Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Let us know how you want to be paid

Who, what, where, when why (?) and how!

Thanks!

Ed
yeah, second that

and Scruff,
Thanks ur the best

Last edited by paintballpdh19; 03-17-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Old 03-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
I was just wondering how popular Lilly is in Canada. Since French is the second most popular language in Canada, she must have a strong fan base there, specially in Quebec.
Unfortunately, no. In my experience, about 99% of the music played in clubs and on the radio in Montreal is American top 40. What little French music I've heard has mostly been from French-Canadian artists like Celine Dion and Roch Voisine. Mylene gets played a little here and there--she was born here, so she counts as French Canadian as far as Canadian Content rules go--but in all the times I've visited my sister in Quebec over the past two years, I've only heard Alizée on the radio once, and it was Moi...Lolita. And I've had much better luck finding Lili's first two albums at stores in Toronto than I have in Montreal.

I also get the sense that the few Quebecois who do know of her don't think very highly of her--wearing my Alizée cap around downtown Montreal netted me a few dirty looks. I'll have to try it again with an AAm shirt this summer and see what kind of reaction I get.

Quote:
On a different note, how bleak are the chances of a concert in Canada? That will be much easier for most of us to attend
Given her relative obscurity here, I'd say it's doubtful.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 03-17-2010 at 01:24 AM..
Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Post Miscellany: Folder design, San Fran interview, diplomacy

1. I second Jalen's first choice, the BLACK cover. But the text should be <i>en français s'il vous plaît</i>! "Open letter" is indeed descriptive, but it seems like an idiom all the same. Deep, does your Parisian pal know the French equivalent? Maybe something with cheese? <G>

2. Great work on the San Fran radio station. It would be strange if Aline did not know the #1 French female recording artist of 2001. (Was her name really [outer space] alien? <G>) She may be playing a bit coy to get you to make arrangements which would be lots of work for her and may prove impossible at that. As for physically visiting the Bay Area, who needs to do so? People have done telephone interviews on TV and radio for DECADES, and in the age of Skype <i>et alia</i> one can even get high quality sound and "body French" for free if the service feels like behaving itself. (I've had disappointments over the years.)

3. Thanks for the applause for the "ambassador" idea, guys. Scruff, I don't think it would be THAT weird if you DID put on a tux with tails and a sash. I don't think it would scare the Corsican girl - not even "a little bit." (I'll leave it at that, LOL!) Should French TV shoot there, they might even feature you in any short clip they produce and air. In any case, were I Alizée, I suspect I would not be so jaded yet that I would not react with some kindly amusement at the gesture. And as a visual mnemonic, it would also make it harder for her to forget the Open Letter which will get stashed in a bag with a bunch of other stuff.

If you <i>really</i> want to go over the top, though, you might ask Her Grace to have "her ministers" weigh giving Alizée America "diplomatic recognition." Mention that previously we would <i>not</i> have asked, but at long last the Web auditor Alexa <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=154177&postcount=16">reports</a> a double-digit percentage of her official Web site traffic comes from the USA, exceeded only by that from France and Mexico.

The <i>Wikipedia</i> article on <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_(diplomacy)">diplomatic protocol</a> includes several links, including to <a href="http://www.ediplomat.com"><i>eDiplomat</i></a>, which features guidelines for attire.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-17-2010 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: add diplomatic protocol notes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear your passport came through on time Scruffydog!
I cannot wait until you return with all the great news to follow you.
Enjoy the trip.
Stephen
Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

"Open letter" = "lettre ouverte" -- literal translation seems to work.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 AM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Wonder if the SE pre-order will arrive before that date, or on the day itself,

then maybe i'll go, its 'only' a 4 hour drive
Old 03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB View Post
Wonder if the SE pre-order will arrive before that date, or on the day itself,

then maybe i'll go, its 'only' a 4 hour drive
Its a 4 hour drive from here to New York (more or less) and I would go there at any opportunity whether Lilly is there or not lol. I think you should take advantage of your relative proximity, there probably won't be another one of these till the next album release, which I assume will be in another 2-3 years
Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Well it was a long difficult morning after work, trying to find a presentation folder, decent enough for the task at hand. Didn't have much luck. Stopped at a store that dealt in leather goods along those lines, but it would of cost about $200.00 when you include the printing on the cover. In the end, I found one that will do if I can't find anything else tomorrow.

One thought that came to mind is Roman gave me a phrase in French to say to Alizée basicly saying we're with Alizée America, please look at the camera and say hello to the fans from the Alizée America forum. Well when you get to the end of the line waiting for your turn to see her, it's about 15 to 20 feet away from her. They tell you at that point, no more pictures. If they see me raising up a camera, the security people might have a problem with it. Now if everyone spoke English, the situation could be easily explained, but if Alizée doesn't quite understand what we're doing it couold be a problem. Hopefully she will understand and call of the dogs if they start barking.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Hey folks . Sorry that it's been nearly a year since i last posted ( real life sort of came crashing in a fair bit) but i've been keeping up-to-date as much as i can on all things Alizée ( i've pre-ordered the limited ed. UEDS too ).

The reason i'm posting this here is that i've got some work that will be taking me to Paris during the time of the autograph session and i hope ( although i can't be certain ) to attend. I think it's great what you are planning to do Scruffydog and i would like to definitely offer my support but as i don't know for sure whether i can make it i don't want to make any promises ( so please no pm's for album signings ). It just depends on how quickly i can finish what i need to do. Fingers crossed.

And finally , hello to anyone who may remember me
Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well it was a long difficult morning after work, trying to find a presentation folder, decent enough for the task at hand. Didn't have much luck. Stopped at a store that dealt in leather goods along those lines, but it would of cost about $200.00 when you include the printing on the cover. In the end, I found one that will do if I can't find anything else tomorrow.

One thought that came to mind is Roman gave me a phrase in French to say to Alizée basicly saying we're with Alizée America, please look at the camera and say hello to the fans from the Alizée America forum. Well when you get to the end of the line waiting for your turn to see her, it's about 15 to 20 feet away from her. They tell you at that point, no more pictures. If they see me raising up a camera, the security people might have a problem with it. Now if everyone spoke English, the situation could be easily explained, but if Alizée doesn't quite understand what we're doing it couold be a problem. Hopefully she will understand and call of the dogs if they start barking.
Scrufy, you're awesome for doing this for the forum. As well as the autographs for some of us.