Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
=Mon Maquis;148740]No, Melissa does not have children. A lot of singers have children (Gwen Stefani, Britney Spears etc.) and even some have more then one, but they still find time to tour.
True Melissa Mars doesn't have any children, yet artists like Mon Maquis mentioned Gwen Stefani, and Britney Spears do, but let's see how crazy and contreversial has Bristney's personal and professional life been. At first yeah she was a HUUUGE sensation and "product" introduced into the American Music Market but after a few years after those moments her reputation has declined dramatically due to various scandals with her family, children custudy, and career. She hasn't been able to balance out and take well care off her career and family at the same time.

Being said this, I think Alizee has so far done well in balancing out her career with her family life with these long breaks she has taken. Going back to Melissa Mars well, she's young, talented, attractive, and with no personal responsibilities (children) to take care of, so she is a very high candidate for the French music industry to present her into the American market. She is well and cleverly involved in various markets (music, theater, and film) that little by little her name is being more well known. If she is sorrounded by capable professional visionary producers and managers I don't see why not in the near future she could be a foreign music star here in the states. Her music is interesting with styles like rock, some gothic, pop, and many others that can be target to American listeners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
@ MonMaquis:

If you're going to start saying Alizée should be more like Britney, then we've got a problem. Chevy may sell more than Rolls, and Martini & Rossi may sell more than Moët & Chandon, but...
I agree with Mon Maquis, I believe he was referring to them having children and still being able to tour (but my position about this has been stated above )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Ok so what I got from this is that it is good for Alizee that MM has a career in the U.S. (Chuck: despite it being a good one or not) Alizee should follow in her footsteps?

Well. I think you are right about an uphill battle for recognition; but I think this would occur if they toured together. If they are seperate it will occur too. Plus they have, in my opinion, very different styles of music.

Concerning your "breaking the ice for french...": I hope Melissa does not get bigger in the U.S. because then Alizee will come in second. And is THAT any better than our situation now? (situation being she is barely recognized now and Melissa would hog the "spotlight.")
I believe Alizee should follow Melissa Mars ambition and interest in entering the American market if she wishes. Touring together......could be interesting, but there has to be alot of support from both parts and keep in mind that at the end most likely only one would remain a big artist in the US, and like Black Anthem mentioned their music styles vary tremendously..but who knows...

Anyways..... I can't wait for February to see her appearance in the film
Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I hope that MM and Yelle have a lot of success in the USA. I think it's not only for their benefit, but also the benefit of Americans. We need to open up to the world more.

I am happy that Alizée seems to maintain a good balance between career and family life, but I don't accept the notion that this explains why she isn't more active in the music business. I simply think Alizée works as hard as she wants to. If Alizée is avoiding the US market because she simply doesn't want more stuff on her plate, then that's fine. It's her choice. But if she is avoiding it out of fear or any unwarranted concerns, then I think that's unfortunate. I had hoped that she would be the first to break through the barrier, but it hasn't worked out that way.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM

POL1C1A is on a distinguished road
Default lol

Why is it such a big deal to get Alizée in America in the first place? Maybe she doesn't wanna get her ass over here. She's not really doing much, except sitting around, posting on her Twitter every now and then, and occasionally saying something about her ~new album. And don't give me an update on her day to day agenda; I didn't ask for that.

I'm not really a huge Melissa Mars fan, but shit! At least she is doing something with her time and talent.

WHY IS IT SUCH A HUGE DEAL?

I mean, if you wanna see her in concert, fly your ass to where she's at. She's not gonna do swimmingly in America in the first place. The only reason Yelle has done pretty well (IN MY OPINION) is because of her genre. She falls into a totally different category. Plus, the internet loves her. Maybe Alizée could have an American following somewhat similar to the one behind Yelle if she got her ass up and did something and quit saying, "new album, new album" and not delivering.

AND DON'T GIVE ME A DATE FOR THE ALBUM BECAUSE IDGAF
AND DON'T SAY TL;DR, because I will know you're lying.

Edit:

And they're not gonna tour together, so hang that one up

Last edited by POL1C1A; 01-12-2010 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
synethsized horse shit. It will probably sell big.
I shall remember this for the upcoming months, you don't mind if I quote this at a later date now do you?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
@ MonMaquis:

If you're going to start saying Alizée should be more like Britney, then we've got a problem. Chevy may sell more than Rolls, and Martini & Rossi may sell more than Moët & Chandon, but...
I want to be clear, I was saying that other singers have children and not that Alizee should follow Britney.

Not like I was sayin that Alizee "Kissed da baby"...
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM

POL1C1A is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
I want to be clear, I was saying that other singers have children and not that Alizee should follow Britney.

Not like I was sayin that Alizee "Kissed da baby"...
CHILD PLEASE, you know she kissed da baby!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
synethsized horse shit. It will probably sell big.
I shall remember this for the upcoming months, you don't mind if I quote this at a later date now do you?
So it won't sell big?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
So it won't sell big?
I don't think so.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I agree with Mon Maquis, I believe he was referring to them having children and still being able to tour (but my position about this has been stated above )

I believe Alizee should follow Melissa Mars ambition and interest in entering the American market if she wishes. Touring together......could be interesting, but there has to be alot of support from both parts and keep in mind that at the end most likely only one would remain a big artist in the US, and like Black Anthem mentioned their music styles vary tremendously..but who knows...
Definitely Alizee should come to America. I don't think she should do it after MM. I think that would be bad for her. I think people would say, "Oh look, Alizee saw how successful MM was and now she want's it, too" That would be be bad for her reputation. I think we should have gotten her here earlier. Do see my point?

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 01-12-2010 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
So it won't sell big?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
I don't think so.
I believe it already did, but I'll just make sure to remember the quote at a later time none the less.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Well if you want to get to Paris for free....here you gooooooo:

http://www.frompariswithlovesweepstakes.com