Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Number one is GREAT! It means they are getting their promotion right this time.
Uh, last time she got the most downloaded single of 2007 or something like that. She sold tens of thousands in a couple weeks or something like that.
They sold enough to stores to get Alizée the gold certification in France which she received on a tv show. She got a lot of attention with Psychédélices. She was on Star Ac, etc. It just wasn't enough to be a hit and considered interesting.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Online French Rock Mag Deems Alizée Now Worthy

Okay, here's that article I mentioned before. It's pretty short, doesn't say that much, but interesting nonetheless...

Wasabi, and anyone else interested,
It says something like this:

ALIZEE RETURNS AND SURPRISES WITH "LIMELIGHT"

No, you're not mistaken, (and you're not in a cheese store?!), this is really 97 Rue du Rock and we're going too talk to you about Alizée, the little doll constructed piece by piece by Mylène Farmer, but the Lolita has grown well, while having abandoned the poor fairy godmother who watched over her future.

Alizée changes the tone for her fourth album and that's good, for now we find a real interest in telling you about it. Entitled Une Enfant Du Siècle, this album was produced in cooperation with talented indie artists such as Chateau Marmont and Tahiti Boy. The first title is available to hear, entitled "Limelight" and we have to say the surprise is in the conjunction, because Alizee has definitely turned a page from the commercial, the bland, and the flavorless. But, the title "Limelight" is not a very strong title in itself, we hope for the Corsican artist that other wonders even more audacious will be found in this album, which has earned our surprise.

UEDS will be out March 29 and will turn the page of naive pop for Alizee.

Hmmmph. Hmmm? Hmmmm.

By the way, great job from everyone who's been leaving notes on ChartsInFrance.net! But if you haven't yet, go ahead, it's easy! Just click below, then scroll down and there you go!

EDIT -
(I just got my sh#t together (if only slightly) and preordered EDS from amazon france. Its $20. With the shipping, all of about $32. Just from my having used our amazon, they already knew all my account info, so it wasn't too tough.)

Last edited by Chuck; 02-17-2010 at 01:09 AM..

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont