Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-27-2009, 03:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Yeah but Youtube has become the passive napster. It makes illegally music much more accessible to the file-sharing illiterate. Especialy now that people are strapped for cash, they re less likely to buy albums if they can just listen to it on youtube and even organize playlists. there's no revenue generated except from the ads that I think only youtube gets. remember the music is posted by users.

"
I have to disagree with this too. When I went over to Paris in December of 2007 to be at her autograph session, even though I had every version of her songs in cd's and dvd's, I bought every thing of hers I could get my hands on and so too I think people would do who are truely her fans. They want the real McCoy. They want to buy her cd's and dvd's to reward her for bringing such incredible enjoyment into their lives. Anyone who doesn't isn't a true Alizée fan.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Can you imagine if Alizée walked out on stage with an acoustic guitar, playing and singing PLP?
I'm pretty sure i would cry tears of joy and kiss the earth she is walking on

Lefty made some good points as usual. Yes, i guess we can expect something more from her.
My main concern with her comeback was her live voice, which often (with some noteable exceptions) was far worse than the en concert standards imho.
I very much hope that at least her vocal skills are up to the task now, for this is not surprisingly the most vital part for a singer, beautiful appearance or not.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:29 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Disappointing sales for the album were aggravated by the growth of youtube since her last album.. essentially a free stream of her content. Plus there's the economy. The poor sales charts was probably aggravated by the poor promotion for her album. Similar reasons contributed to the canceling of her concerts. Would her album have done as well as MCE if these setbacks weren't present? Probably not, but it would have done better. Literally the era of CD died between her albums.
Go ahead and ask people in Paris (hell all over France) who she is and you won't find many. So there is no need to blame youtube.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Lefty made some good points as usual.
Yup. I think that not bringing something new to the table as an artist/performer contributed to the "more of the same" impression I was talking about earlier. Hopefully she starts writing, or at least co-writing, some lyrics. That would really help non-fans take her more seriously.

Anyway getting back on topic, Jung already posted it here, but Chateau Marmont's Pop Heart interview answers our question about their extent in composing the album:

http://www.popheart.fr/interview-ren...mont-3155.html

Quote:
Y-a-t'il des artistes pop que vous appréciez tout particulièrement ou avec qui vous aimeriez collaborer ?
Il en existe une quantité, mais en tant que groupe, c'est toujours un peu compliqué de monter un projet sérieux et digne d'intérêt. Par contre, travailler sur les productions d'artistes-interprètes comme nous l'avons fait pour Alizée nous excite particulièrement.

Justement, en ce moment, un buzz se fait autour de votre nom et celui d'Alizée, que pouvez-vous nous dire sur cette collaboration ? Quel est votre rôle dans ce projet ?
On a composé 4 titres pour son futur album, aux côtés d'autres artistes Institubes (Rob, David Rubato, Jérôme Echenoz + Tahiti Boy) et nous en sommes très contents. Cet album à fier allure. Il déconcertera certainement la frange conservatrice de ses fans mais quiconque un tant soi peu ouvert d'esprit trouvera cela intéressant.
Are there any pop artists that you particularly enjoy or that you'd like to collaborate with?
There are many, but as a group it's always a little difficult to mount a serious and noteworthy project. By contrast, working on the productions of performers as we have done for Alizée particularly excites us.

Precisely at this moment, there is a buzz around your name and that of Alizée. What can you say about this collaboration? What is your role in this project?
[We have] composed four tracks for her future album, alongside other Institubes artists (Rob, David Rubato, Jerome Echenoz, and Tahiti Boy), and we are very happy. The album sounds great. It will certainly upset the conservative fringe of her fans, but anyone a little open-minded will find it interesting.

Hear that guys? Time to be "open-minded".
Old 11-28-2009, 03:55 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yup. I think that not bringing something new to the table as an artist/performer contributed to the "more of the same" impression I was talking about earlier. Hopefully she starts writing, or at least co-writing, some lyrics. That would really help non-fans take her more seriously.

