Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
well they're not really ex-fans if they are still here. they are definetely still connected to her
That's a definite

Quote:
Okay, you guys win. I'm still learning and I'll just accept the advice/criticism and move on. O and Barrett you said you weren't a fan of Alizee, so why are you even on here?(not to be mean)
I honestly respect this. Kudos.
I've been here a year and a half, and like every generation of fans the circle continues, recycles and decompose, all at different intervals for different people. I am here enjoying the last benefits of the last grays, sooner or later, there will be an era where me, and a wave of others, will cease to exist.

I've analyzed it, it has happened before, and it will happen again.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
That's a definite

I've been here a year and a half, and like every generation of fans the circle continues, recycles and decompose, all at different intervals for different people. I am here enjoying the last benefits of the last grays, sooner or later, there will be an era where me, and a wave of others, will cease to exist.

quoted for truth... seen it happen over the last 5years...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
That's a definite

Some people will always be here till the end. They will never leave.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Are you kidding me?! That's nothing like this! That's more like a debate between a Cubs fan and a Sox fan.
More of a Yankees guy myself.

Quote:
I am here enjoying the last benefits of the last grays, sooner or later, there will be an era where me, and a wave of others, will cease to exist.

True for the most part, I can't begin to count the number of people I've seen come and go... But then there are a few like myself and Plaz who always seem to stick around. I think maybe our expectations are a little different. Which gets us back on topic...

I see Alizée releasing the occasional album, making the odd appearance, and myself enjoying it.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:49 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
More of a Yankees guy myself.

True for the most part, I can't begin to count the number of people I've seen come and go... But then there are a few like myself and Plaz who always seem to stick around. I think maybe our expectations are a little different. Which gets us back on topic...

I see Alizée releasing the occasional album, making the odd appearance, and myself enjoying it.
I'll be also there always doing the same.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
well they're not really ex-fans if they are still here. they are definetely still connected to her
connectedness is not always connected with fan-ness, actually it rarely is .

Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I foresee myself being an Alizée supporter for the long haul, but I must say that my support isn’t completely unconditional. There are ways she could lose me, but I think that possibility is a small one at this point. She has always done a good job on her albums and she has always worked with musicians and writers who also do their jobs well. She has not demonstrated behavior any worse than the average person does, at least to my eyes. So in the 2 areas that matter to me, she has historically done well in my opinion, so I have no reason to doubt that this will continue to be the case.

Alizée finds herself in a career that requires a lot of hard work and a lot of luck to maintain. Her future is dependent on many factors beyond her control, but it is up to her just how hard she is willing to work and how persistent she will be going into the future. I think she does have a passion for music and she wants to continue. To me, the big question is how hard is she willing to work?

I’ve said in the past that I don’t think Alizée is too industrious. To maintain a successful career in her chosen field, I think being industrious is a necessity. My guess is that she will continue to produce albums occasionally and do some appearances. As long as she keeps the record companies happy, she will have an avenue to reach the public. Otherwise, she could always market her music directly to the public via the internet. But I hope it won’t come to that, because I would miss her TV and other public appearances.

Some people have mentioned a possible acting career for her. I don't know about that. I think she could play a few select parts, but an actor often has to dig down and expose their inner feelings to really make a role believable. I'm not sure Alizée can do that, being that she is such a private person. If she could learn to do that, I think she would find it would also be a big help to her singing career. One thing I have noticed during Psych is that she often appeared too "guarded" in many of her performances. I hope she goes for it on this new album and doesn't hold anything back.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
...Some people have mentioned a possible acting career for her. I don't know about that. I think she could play a few select parts, but an actor often has to dig down and expose their inner feelings to really make a role believable. I'm not sure Alizée can do that, being that she is such a private person. If she could learn to do that, I think she would find it would also be a big help to her singing career. One thing I have noticed during Psych is that she often appeared too "guarded" in many of her performances. I hope she goes for it on this new album and doesn't hold anything back.
Acting on stage, where you are playing a role, is different than swimming with the sharks (as she often was during interviews). She is an artistic personality and I think she would do fine in an acting environment.

As for the stage performances, I did see a lack of confidence, but this has seemed to fade as she got used to performing as an adult (as compared to a teen). I think her appearances in L.E. is especially good in this regard as she interfaces with other adults and "gets used" to performing as an adult.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:04 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To me, the big question is how hard is she willing to work?
That is indeed the central question...she has yet to proove that she is hungry enough to be really successful.

Quote:
I’ve said in the past that I don’t think Alizée is too industrious. To maintain a successful career in her chosen field, I think being industrious is a necessity. My guess is that she will continue to produce albums occasionally and do some appearances. As long as she keeps the record companies happy, she will have an avenue to reach the public. Otherwise, she could always market her music directly to the public via the internet. But I hope it won’t come to that, because I would miss her TV and other public appearances.
I agree
Quote:
Some people have mentioned a possible acting career for her. I don't know about that. I think she could play a few select parts, but an actor often has to dig down and expose their inner feelings to really make a role believable. I'm not sure Alizée can do that, being that she is such a private person. If she could learn to do that, I think she would find it would also be a big help to her singing career. One thing I have noticed during Psych is that she often appeared too "guarded" in many of her performances. I hope she goes for it on this new album and doesn't hold anything back.
I think her "guardedness" might be related to people expecting her to do sexy dances in a sailorsuit, which she is no longer willing to do.
At the same time the press was hammering her with buzzwords like sexy and Lolita and so on, which are also not topics she likes to concentrate on.
Getting marriage proposals at press conferences and fanatic fans not respecting her privacy didn't help neither
So, she knew the new Alizée would be something else than people expected, and was not sure of her reception and her new role..

Old 12-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

What the heck just happened?
Some random dude do some minor lilibashing and all hell breaks lose...
Too bad I missed it thou, some fun reading atleast. We need a little action around these parts of space...

Gogo lilirangers!

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Tags
alizee, future