Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Here's a zip of the 5 new files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10GWP2JS

Too bad there isn't sound. As nice as it is to see her, it's the music I'm really curious about! Well roll on tomorrow. It would be a little odd to offer a pre-order without any samples, no?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Here's a zip of the 5 new files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10GWP2JS

Too bad there isn't sound. As nice as it is to see her, it's the music I'm really curious about! Well roll on tomorrow. It would be a little odd to offer a pre-order without any samples, no?
Thanks, Ben. And I agree with you. Maybe a few samples will appear if or when the pre-order starts.

As for me, I would buy the album even without samples. I would even buy it if there were samples and they sucked. I want Alizée's career to continue for the long haul because I like her and I think she will deliver good work in the future. I'm sure many of us here feel the same way.

Without samples though, I think the pre-order will only appeal to the more hard core fans, which may limit what the record company can learn from the sales data of such a pre-order.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I want Alizée's career to continue for the long haul because I like her and I think she will deliver good work in the future.
Yup. T'is the reason I bought Mes Courants Électriques and En Concert, twice.

-------------------
This album is going to change everything.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:55 PM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Without samples though, I think the pre-order will only appeal to the more hard core fans, which may limit what the record company can learn from the sales data of such a pre-order.
Holy smokes, I was saying the exact same thing to someone else this morning ... I completely agree with your point clearly Great minds ..
Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

wow... now that just makes it harder to wait for the release!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:36 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

So, I wonder, what, if anything, is Jive/Epic doing? Sales are going through Alizée's site through some obscure music sales web site... Anyone could do this. I've bought a couple albums that were played on either just YouTube or internet radio that functioned about like this. I'm wondering if "major label" means anything at all anymore. I mean, who cares as long as one gets what one wants, but ... I'm quite uncertain as to what any of it has meant in the last couple years.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So, I wonder, what, if anything, is Jive/Epic doing? Sales are going through Alizée's site through some obscure music sales web site... Anyone could do this. I've bought a couple albums that were played on either just YouTube or internet radio that functioned about like this. I'm wondering if "major label" means anything at all anymore. I mean, who cares as long as one gets what one wants, but ... I'm quite uncertain as to what any of it has meant in the last couple years.
I was talking with some people about this, and my take on it is that the Deluxe Edition was probably something Alizée and Institubes cooked up more or less on their own, while the normal versions that appear in record shops and the usual online outlets will need Sony's backing to meet production demands.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I was talking with some people about this, and my take on it is that the Deluxe Edition was probably something Alizée and Institubes cooked up more or less on their own, while the normal versions that appear in record shops and the usual online outlets will need Sony's backing to meet production demands.
It seems that this would be quite an interesting arrangement, and if true, could be good for Alizée. I would imagine Institubes is a more "artist friendly" label. So hopefully Alizée's share of the income from this pre-order will be a higher percentage than what she would have normally received from Sony.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It seems that this would be quite an interesting arrangement, and if true, could be good for Alizée. I would imagine Institubes is a more "artist friendly" label. So hopefully Alizée's share of the income from this pre-order will be a higher percentage than what she would have normally received from Sony.
It's certainly a good idea to establish a link to her fans and to create some revenue from them.
No one else will bother to preorder the album for this price -> this arrangement is solely for her hardcore-fans.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee's YouTube Official Channel Updated

Alizee has updated and modified her Official YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/alizeeof.../0/__H6yKjKI-4

Really glad to see things are starting to move forward

I dunno if this is the correct thread to post this, so if Ben finds the best place to relocated, please do so, THANKS!