Anyway getting back on topic, Jung already posted it here, but Chateau Marmont's Pop Heart interview answers our question about their extent in composing the album:

http://www.popheart.fr/interview-ren...mont-3155.html

Are there any pop artists that you particularly enjoy or that you'd like to collaborate with?
There are many, but as a group it's always a little difficult to mount a serious and noteworthy project. By contrast, working on the productions of performers as we have done for Alizée particularly excites us.

Precisely at this moment, there is a buzz around your name and that of Alizée. What can you say about this collaboration? What is your role in this project?
[We have] composed four tracks for her future album, alongside other Institubes artists (Rob, David Rubato, Jerome Echenoz, and Tahiti Boy), and we are very happy. The album sounds great. It will certainly upset the conservative fringe of her fans, but anyone a little open-minded will find it interesting.

Hear that guys? Time to be "open-minded". ;
)

aww crap. how much more changing is going to happen?!? first our beloved Lolita gives rise to Psychedelicies, which took a bit to get used to, and it's changing again?!

that's like taking a meat clever to original fan base!
(well, could be anyways. i may be over dramatizing it a bit. )

Old 11-28-2009, 09:34 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
that's like taking a meat clever to original fan base!
That just may be the point. She honestly needs to lose a few of her fans and get new ones.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Not every change is an improvement, but you can’t have improvement if you don’t change. Change is necessary for continued growth and most artists must evolve to stay relevant over a long period of time, at least if they want to remain successful in the music business.

@Jung, your point is well taken. Some of Alizée’s old fans may be just weighing her down by trying to hold her to what she used to be. Maybe it’s time to just gracefully let them go their own way. As Ben once said, trying to compromise between fans that wanted her to be Lolita and fans that were ready for change caused her to miss both target groups. I don’t think her future lies in the past.

No doubt the new album will be another change. I’m looking forward to it because I like it when an artist challenges people to be open-minded, as long as it's a quality product. And with the type of people Alizée chooses to work with, along with her own skill in the studio, I'm confident we're going to get quality.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

We can not blame Alizée for wanting to get away from the controversial lyrics and revealing dresses of songs like Moi Lolita, J'en ai marre and J'ai pas vignt ans, especially now that she is a mom.But there were so many other beautiful songs from those early years that didn't fall into those categories, that to totally abandon them could be a big mistake.

From what I hear, she has teamed up with some people who from what other people say, are very talented at what they do. But I've said in the past, you can combine the best singer in the world, along with the best song writer and best musicians and that in no way will guarantee you success.

Maybe this change in styles will be the best thing for her, even if it means a change in fan base, but it is a gamble. She lost when she gambled with Psych, and imho, her career can not survive the loss of another gamble.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, an artist should never abandon their past or forget what got them to where they are. And it doesn’t hurt to revisit and honor those successes by including them in concert performances. (Personally, I would also go easy on the re-orchestrations too.) But one must also move on and create new successes.

Every choice one makes in the music business is a gamble. Not changing is a choice as well, and is just as much a gamble, maybe even a bigger one. I guess that’s the nature of the business Alizée finds herself in. I don’t think even Hari Seldon could figure out what to do next.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I think Alizée has shown herself to be a good recording vocalist. She showed good energy in Mexico and we had a great time as fans.

We've talked about everything regarding the personality and phenomenon of Alizée (her past and the possibilities of the future) ad nauseam, but frankly, the quantity and quality of what she has put out in the last six years does not warrant it. I think we just like to talk. I am grateful that Alizée gave it another shot after leaving M&L and gave us another chance to see her in action, good or bad. That was a very special time in my life. But now, what can you say but, where's the new album?

Yes, I realize that I never demand anything of other artists - either just check for a new album every couple months or lose interest, but even though my obsession with Alizée was pretty much killed due to lack of ability to engage with her in any way or to see her continue to perform in a spectacular way, I guess I just can't let go. I don't know when I'll ever be able to take down my Alizée posters and shrines, but I'm not going to live forever. There is one more album I must hear before I die. That's what it feels like sometimes. But, you know, it's just music. For her, it's just music and bringing life force into it is something she can't do so much as that, if one's lucky, it will be done through her. We probably take it too seriously. Of course, if we didn't she'd never have had any audience anyway. So, there's the paradox. Does not compute. * Roman's brain blue-screens once again *

Merci Fanny

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont