Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

We need to contact them asap. The school needs notification so they don't get caught off guard and ignore it.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:23 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I, too, think that keeping Alizee herself out of this offers slim to no chance of negative media for her. I don't think we even need to mention it to her. That would sound like we are screaming for attention. Let the school decide if they want to notify her. Keeping it simple will put it into action the quickest.
Discuss the name, collect the pledges, contact the school so they are aware it is coming and to start a dialog, they can decide who receives it, and send it.
Agreed. Let us not involve Alizee into this.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Gosh no don't let Alizee know, she will start to think we are just going a little creepo if we start trying to build up her hometown....The next thing you'll know is we will have a headquarters in Corsica and will be building houses and spreading Alizee around. Although I think 99.99% of people in Corsica are aware that they have a huge star that visits their city every month....
Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Game plan

I'm grateful some people are taking an interest in what we write here. But I'm not so lazy I would propose a scholarship to a school without looking up its fees. The first post in this thread links to my <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=162870&postcount=60">scholarship proposal</a>, which includes a list of the school fees and its remarks about Alizée.

I draw your attention to a new thread, whose initial post I have just updated, called <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=163555&postcount=1"><i>Corsica is the poorest part of France</i></a>. It serves to explain how hard it is to come by money in Corsica, and so how much a scholarship could do for a financially needy, talented student.

Again I remind us that for want of any legal obligation or auditing supervision of our donation to the school, all discussions of what it is called are entirely academic. We can't even expect a separate bank account will be created for so minor a sum. There's little point in arguing over the name of a nation that will never exist.
<big><big>
Let me outline the game plan:

Phase 1 (now): Irrespective of their wealth or experience, people who want to donate to the fund use their intelligence and imagination to offer and criticize suggestions, and freely express their sentiments. Since the Art Grant idea was voided, we invite people to (re)pledge (anonymously or not, as they like) to the Scholarship Fund. Donors are encouraged to establish a PayPal account at once for the ease, security and speed of donation payment. (A credit card is NOT needed; a debit card or even a bank account, will let you sign up for this tool, long used by millions of happy clients.) <b>I remind those who can only donate 5 Euros that only a few days remain to take advantage of generous <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=163455&postcount=3">offer</a> by MYGOGT to match the first 30 pledges of 5 Euros, thereby DOUBLING the value of your eventual donation.</b>

Phase 2: Payment of pledges is demanded. The names of, and amounts given by, donors are known only to Ben and his accountants, unless they request public acknowledgment. Donations are subject to a 10% service fee payable to Alizée America. <b>(Do any donors have a problem with this?)</b> A cover letter comprising a portion of a single page, signed by Ben alone, in the name of Alizée America, is written by a single person, either Ben or someone he appoints. The sentiments of contributors, as recorded here, inform the writer of the letter.

Phase 3. The fee -deducted donation is converted to Euros and delivered to the school, along with the cover letter, no later than the end of May. We demand nothing more of the school than simple delivery confirmation.

Phase 4. We listen for any further reaction from the school and issue a press release in mid-June to the French mass media, including that on Corsica, reporting the donation and advising of the anniversary it celebrates. The press release is also published on our Web site, tweeted from our Twitter account and linked+wall-posted on our Facebook page.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-15-2010 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: mend typo
Old 05-03-2010, 11:56 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
big><big>
Donations are subject to a 10% service fee payable to Alizée America. <b>(Do any donors have a problem with this?)</b>
Just in case there is an objection to this here is what I have to offer:
1. It looks like the 5 euro pledge with matching is not going to make the splash I had hoped for.
2. I have sent a proposal in to cover the 10% AA fee for the 1000 euros total pledge. I think the site fee would be fair and just.
3. All we need is 110 euros more pledged and the student scholarship is closer to reality.
4. I am leaving on a trip in a couple days and would like to have this scholarship be on a successful journey by then.
Thanks for the discussions and/or support you have shown.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Donations are subject to a 10% service fee payable to Alizée America. <b>(Do any donors have a problem with this?)</b>
Not at all. It's a great idea.

Quote:
Phase 4. We listen for any further reaction from the school and issue a press release in mid-May to the French mass media, including that on Corsica, reporting the donation and advising of the anniversary it celebrates. The press release is also published on our Web site, tweeted from our Twitter account and linked+wall-posted on our Facebook page.
I am still not sure about this. This may have negative implications too.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

There was a time when I'd easily and proudly promote Alizée wherever and maybe in zealous adoration would do something like that, but to attempt to make a "stunt" out of this kind of thing by "issuing a press release to the French mass media" just sounds a bit pretentious and makes me a bit uneasy. I thought we had established that. I would certainly specify, go ahead and tell whomever you want about it. But what does "issue a press release" even mean? Where's Ben's opinion here? I'm going to email him.

Sorry doc if I didn't read all of your previous posts and miss something, but can you blame me? How can I write my long-ass posts and read your's too?

By the way, currently the exchange is about: 1.3213 dollars to euro; so, while fees will bump that up a bit, I think it should be a bit better than what is posted in this poll. Ultimately, we do have to cover Ben for any fee issues; so it won't hurt to go over a bit with this thing (and we'll cover him in any case). We'll have to get Ben's opinion about how we should do this. Do a conversion to determine how much to send on a certain day (since the poll is actually in Euros)?

Merci Fanny
Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
There was a time when I'd easily and proudly promote Alizée wherever and maybe in zealous adoration would do something like that, but to attempt to make a "stunt" out of this kind of thing by "issuing a press release to the French mass media" just sounds a bit pretentious and makes me a bit uneasy.
Agreed completely. If it is a thank you, why show off to the whole world. I am sorry, but I do not want to be a part of any such thing. If you want to attract people's attention, there are much better ways to do that.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Sorry to be negative, but I also don't think this is the best way to show our gratitude or appreciation. As said before, that would best be done by investing our time (not money) in promoting Alizée in the United States, and by buying her merchandise / attending her concerts whenever possible.

You guys can do what you want on your own, but the forum cannot be involved in this. We don't solicte money. Collecting for the autographed CDs was a rare occurance. Our shop is handled by a third party. If you want to donate, then just donate, no need to put a "tax" on something else. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but this isn't the way.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Sorry to be negative, but I also don't think this is the best way to show our gratitude or appreciation. As said before, that would best be done by investing our time (not money) in promoting Alizée in the United Sates, and by buying her merchandise / attending her concerts whenever possible.

You guys can do what you want on your own, but the forum cannot be involved in this. We don't solicte money. Collecting for the autographed CDs was a rare occurance. Our shop is handled by a third party. If you want to donate, then just donate, no need to put a "tax" on something else. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but this isn't the way.
Thanks for putting our thoughts into words.