Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 03-09-2010, 01:32 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Re the picture with the unzipped leather jacked and rien d'autre underneath -- yeah that one's going to be talked about a lot. That's the raciest picture I've ever seen of Alizée, surpassing anything from the Mylène days. Again, signs of a radical transformation from the Psych era to the UEDS era.
I pretty much agree. It's not just about how much skin she's showing. It's not even necessarily that she's showing the navel. That is particularly significant because she used to and then didn't for years and gave the impression that she intended not to. Now, right after saying she is « pudique » [chaste/modest/prudish] she does this. That makes me really wonder what it is that she was referring to that people expected of her that was far too immodest--a striptease like Mylène in « l'amour c'est rien »? Was that meant for Alizée? (OH wow! That would have been huuuuuge! And, very controversial.) I can't imagine that her career is going to outlast what it could have been if she had gone more Mylène (actually it didn't--past tense), but I understand, that just wasn't Alizée. She is who she is or was who she was and that (along with the other reasons she left M&L and yes there were other reasons) was what she had to do. Of course, again like they say about having your cake and eating it too... Alizée got something from some of her choices that was irreplaceable.

So yeah, big deal, showing a bit of skin once again unlike anything she's done before, though not really "more". Yes, you can easily go see any amount of nudity or whatever you want any time on the net, but it's Alizée here and she has set up some kind of level of expectation and so when she then does something unexpectedly racy like that, that is why it generates particular attention. I guess she has just reset the bar on our expectations of what she might do. Does that re-generate some naughty secret hopes among the male populace? I don't know. But, I do tend to think that whether Alizée realizes all of this or not, it's just a photo for her. I wonder if she was swayed at all into thinking maybe it is more ok considering that her father has in the last year or two been taking a lot of sexy photos of various women.

Quote:
Actually, the Mylène era photos often gave the impression of a girl being sexy and provocative without being conscious of it, the ingenue. ...
Yeah, I guess I'm one of those guys who likes that. And eventually, I got the idea that that is exactly what it was in all honesty--something I hadn't really considered at first. And of course, there's no way around the fact that she was cute beyond words, very pretty, so sexy and altogether irresistibly adorable. So, the mind shuts down a bit making everything line up nicely.

Quote:
The photos that aren't so sexy are also a big change. They're mysterious and suggestive of -- well, I'm not sure what. She doesn't smile as much in them. She's role-playing. It's very interesting.
Je suis tout à fait d'accord (I totally agree). But I will suggest that people go back and look at the photos she did for the Psych era too. One might forget that she did some provocative photos eventually. Though, yes, if she had done them from the beginning instead of things like suspenders with buttons (which was actually similarly sexy because she was likewise nude under that, but it had that "kidsy" quirky side to it as well), one might have gotten a different idea. This new photo would have worked quite well as a representation of the song Mon Taxi Driver. It would have been nice if Alizée had been able to get more singles out in some way even if not in a big production sort of way along with photos and such that would correspond to each song. If she really still had a kidsy image, I think she could have blown that away with something like that, while still having the other stuff too. It was a matter of showing the people that she was still young and popy, but that was only one facet in a mélange of roles and images. It was just not nearly enough and the music didn't carry itself. Maybe it could have been done if there was much more there presented more like an experience than just an album. There was some of that. I think they knew that or had some idea and it is sort of being attempted this time, but maybe that's the difference between having a huge budget, great ideas from the get-go, and the ability to manage everything into existence--or an older experienced mentor... But, Alizée had to take control of her life and step out of someone's shadow as that was no doubt a natural desire for someone her age.

I decided long ago...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KjpyHX7X-o&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KjpyHX7X-o&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Quote:
What I'm saying is that between Psychédélices and Un enfant du siecle, Alizée has made a revolution, both musically and in her image.
She said she might change. I guess that was a forgone conclusion, though I need to read those interviews again. How did she end up working with these people? I got the impression that it was not the same kind of choice she made the first time.

Edit: merde ! I got there too late and the magazine is sold out. Anyone have an extra?

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-09-2010 at 01:41 AM..
Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Daddy's girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So yeah, big deal, showing a bit of
[s]kin once again unlike anything she's done before, though
not really "more"... I wonder if she was swayed at all into
thinking maybe it is more ok considering that her father has
in the last year or two been taking a lot of sexy photos of
various women.
<blockquote><i>By the way, I'll let you in on a little something, I put "Papa Don't Preach" as my ringtone on my cellphone when my dad calls me. (Laughs).</i></blockquote>-Alizée, translated from gay Paris' <i>Tribue move</i>, <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=88233&postcount=1">circa 2008.01</a>
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Um... except her Dad, brother, and other close blood relatives. Right? RIGHT??? Sheesh....
I said any straight male could not help THINKING about opening her like a present. What distinguishes those for whom it would be incest is that they would not, given the opportunity, actually DO it. (Or so one would hope.)

And if you think that's not true, all I can say is that you have no hot sisters or cousins. I do, and I can assure you that I have most certainly THOUGHT about it. I just haven't DONE it. </EMBED>

Quote:
Sex is the most fun you can have without laughing. - Woody Allen
I always laugh . . .

(OK that was too much information. I'll shut up now.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I said any straight male could not help THINKING about opening her like a present. What distinguishes those for whom it would be incest is that they would not, given the opportunity, actually DO it. (Or so one would hope.)

And if you think that's not true, all I can say is that you have no hot sisters or cousins. I do, and I can assure you that I have most certainly THOUGHT about it. I just haven't DONE it. </EMBED>

...wait, what?

Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
...wait, what?
The man said what he said. Get over it people.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Question Keeping it in the family

Quote:

...(OK that was too much information. I'll shut up now.)
I dedicate the following video to the... "thinking man"?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gk3Dt9HVDac?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm glad I have all you Talmudic scholars here to ponder difficult questions! I've always wondered: If you're a Siamese twin and you masturbate, have you committed incest? Also, does that mean you are gay? (P.S. I'm not a Siamese twin and I'm, um, just asking for a friend, yes, that's it, a friend who wants to know...)

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-23-2011 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: add funny video
Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

I think she's (just fully dressed up) one of the most sexy person I've seen ever.
This pics are really safety, probably for my desire I've ever had to see more , but certainly them sign a change of direction(no more the prudish old things we know).

It's like to say"I'm a woman ok? not a young girl!!!!..."

So I'm very curious to look what happen in future...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
I think she's (just fully dressed up) one of the most sexy person I've seen ever.

It's like to say"I'm a woman ok? not a young girl!!!!..."

yes... like another woman we know...
Old 03-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

yes... like another woman we know...
Um.. who is that other woman? Not Mylene is it?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:35 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Um.. who is that other woman? Not Mylene is it?
Yep it is!