Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Bienvenu, Orion !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
well, the last time, for Psych, I said, BEFORE THE ALBUM CAME OUT that what Alizée MUST do is make sure that her FIRST single IS the best one on her album. I was VERY disappointed about MJ being that single!!! I explained WHY, and I explained WHAT was wrong with the vocals AND with the video. HEll I even told everybody that it will be "Vogue" Africanish dancing even before we got to see that part.

BTW I know this is OT, but PLEASE let me have this post for now.
Welcome to AAm, Orion ! Personally, I can deal with a really long post, occasionally, AS LONG AS IT'S NOT BORING!

You mention disappointment in MJ's having been chosen as the first single from Psych. To tell you the truth, I have a tiny bit of similar doubts about this song - "Les Collines". A beautiful voice, yes! A danceable rhythm, yes. Half (or more) of the lyrics in English - great! But also: dark and sad-sounding, yes? Repetitive and a bit monotonous, yes? In most of these aspects, similar to MJ, yes?

Therefore, I'm excited about the new album, new material, new style, new image - all of it! And excited about Alizée's newest chance at renewed success, in France and maybe even chez nous, too! However, I am also strongly hoping that there will be other songs on the CD that I will enjoy even more... Fun stuff, like "Décollage", "Fifty Sixty" or "Lillytown", 'artistic' stuff like "Psychédélices", and (or) beautiful, ethereal songs like "Paupières". If the whole album is going to sound depressing, I suspect the sales might be too. It would be an uphill battle.

(To my fellow members who are not Orion - I never said any of that ^! )

Anyway, we're very glad you are here, even as your reputation precedes you.

Last edited by Chuck; 02-24-2010 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Trying to be more translatable...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

[QUOTE=Orion;152730]

Thanks for hearing me out guys. I hope that my stay here does not disrupt too much. If it does, I will stay away.

QUOTE]

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Orion as I do Ben and all they do to keep these forums going. We need opinions, good, bad or indifferent. As you two probably know, I've been one of her biggest critics in the past and if I need to be critical again, in a way that I think will be constructive, I wont hesitate to do so. So all opinions should be heard and hopefully an average will form from what we'll get a true picture of what's going on. I've posted on your site numerous times Orion and I hope you visit here and offer your opinions often.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:23 PM

Orion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Welcome to AAm, Orion ! Personally, I can deal with a really long post, occasionally, AS LONG AS IT'S NOT BORING!
haha, well I will try my best to keep things interesting, Chuck . . . . no doubt there will be LOTS of beef

Quote:
You mention disappointment in MJ's having been chosen as the first single from Psych. To tell you the truth, I have a tiny bit of similar doubts about this song - "Les Collines". A beautiful voice, yes! A danceable rhythm, yes. Half (or more) of the lyrics in English - great! But also: dark and sad-sounding, yes? Repetitive and a bit monotonous, yes? In most of these aspects, similar to MJ, yes?
Yes, certainly a lot of things I hated about MJ and hated for it being chosen as the 1st single. My response on AF was more lengthy and detailed, but to summarize briefly . . . . I spoke about the vocal style being too "choppy" and about the ways in which the video did everything to remind everybody of Mylène Farmer's Style . . the whole video was a bit too obvious on many levels in my opinion . . . . pretentious even.

What's good about Les Collines, though, is that I do not see anything "Mylène" and it is completely new style for her. The reason why I mention Mylène is that they broke up and Alizée wanted to do things her own way, BUT the first thing she releases does everything to remind us of Mylène. . . not a bad thing, but in her case it IS a bad thing I won;t go into mroe detail;ed explanation here though . . . Les Collines is truly different and has a chance to spark some interest . . . maybe not in all circles.

It was also about FS which should've been the first single OR even PLP. AS far as FS goes, it had a style of wardrobe and video . . it immediately reminded us of all the images she released prior to the first single, and it reminded us of the album cover. It had potential for great marketing and to put together a 50s 60s clothing line for fans etc . . . but that's another story. Before the FS video was released, I mentioned how she needed a FUn video and even wacky! . . off the wall fun. Was I right, or was I wrong I was tired of all the lolipop dance choreography.

AS for PLP, even before hearing the album I asked if there would be a song on the album that was like a ballad . . . something that would bring her closer to the fans like AMD. A song with a story and a soft voice . . with beautiful sound. That was PLP. A REAL shame it wasn't amoung the first singles . . at least 2nd.

Quote:
Therefore, I'm excited about the new album, new material, new style, new image - all of it! And excited about Alizée's newest chance at renewed success, in France and maybe even chez nous, too! However, I am also strongly hoping that there will be other songs on the CD that I will enjoy even more... Fun stuff, like "Décollage" or "Lillytown", 'artistic' stuff like "Psychédélices", and (or) beautiful stuff like "Paupières". If the whole album is going to sound depressing, I suspect the sales might be too. It would be an uphill battle.
Well lets not forget that there will be some fun songs on this album . . . I would venture to suggest that the Spanish track(s) would be a fast one or a slow beautiful version . . either way, something like "La Isla Bonita" type would be MOST beneficial in Mexico, in Spain, and in general too! Let's hope!

Quote:
Anyway, we're very glad you are here, even as your reputation precedes you.
haha well thank you kind sir, I feel welcome. Although me reputation on AF is very good, to say the least, since 2003, I will do my best to make things on a par here.

This is a great forum too, and you guys should be proud. And although my heart is with AF, my heart of hearts is with the fans and Alizée, wherever they may be.

BTW . . sorry for going long winded again . . I hate my post because I cannot go into details here or it will be toooo OT.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post

Thanks for hearing me out guys. I hope that my stay here does not disrupt too much. If it does, I will stay away.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Orion as I do Ben and all they do to keep these forums going. We need opinions, good, bad or indifferent. As you two probably know, I've been one of her biggest critics in the past and if I need to be critical again, in a way that I think will be constructive, I wont hesitate to do so. So all opinions should be heard and hopefully an average will form from what we'll get a true picture of what's going on. I've posted on your site numerous times Orion and I hope you visit here and offer your opinions often.
Thank you so much for the kind words, dawg! All we should do is show more respect, PM or ask for info to clarify things when we find ourselvs arguing. For any of those that hate me or believe they hate me hahaha well get to know me a bit, if you haven' t spoken to me or know nothing about me. Yes to the fake YOuTube account they made in my honor to the endless hate mongering I am not simply still here, but I have been since 2000 and since 2003 on AF. Peace to all here, even my "enemies." And lets be honest, if I had true " enemies" here, I would be a VERY bad person to meet in a dark alley . . . but there are no such enemies here I would care to be evil to. I am nice by nature, and evil by necessity har har

P.S> I promise that my posts will not be this long in the future

Last edited by Orion; 02-24-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM

I have an idea of what could be a very good video for this song, but I'm sure Alizée will come out with one and I certainly don't want to steal any of her thunder, so it will have to wait til some time after.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Orion is on a distinguished road

ooooh that makes 2 of us!!

I could be of a girls running through city streets at night looking around corners, lit by the moonlight, and then add in some fade in/out fantasy type scenery. . . That's just one version . . . I know I know . . but it looks better on video than on " paper" haha
Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Welcome Orion. I've seen much longer posts here, so don't bother writing much, cause it's the best way to present fully and precisely your opinion. Btw.You have good points as always
Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Welcome Orion. Longtime devoted fans such as yourself is a great asset to Alizee fan sites. Keeping a balanced perspective and keeping an overall positive tone when critiquing Alizee can sometimes be difficult ,but I think necessary for the longevity of a fan site. It would be fun to hang out with you and Ben and the like hearing your experiences especially about Alizee that are obviously impossible to relate on a forum in detail. I lurk on AF and enjoy many posts there also. I agree that we are just one family when it comes to Alizee fandom.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:47 PM

It's so great to see so much traffic in the forums now. Parts of last year were so slow. I hope it continues for a long time to come.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwise View Post
Hmm, interesting observation. Do we know who the writers are, as of yet?? That'd definitely be something interesting to look into. It'll give me more of a reason to research Middle Eastern music!!
Well, the "Roman" coming with the promo mentions

"Rebecca Slotowski à réalisé le clip de morceau Fifty Sixty (David Rubato Version) et vient d'achever son premier long métrage, Belle Epine. Scénariste de cinema, elle écrit ice ses prèmier paroles."

So this woman seems to be behind the songtexts...but no info about if she wrote all the text or only for a few songs.

Noooo Orion...seems we are nowhere safe from you!
Just kiddin', nice to see some more interaction between the two forums!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Well, the "Roman" coming with the promo mentions

"Rebecca Slotowski à réalisé le clip de morceau Fifty Sixty (David Rubato Version) et vient d'achever son premier long métrage, Belle Epine. Scénariste de cinema, elle écrit ice ses prèmier paroles."

So this woman seems to be behind the songtexts...but no info about if she wrote all the text or only for a few songs.
Ahh, okay. Well, it's a start!