Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
=Mon Maquis;148740]No, Melissa does not have children. A lot of singers have children (Gwen Stefani, Britney Spears etc.) and even some have more then one, but they still find time to tour.
True Melissa Mars doesn't have any children, yet artists like Mon Maquis mentioned Gwen Stefani, and Britney Spears do, but let's see how crazy and contreversial has Bristney's personal and professional life been. At first yeah she was a HUUUGE sensation and "product" introduced into the American Music Market but after a few years after those moments her reputation has declined dramatically due to various scandals with her family, children custudy, and career. She hasn't been able to balance out and take well care off her career and family at the same time.

Being said this, I think Alizee has so far done well in balancing out her career with her family life with these long breaks she has taken. Going back to Melissa Mars well, she's young, talented, attractive, and with no personal responsibilities (children) to take care of, so she is a very high candidate for the French music industry to present her into the American market. She is well and cleverly involved in various markets (music, theater, and film) that little by little her name is being more well known. If she is sorrounded by capable professional visionary producers and managers I don't see why not in the near future she could be a foreign music star here in the states. Her music is interesting with styles like rock, some gothic, pop, and many others that can be target to American listeners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
@ MonMaquis:

If you're going to start saying Alizée should be more like Britney, then we've got a problem. Chevy may sell more than Rolls, and Martini & Rossi may sell more than Moët & Chandon, but...
I agree with Mon Maquis, I believe he was referring to them having children and still being able to tour (but my position about this has been stated above )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Ok so what I got from this is that it is good for Alizee that MM has a career in the U.S. (Chuck: despite it being a good one or not) Alizee should follow in her footsteps?

Well. I think you are right about an uphill battle for recognition; but I think this would occur if they toured together. If they are seperate it will occur too. Plus they have, in my opinion, very different styles of music.

Concerning your "breaking the ice for french...": I hope Melissa does not get bigger in the U.S. because then Alizee will come in second. And is THAT any better than our situation now? (situation being she is barely recognized now and Melissa would hog the "spotlight.")
I believe Alizee should follow Melissa Mars ambition and interest in entering the American market if she wishes. Touring together......could be interesting, but there has to be alot of support from both parts and keep in mind that at the end most likely only one would remain a big artist in the US, and like Black Anthem mentioned their music styles vary tremendously..but who knows...

Anyways..... I can't wait for February to see her appearance in the film