Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your favorite song from Mes Courants Elecriques?
J'en Ai Marre ! 18 22.50%
A Contre-Courant 27 33.75%
Toc De Mac 6 7.50%
Amelie M'a Dit 5 6.25%
C'est Trop Tard 0 0%
Tempete 0 0%
J'ai Pas Vingt Ans ! 12 15.00%
Hey ! Amigo ! 6 7.50%
L'e-mail A Des Ailes 3 3.75%
Youpidou 1 1.25%
Coeur Deja Pris 2 2.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2010, 06:19 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

JPVA.... obviously
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

JPVA !!!

But Amelie, Youpidoo, JEM, ACC are also close...
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

L'e-mail A Des Ailes...

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.pbsrc.com/flash/input.swf" style="" id="IMGTag-code" bgcolor="transparent" quality="high" name="IMGTag-code" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="ipt=%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fi216.photobuc ket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc218%2FJessLab_bucket%2FAlizeL e-mail-1.jpg%5B%2FIMG%5D&trk=image_code_click_FULLVIEW_IM G&width=175&height=21&color=#000000&border=#BDBDBD &cont=IMGTagContainer" height="21" width="175">

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I went with J'ai Pas Vingt Ans !
Lyrically it may not be the best song on the album. I wouldn't know for sure because I'm not sure if I've every read a full, well-done, translation (if I have I've forgotten most of it, although I do know the gist of the song's meaning). I'm not sure I will until, hopefully, I learn french well enough to just listen to it in the original and comprehend. I truly discovered Alizée with a JPVA compilation. There's a part of the movie The Shawshank Redemption where Red describes hearing two italian singers singing a beautiful song over the loud speaker. He describes just hearing the beauty of their voices but not understanding the words, and how that allowed him to imagine that they were singing about something just as beautiful and mysterious as their voices sounded. Discovering, seeing, hearing Alizée with JPVA for the first time was much the same experience; the beauty and the mystery captivated me. And I'm not entirely keen on dispelling the mystery. I still love the energy of the music in JPVA; but it remains my favorite for largely sentimental reasons.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:43 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I went with J'ai Pas Vingt Ans !
Lyrically it may not be the best song on the album. I wouldn't know for sure because I'm not sure if I've every read a full, well-done, translation (if I have I've forgotten most of it, although I do know the gist of the song's meaning). I'm not sure I will until, hopefully, I learn french well enough to just listen to it in the original and comprehend. I truly discovered Alizée with a JPVA compilation. There's a part of the movie The Shawshank Redemption where Red describes hearing two italian singers singing a beautiful song over the loud speaker. He describes just hearing the beauty of their voices but not understanding the words, and how that allowed him to imagine that they were singing about something just as beautiful and mysterious as their voices sounded. Discovering, seeing, hearing Alizée with JPVA for the first time was much the same experience; the beauty and the mystery captivated me. And I'm not entirely keen on dispelling the mystery. I still love the energy of the music in JPVA; but it remains my favorite for largely sentimental reasons.

I feel the same way about JPVA - a favorite for me for "sentimental reasons" as you've said. It marked a beginning of a new way of looking at life for me. Personally, JPVA tells me to just live life without worrying about every little problem that pops up. It just makes me appreciate things more. This is hard for me to articulate, but that's the gist of it.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 AM

thekidEm is on a distinguished road

i can't choose. I love every song on this album in the beginning, i didn't really like youpidoo, but after watching the En Concert performance the song is now growing on me
Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidEm View Post
i can't choose. I love every song on this album in the beginning, i didn't really like youpidoo, but after watching the En Concert performance the song is now growing on me
Definitely. Youpidoo is one of those songs that only Lilly can pull off. Can you imagine someone else performing that? I would just laugh. It just requires a level of cuteness that only Lilly has.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Youpidou is definitely an Alizée-only song. Well, all of her songs are! Especially the English version's little 'mon chou-chou' laugh, awesome!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Bumping so new members can vote...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

hey amigo!....J'en Ai Marre ! ....A Contre-Courant ..............Toc De Mac .......Amelie M'a Dit ......C'est Trop Tard ........Tempete .......J'ai Pas Vingt Ans !.........Youpidou .......all r d best..........2 choose one is impossible for me.........actually d whole album was rocking n d best till date........