Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
I don't know; the Concorde had a maximum speed of Mach 2.2 (~ 1,450 mph) & a ceiling of 60,000 feet; great at cruising at 56,000 @ 2.02. then there was the Tupolev Tu-144; ceiling @ 59,000 with a maximum speed of Mach 2.35 (~1,550 mph). Both of those are retired already due to expenses and the overall aeronautical difficulties associated.

Of course, I'm still mighty impressed with the record of the SR-71 "Blackbird." It has a ceiling of 85,000 feet with a max speed guaged @ Mach 3.2+ (~2,200 mph). But still...to have an aircraft going like the X-15 carrying a bunch of passengers does seem rather exotic. Two more years? Wish them luck!!!
WOW........... you really know your stuff lol. Yea I was really depressed when the Concorde was retired, I always wanted to ride in one. People who lived near JFK Airport would always complain about hearing sonic booms, that and the fuel and costs made the whole thing impractical for the everyday users....... shame I also herd they had problems getting the nose to go down on landings making it hard for the pilot to see the runway.
If you think the SR-71 is sexy.......... which it is ( I am a huge fan of skunk works which is why I want to work for them someday)............. check out my favorite hyper sonics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_X-15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_X-43

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

I really am not up on it like I should be; at least, not since I left the service some years ago. I've read about those scramjets though. They sound rather interesting.

It's amazing the amount of heat having to compensate for and the fusilage expanding/contracting accordingly. It's really scary at times just what all has to be taken into consideration to get one of those things off the ground and into the air where it can function according to design/plan.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 01-03-2010 at 06:25 AM..
Old 01-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

There has been the capability of commercial space flight for many years, but in order for public flights the safety has to be impeccable. Space tourism gets delayed year after year which is pretty depressing. On the other hand it is a comfort knowing that richy rich Richard Branson can easily afford the expenses.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
There has been the capability of commercial space flight for many years, but in order for public flights the safety has to be impeccable. Space tourism gets delayed year after year which is pretty depressing. On the other hand it is a comfort knowing that richy rich Richard Branson can easily afford the expenses.
Well, isn't it just natural that new things come at a price that only the super rich can afford? I don't really think that's a bad thing either.

Let them be the guinea pigs!

That way, when it does become more accessible to the general public, the technology has been refined somewhat.

But honestly... what can you really do on these tours anyways? Float around in your ship for a bit and look at the earth/moon?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

looks like some trance dj's were invited to the event... they posted a small video on their youtube....

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xqPgHPaqnME&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xqPgHPaqnME&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

---------------------------------------------------

Old 01-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Nice video plaz lucky dj got to go

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!