Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well thanks to all for all the ideas and intrepretations. I guess now it's just comes down to delivering the message. As far as posting it to her facebook wall, are there size limitations on a wall message? Then there's the question of how to sign it. I'm sure Scruffydog wouldn't mean a thing to her. Maybe Alizée America and their Ambassador, or the Ambassador of Alizée America. I'll try and do some research on the size limitation. Of course I might be in France the middle of next month, maybe I could hand deliver it. Just kidding, only one dream come true per life time and I had mine last month.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I might be in France the middle of next month, maybe I could hand deliver it. Just kidding, only one dream come true per life time and I had mine last month.

You lucky dog!!!

Postscript: too bad I couldn't go with you on your trip to Paris, I was on a trip of my own down to the SXSW Music Festival in Austin, Texas. Went specifically to get autographs myself, about eighteen items (inserts of CDs, DVDs, Singles, etc.) of another group I follow, Amaral from Spain. This at the Ginger Man's Pub this past 19th and 20th of March. Met them on the sidewalk about a couple hours before their friday performance, conversed with them: 'con permiso, su autografo, por favor.' Shook hands with both and attended both concerts. Saturday nite I stood about ten feet from the stage the entire time and completely free. [Really amazing since they generally seem to perform before 18,000 crowds in Spain and South America. From what I can tell from their DVDs.] Although it was outside at ten at nite and about mid thirties in temp with a brisk wind outside the backyard enclosure. Just couldn't pass it up although it meant about a 3,200 mile round trip driving from where I live and about seven to eight days on the road. Getting to see Alizée and getting an autograph definitely ranks up there as an equivalent for sure, tough to decide, but for me I had a somewhat similiar occurrence. Too bad I couldn't be in two places at once, damn.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Sounds like you had a good time Griz. Cold, but good.

According to wikipedia, wall messages that you post on a freinds wall are limited to 1,000 characters. I used a program I found on line to count the ones in Bigdan's interpretation and it looks like it 870, so no problem there. We just have to come up with an appropriate signature.

http://allworldphone.com/count-words-characters.htm
Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

What about "Scruffy(or Dave), on behalf of Alizee America".
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Or 'Dave, the luckiest guy ever, and his pathetically hopeful friends at Alizée America!' Lol kidding, but really, your name, like 'Dave, ambassidor of Alizée America, and all the members thereof'?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Well the name Scruffy or Dave might be meaningless to her. If I had to pick one, I'd actually choose Scruffydog. If she knew what it meant, she might get a kick out of it. Otherwise I think I would just put Your humble Ambassador of Alizée America.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Well thanks to all for all the ideas and intrepretations. I guess now it's just comes down to delivering the message. As far as posting it to her facebook wall, are there size limitations on a wall message? Then there's the question of how to sign it. I'm sure Scruffydog wouldn't mean a thing to her. Maybe Alizée America and their Ambassador, or the Ambassador of Alizée America. I'll try and do some research on the size limitation. Of course I might be in France the middle of next month, maybe I could hand deliver it. Just kidding, only one dream come true per life time and I had mine last month.

If you post the message on her fb wall then there is one thing to notice. Fb doesn't show full message at the wall. It will show first few lines and then there will be a link "See more", when you click that, then you can see the full message. I don't sure how it matters, but I still brought this to the attention in case if it matters. This always makes first few lines important because after reading those few lines, the user may or may not get tempted to see the full message. Sometime people ignore the full message after seeing starting lines and sometimes they read the full message when it seems important or interesting. That's what I have observed with fb users. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of fb user, Alizée is.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like you had a good time Griz. Cold, but good.

According to wikipedia, wall messages that you post on a freinds wall are limited to 1,000 characters. I used a program I found on line to count the ones in Bigdan's interpretation and it looks like it 870, so no problem there. We just have to come up with an appropriate signature.

http://allworldphone.com/count-words-characters.htm
You could just use MS Word, instead.

In 2007, >> http://geekyninja.com/wp-content/upl.../paracount.jpg
or there's a count on the lower left >> http://blogmines.com/blog/images/upl.../08/image5.png

2003, Tools menu, click Word Count.

Although I like the site's 3D tool a bit,

Old 04-25-2010, 03:01 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Has anyone offered the thought that perhaps Alizée was thanking US (Alizée America) for it's loyalty over the years (and, along with that, hoping that the loyalty will continue into the future).

Do we really need to thank someone for thanking us?

That being said, I do like the note Scruffy is putting together.

I would also like to suggest another action.
Specifically, it would be nice if the top left corner of the picture of her signing album covers on this site's home page was modified to say "Thank You Alizée." This way, whenever she visits the site (and I am sure she does), she immediately sees the "thank you."

Simple and effective.

What do you think?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:36 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Good idea, rev. You should talk to ben about it!