Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Ok, doc, who is melissa mars? I mean, I know she is, but where has she invaded this site? I have not seen her mentioned, except by fall. He said she was good, but I have not had good enough signal since to go to youtube and hear her.maybe she is good, maybe she isn't. But is it really that bad? I would rather this site stay dedicated to Alizée (with the few off topic threads to keep it interesting), obviously that is the point of it. But this Melissa Mars, she shouldn't be a primary topic, but if fans of hers are here, are they not as entitled to a thread for her as Soshi fans are entitled to a thread for those girls? I admit, I do not often discuss non-Alizée topics here, and am surprised at how many people here are dedicated vistors/posters, but do not actually seem to be fans of Alizée. Why is this mars so terrible? I have never even seen a post about her at all!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I like Melissa Mars, very much. I like her music and her style, and I'm good friends with some of her most dedicated fans, seeing as how I'm a fan as well. The same goes with Soshi aka SNSD. Yes, there are several members here who no longer care about Alizée, and are much more interested in these or other musical acts. This doesn't bother me in any way, and it shouldn't bother anybody either. The thing is, I like Alizée a whole lot more. So do most members of this forum. That should not bother the non-Alizée fans.

But since conflict seems to be part of human nature, we've witnessed a few arguments here and there. Sadly, I've seen videos posted on youtube that make fun of these other groups, saying that Alizée is much better. We can't really prove that though can we? We don't know everything about them. I suggest taking the time to listen to the music, you will either like it or you won't. If you like it, you know what to do. If you don't, play something else and get over it, geez.

People have said that Alizée sucks because all she does is sing and lets the rest be taken care of. I don't think we can really take away from Alizée just because she doesn't do this. For example, the Jackson 5 didn't write or compose a single song they sang, (Motown didn't allow them to) so does that mean that they shouldn't be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Some people write lyrics, some make music, some sing, and some do all of them.

The whole point here is that everybody has their tastes, and not everybody is going to agree. That's fine, but name calling and constant b*tching about who is better won't make the other guy a fan, which is what we all really want. More people to share good music with.

I suggest everybody take a look at themselves and make a change, starting with the man in the mirror

Last edited by Fall; 04-07-2010 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM

Good point, fall. Though, I am content with myself, and don't feel I have the need to make some sort of change. If you thnk of something I need to change, then by all means, point it out. Ibhave never argued with anybody on this site. Even through the business that happened with af (ben knows what, and when he was here, plaz did), I sat back and accepted it with a smile on my face. I am on quite good terms with a major member of af, orion. I have never criticized anybody here for being a bigger fan of someone else. I am on quite good terms with djwise, who is an avid soshi fan, and rarely posts in regards to Alizée. I don't care who you are more a fan of. I happen to be a person who (so far, and hopefully for quite some time to come) is a rock steady fan of Alizée. I can't see myself leaving anytime soon, or later for that matter. There are plenty of people who have passed through this forum, and many more will. In a year, I would not be surprised if jalen and wasabi are gone. To be continued.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Good point, fall. Though, I am content with myself, and don't feel I have the need to make some sort of change. If you thnk of something I need to change, then by all means, point it out. Ibhave never argued with anybody on this site. Even through the business that happened with af (ben knows what, and when he was here, plaz did), I sat back and accepted it with a smile on my face. I am on quite good terms with a major member of af, orion. I have never criticized anybody here for being a bigger fan of someone else. I am on quite good terms with djwise, who is an avid soshi fan, and rarely posts in regards to Alizée. I don't care who you are more a fan of. I happen to be a person who (so far, and hopefully for quite some time to come) is a rock steady fan of Alizée. I can't see myself leaving anytime soon, or later for that matter. There are plenty of people who have passed through this forum, and many more will. In a year, I would not be surprised if jalen and wasabi are gone. To be continued.
What is this? Is this a subtle(not really) sign that you want us gone?

Old 04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Well the last bit was just paraphrased song lyrics courtesy of your friendly neighborhood MJ fan
And also my post wasn't directed at anybody specifically
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM

They have been here for a year, and from readng through old posts, two years seems the typical maximum the average user stays. I don't doubt they are fans. But they are just as much fans of hers as these previous most active users. I am not challenging you guys. If you have to petend you are fans just to try to prove me wrong, then you aren't a true fan. However, for me, I hope to be here for every new album. To make a favorites poll for each. To see all the new obscure references people make for the 'know you're a fan' thread. To see each year's 'newest Alizée pictures' thread. To be here when she finally breaks into America. I have already missed nearly ten years of this amazing woman's career, I can't imagine missing anything else. If you aren't a fan of Alizée, then you aren't. I don't mind. Be who you are. But leave not-Alizée out, unless it is relevant. That picture of Jenifer recently posted was relevant. That is fine. But don't invade Alizée centered threads. There is an off-topic forum, use it!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Brent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
(Sigh.)

Wasabi, here's the only advice I can give you at this point.

Get a girlfriend. Listen to what she tells you. Try to understand it. Especially, try to understand why when she gets mad.

There might be a shortcut if you have a big sister or an older cousin, or can talk about such things with your mother. (That last is unlikely, I realize.) Ask some older girl how she would react if you got hold of a picture of her, say in her underwear, and posted it on the internet with a nasty little caption. The answer might be very enlightening. (But if I may offer another suggestion, make sure you're talking to her on the phone, not in person, or at least that she isn't carrying anything that could serve as a weapon.)

Hollister, you may be right that a lot of the balance among U.S. Alizée fans is due to the fact that initially people would be attracted to her for her looks, and only afterwards for the music, because she sings in French. It may be that UEDS will change that.

I still think that the locker-room atmosphere that sometimes shows up here makes it worse though.

No, I didn't. But at this point I don't know how to explain the difference between something she's doing on purpose and something that was a mistake. All kinds of phrases come to mind: "Catching someone with their pants down." "She bent over and we caught a panty shot." "Her boobs fell right out of her dress."

The key about all this is that it's catching someone in something they didn't intend to happen. It's against their will. It's like the difference between seducing a woman and raping her. (Although of course I'm not saying it's anything like as serious as rape.)

It lacks respect. That's what I mean.
to each their own. its instinct for a man to be attracted to a woman physically and vice versa. we are on a forum, not in their face.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 PM

Yes, a man is typically attracted to a woman. But that is not always the instigator.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
to each their own. its instinct for a man to be attracted to a woman physically and vice versa. we are on a forum, not in their face.
Not only is it a forum, it's the internet.
Sure there are liars, but personalities often show brightest when veiled by a shield of cyberspace.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Attraction is not the point. Why is it so hard to understand this? Can't you see the difference between walking up to a woman, smiling at her, and telling her she's beautiful and you'd like to get to know her better -- and walking up to the same woman and grabbing her boobs? The one is respectful and flattering, the other disrespectful and insulting.

Even though we are on a forum and so nobody can grab someone's boobs, you can still express attraction in ways that are respectful and flattering, or in ways that are disrespectful and insulting.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Tags
demographics, female, friendly, gap, gender