Money should not be a factor in such polls
Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
+65 Now,

I cant believe that guy has more supporters than Lilli
He hasn't. That's why someone is massively buying votes. 32% of his votes are bought, it's getting ridiculous.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
+65 Now,

I cant believe that guy has more supporters than Lilli
He doesn't really have more supporters, it's just he's getting more of the +100 votes. One thing I found out about the votes you buy, ( +35 and +100), is you can buy them as often as you want. That explains how this guy has caught up so quickly at times. He's probably voting for himself.

I'm not sure, but I think the voting ends at midnight Paris time which would be 6 pm my time (EST), so around that time I'm going to try and cast several +100 votes (they cost $3 each) to try and seal the deal for Alizee.

EDIT: Looks like me and Fenris were thinking the same thing at the same time.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;154392]
I'm not sure, but I think the voting ends at midnight Paris time which would be 6 pm my time (EST), so around that time I'm going to try and cast several +100 votes (they cost $3 each) to try and seal the deal for Alizee.
[QUOTE]

"Remise à zéro des compteurs le dimanche vers 20h."
Means the voting ends Sunday around 8pm Paris Time.

In my experience they take votes for some minutes after 8pm and then reset the counter.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Cool

[QUOTE=Fenris;154396][QUOTE=Scruffydog777;154392]
Quote:

"Remise à zéro des compteurs le dimanche vers 20h."
Means the voting ends Sunday around 8pm Paris Time.

In my experience they take votes for some minutes after 8pm and then reset the counter.
Thanks for the info Fenris. Zero hour will be a little beforee 2 pm EST. This is the day we turn the clocks forward too. I'll factor that in and update this later when I get home from work. I'm not sure if they turn the clocks ahead in France too. I'll just use the web to check the time and act accordingly.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:08 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Imagine what has to going through the minds of the supporters of the artists number four and down. They have to be saying WHAT THE FRACK is going on. Where are all these fans of Alizée coming from?

Remember this is a radio station along the Atlantic coast in Nantes France.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's like when some of us started commenting in English about Alizée at ChartsinFrance, and identifying ourselves as being from the USA. The reaction seemed to be total disbelief. Some of the French posters accused us of being French Alizée fans pretending to be Americans. One guy's "proof" was that Americans would never use "é" in spelling Alizée's name. (I had to laugh) After posting links to this site and encouraging them to investigate for themselves, the accusations quieted down.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Imagine what has to going through the minds of the supporters of the artists number four and down. They have to be saying WHAT THE FRACK is going on. Where are all these fans of Alizée coming from?

Remember this is a radio station along the Atlantic coast in Nantes France.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, it's like when some of us started commenting in English about Alizée at ChartsinFrance, and identifying ourselves as being from the USA. The reaction seemed to be total disbelief. Some of the French posters accused us of being French Alizée fans pretending to be Americans. One guy's "proof" was that Americans would never use "é" in spelling Alizée's name. (I had to laugh) After posting links to this site and encouraging them to investigate for themselves, the accusations quieted down.
Yes, it would be interesting to know how much of the Lili-votes actually come from France, and how much from the rest of the world.

I guess without us Lili would be nowhere near 1st place...i think it's quite unusual for a french artist to get the majority or even a significant percentage of her support from abroad.

And it's my impression too that the french have no idea about the Lili fans d'étranger, at least the french around us in Les Enfoires made big eyes as they learned that we are from non-french speaking countries, and even bigger eyes as they realized that we could even sing along to some of the songs.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@Fenris, yeah, Alizée has the advantage that when Europe goes to sleep, North and South America are still awake to keep voting for her.

And I agree that the French may not be completely aware of how many fans she has in the USA and other English speaking countries. Hell, the US fans don't even know how many of us there are. I notice that often there will be maybe 12 people logged in to this site, but there can be anywhere from 50 to 150 guests here. Who are these people? Are they people who are actually buying Alizée's music? Are they just curious? A little of both? I don't know...

Last edited by lefty12357; 03-13-2010 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: spelling lol
Old 03-13-2010, 01:27 PM

Cool

Well just a little update on my plans for tomorrow. The voting for this poll apparently ends around 8pm Paris time which I believe is 2pm EST. I have to double check this, especially with the spring forward time change tomorrow. So around 7pm Paris time, I'll start monitoring the vote every minute. I think what will happen is Alizee will have a lead and this guy in second will launch a last minute surge of votes to try and steal the win. I hope to counter this. How it all pans out will depend on the scores at that time and when he starts voting. I don't think I can do this all by myself and hope others will join in, in that last hour to see how things are going and lend a hand if able.

I don't know if winning this poll will do Alizee any good. Maybe the only real winner is Radio Atlantis. But I'm hoping by finishing first, it will get Lilly, this song and her new album more noticed, more air time and more sales. If it does nothing else than bring a smile to her face, then I think it will be well worth it.

I bought a few of the +100 votes yesterday, just to make sure I would know how when the time comes. The best thing about these votes you buy is you can buy another one right away. You don't have to wait an hour like you do for the free +5 votes. It cost $3 for a +100 point vote and $1 for a 35 point vote. It gets billed in most cases to your cell phone.If anyone needs advice on how to do it let me know. I don't think I'll be able to pull this off by myself, so I'm hopeful others will join in. I'm sure I cant and others in here cant afford to do this every week, but this week, Alizee is getting far more votes and deserves to win and I'm going to do my best to see she does.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2010 at 01:31 PM..