Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

good luck to those two.

I can't enter because

- there's no logistical way I can go to France within a day
- ^thus, the two people are probably going to be French citizens
- I hate registering on websites for stuff like this.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

I can't enter because:

- I can go to France within a day, but it would probably cost a lot of cash
- ^thus, the two people are probably going to be French citizens
- I would register if I only was in France

I wish I can go, but till I won't be living in France it's impossible.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

So, this suggests that there will be like 4 people there? No. They must have chosen various other people. One thing that is realllly cool for the "inconditionnels" of Alizée is that it says she will sing a few songs. Yes, if that is the case, they are doing a much better job in some ways with her promotion this time around.

I can understand why they would only want locals for this, especially to at least only get people who speak French. It's kind of a drag if that is why they had to give only 2 days notice on this. Actually, I guess the date was known before hand if one pays enough attention to the forums, but it's kind of hard to be able to be available without even knowing if one can go. So, they sort of make this not such a big deal by just grabbing a few people at the last minute. Well, I am not sure why they'd want to do it that way, but whatever. I guess it is a little better than just having Julien choose 9 people or whatever it was last time. Either way, I guess they get only the most ardent local fans and that is what they want in this case.

Edit: @Deepwaters, I was just reading your post and I noticed a couple of interesting things. 1) digital is not as permanent as you might think. Already Alizée's old web sites are gone and it looks like no one made any copy of them or not in their entirety. While, booklets like ActuAlizée remain in decent condition in some places. So, while theoretically digital information can survive forever, it requires maintenance of a type that maybe was not required of printed or more physical media. Even as a matter of storage, physical media have certain advantages sometimes.

2) As for promotion, there is the concept of shared experience. Building up expectation and then releasing to everyone so that they can all share in an experience together can greatly enhance the experience. So, promotion of an album before releasing it in it's entirety makes a lot of sense. The only thing that doesn't really is releasing it to some people but not others because that encourages unauthorized sharing. I agree that the way to head off illegal copies and leaks and so forth is to just hold onto stuff until it's time to release it to everyone and then just make it available while noting that a physical CD or boxed set or whatever will be available whenever they can get it together (immediately through some channels perhaps). This thing of making her single available to some people a day or two early was ok. Even if the nearly immediate sharing was inevitable, it was worth a shot. It was a nice gesture anyway. So, I give exception to stuff like that.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-23-2010 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: add comments
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road
Default What is this with French people?

I just came across this post by a fan Ricky83 on alizee-forum and found it very depressing. He posted some of the twiiter comments in response to Lilly's new album. Some of you might also have read these comments:

- The album is a shit
- Please stop Alizée, we don't want to hear you
- This seems some opening theme of japanese cartoons from 80s, but even more shitty
- Alizée has no talent, please do not let her public more albums
- She's nothing but a nice face
- This album makes me sleep, we want more rithmyc music like Lady Gaga
- This is the worst thing I've ever heard of
- Please bring her back to Mylène

Though these comments do not indicate that all the French people did not like the new album but still I felt very sad to read such comments about Lilly. Why don't French people stop seeing her through Lolita glasses. Seriously, please give the little girl a fair chance. And common, Lady Gaga and rhythmic music (my personal opinion, obviously)

I must say, to me, it seems that it might be a difficult situation for Lilly in France
Old 03-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
I just came across this post by a fan Ricky83 on alizee-forum and found it very depressing. He posted some of the twiiter comments in response to Lilly's new album. Some of you might also have read these comments:

- The album is a shit
- This seems some opening theme of japanese cartoons from 80s, but even more shitty

Though these comments do not indicate that all the French people did not like the new album but still I felt very sad to read such comments about Lilly. Why don't French people stop seeing her through Lolita glasses. Seriously, please give the little girl a fair chance. And common, Lady Gaga and rhythmic music (my personal opinion, obviously)

I must say, to me, it seems that it might be a difficult situation for Lilly in France
Seems like just another ass with a mental problem that makes them stir up shit on the internet to make them feel important or even recognized by any form of society.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post

- The album is a shit

This album is awesome.
Someone should stop this guy from posting him from posting such comments
Alizée is talented. No discussion on that.
If album makes you sleep then you should go to the doctor.
Never compare artists. Everyone has it's own style.
And yes they certainly need a good director like Mylene, agree on that.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think UEDS is a very good album too. It just seems that some of the French public are being very stubborn about accepting Alizée as she is now. It's very frustrating. If I have my information correct, it seems "Les Collines" is not selling on French iTunes as well as MJ did when it came out. However, I think it's been doing quite well in Mexico. If somebody has accurate information on this, please post it.

And as far as the Mylene days go, I loved that period and I like a lot of Mylene's work, but I am really tired of every interviewer thinking they need to revisit that whole subject with Alizée. I wish they could accept that the Mylene era is over. We can still enjoy it whenever we want to by simply listening to a CD or watching a video. It will always be with us. But it's time to let Alizée be Alizée. And I for one, really like Alizée as she is now.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:20 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If I have my information correct, it seems "Les Collines" is not selling on French iTunes as well as MJ did when it came out.
That is what makes me sad. Psych was not that successful in France and we see that this album is very low budget. I am afraid that if UEDS also fails commercially in France...well I will rather not say such things
Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Seems like just another ass with a mental problem that makes them stir up shit on the internet to make them feel important or even recognized by any form of society.
or they just felt the album was shitty...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

It is what it is. Alizée had her chances in France. If people don't like her singing or music, they just don't.

I thought ALM (Alizée, Laurent, Mylène) was the greatest thing since God created woman (rhetorically speaking) and still think so much of that is really great--the music, the persona. It was great music (listen to the Gourmandises "Les Baisers Dance Remix" for an example of a really kick ass remix) and great fun, but they broke up 6 years ago. It was always a bit of fantasy and Alizée is now 25.

I thought it was kind of cool to have what seemed like a more candid than ever before talk in Technikart about it, but yeah, if people are just going to ask her, "so, what's up with working with Mylène?" then I think they really shouldn't bother. I find the questions about her more recent work experience more interesting. I would still like to know more about the creation process and anything else she does, learn how all of this works. And, some people seem to like Château Marmont and find the new music interesting and exciting.

Maybe I'm the last one who should give this advice, but it seems to me that Alizée has done as well as she can. I think she's kind of a special case in the world of music. How then can one expect anything in particular? It behooves you to attempt to just accept it and not get hung up on successes or opinions. Enjoy what you can right now.

Merci Fanny

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont