Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-08-2010, 03:10 PM

johnsons34 is on a distinguished road

haha I would totally do it, but does it mean I have to go to france? will they pay? hahah

BUT, aren't they going to pick a fan? Would they actually pick someone from the US?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Deep, this is not a typical fan setting. Remember, Jessica was friends with Alizée long enough to attend the pre-release thing for Psych? This is the best opportunity for what you hope! And I would not be surprised, were she to come here for an American fan. It would be a great way to break into America! Also, could someone nominate me? I know I am going to nominate Scruffy!
Good idea VVV!!! Well I guess someone may nominate you and you will never come to know who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons34 View Post
haha I would totally do it, but does it mean I have to go to france? will they pay? hahah

BUT, aren't they going to pick a fan? Would they actually pick someone from the US?
There is no information about that. But we expect that fans would be chosen from France only.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Deep, this is not a typical fan setting.
No, it's WORSE!

Actually, I suggest that anyone from this country hoping to be chosen keep your shirt on. It's a French TV program, so just about guaranteed it will have to be shot in a French-speaking area, which means probably France. Maybe Quebec. Certainly not the U.S., or Mexico either.

About Jessica: that friendship didn't work out. Alizée cut contact with her eventually. The story about how she had to change her phone number -- well, probably that's true, but if she had wanted to stay in contact with Jessica she would have given her the new phone number. She didn't -- therefore she didn't.

And it's perfectly understandable. Jessica was obsessed with Alizée to an unhealthy degree. Copying her hairstyle, copying her facial expressions, buying every disc ever produced including foreign editions and remixes, it was just nutso. Personal contact between them reinforced that obsession. I think Alizée came to realize she was doing the poor girl no good and cut it off, letting Jessica find her own identity. Today, Jessica seems less obsessed than when she was a teenager, and maybe their friendship has been renewed. Or maybe not. Either way, it's NOT part of Alizée's public life, and it should not be. We don't know. We won't know. We shouldn't know.

Which is kind of the point. If I ever do meet her, it will be in a way that nobody here will ever know about. I won't talk about it on this forum, it will not be on camera, it will not be part of a PR thing or a promotion for her career, and CERTAINLY not on freakin' TELEVISION!!!!

Anyway I probably shouldn't worry about it, because as I said it will certainly be in a French-speaking area, and in any case the show will certainly want someone younger (although maybe not a kid this time, we'll see). (And -- ahem -- probably female. Just sayin'.) I think I'm a little paranoid, because I specifically told Scruffy to add me to the autograph list only if he couldn't get 50 other people, he put me on anyway, and Her Grace signed my name twice. Godalmighty. LOL this kind of thing happens to me.

Only this time it better not. Really. I mean it. I'm not kidding.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Ok, well, you have a good point about Jessica. But where have you found recent (after the Psych thing) info about her? Also, really, I would love the chance to have a personal friendship with Alizée the way you describe it. That COULD BE the most amazing thing ever. But, as it is a 99.999% chance that will NEVER happen, I do not kid myself by thinking about it. Instead, I look at things like this SAD show as the closest I could be to her friend. I (like most people on earth) was unlucky enough to not be born as somebody close to this spectacular woman. I couldn't hope for a true, candid friendship with her, because I look at it as realistically as possible. I don't feign optimism. They may chooe an American fan, but probably not. But how stupid would I feel were I to have never entered, and they did choose an American? Tbc

Edit:

I know that I can never be her true friend. I accept that. But if I could meet her, and spend one day with her, it would make me happy. I don't want her to come to my house and feel obliged to be all buddy buddy with me. If she came here, she would be welcomed as a guest. If she felt we connected amicably, then maybe we could be friends to some degree. But simply for the fact she is a celebrity, that friendship could never be more than maybe pen pals. I would not ask for her phone or address. I can think of no worse way to drive her away than by doing that. But I would not refuse it, either, were she to offer. But I would not gve it to anybody here. Or anywhere. I would even try to hide it from the SAD people. Not like how everyone knew Jessica had her number. In fact, I would prefer her address (e-mail), simply because I hate talking on the phone. It would wind up that we would never actually talk, and would part ways very early.

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 04-08-2010 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, well, you have a good point about Jessica. But where have you found recent (after the Psych thing) info about her?
Nothing since then. I just saw from the pictures at that time that the hairstyle, the way she was dressed, Jessica was herself and not imitation Alizée. So obviously she's not as obsessed as before. But still a fan, hence her invitation to that event. I have no knowledge whatever that their friendship has been renewed, I'm just saying that if Alizée wanted to I would see no barrier at this point.

Quote:
Instead, I look at things like this SAD show as the closest I could be to her friend.
But it's not close enough, no substitute, and not something I'd be interested in. Really, as a fan, I need very little from her: just good music, and a chance to someday see her in concert. I don't need her autograph, I don't need to meet her in person as a fan, nothing like that has any appeal for me.

My personal connection with her, my feeling of friendship, is something I keep separate from my association with her as a fan. And something like this TV show is a fan thing, not a friend thing. As a friend, I'd just roll my eyes at it. As a fan, it's not something I need. From both sides of myself -- no. Just no.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Ok, then we are just two different fans with different points of view. To each his own, and may you fnd what you seek.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM

johnsons34 is on a distinguished road

Jessica has been dating a musician too. She found her own Jeremy.

ahahaha
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
!!!!!!!!
You don't think the production company would fork up enough to fly Alizée and the crew to the states, do you?
you never kno
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

This is awesome news; I can't wait to see it!

I agree that any American fan is extremely unlikely, I could maybe see a Mexican fan, but I also consider that unlikely. The main problem is that the "mark" almost certainly needs to speak french so that he/she can do the interviews in front of the audience as part of the show, and that the meeting with Alizée can appear as natural as possible without need of an interpreter. Not that it would be an absolute requirement, it could be made to work otherwise, I just don't see it happening for a non-french-speaking "mark."
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
A good reason not to release any photos of myself until after this is over, so there's no way anyone can submit me.

I'd love to meet Alizée, but not in a fan setting and DEFINITELY not on worldwide TV. No. Freakin'. Way.

Of course I realize some others may feel differently, so go for it.
What? You're not a dragon?