do - it is to enjoy and appreciate life. And for that, I will always be grateful. I love Alizée!!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Alizee has made me crazy about her since 2001........
1.She made me to learn french language....though m not at all familiar to dat kind of language.....still m learning french so dat when one day i will meet her, i will talk to her......jst for dat few lines m spending hours daily......
2.Due to her i started respecting France a lot....n their culture.....
3.Even i don understand her songs, the kind of feeling she produces in the song, attracts me towards her...

Alizee has effected ma lifestyle a lot......
Now ma every heartbeat beats for her only......