Old 05-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
hope is what is keeping us all going.
Best Post Evah!

I still don't know how/why/what happened to make me a fan of a young lady I will never meet, in a language I don't know and of music I don't normally listen to... Whatever!

I'm very happy listening to my downloaded (from the release announcement!) Une Enfant Du Siecle while I'm sitting at home after a long night in the ER. Just crazy.

Maybe a good place to ask some of our French members (or anyone else that might be aware):

What would be proper ettiquette if you saw a star like Alizée on the street? Is it considered appropriate to approach them and ask for an autograph/pic? Would it be intruding or (god forbid!) rude?

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 05-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

Maybe a good place to ask some of our French members (or anyone else that might be aware):

What would be proper ettiquette if you saw a star like Alizée on the street? Is it considered appropriate to approach them and ask for an autograph/pic? Would it be intruding or (god forbid!) rude?

Ed
That was my dilemna... And I choose ( did I?)to not bother her...
But i think that an américan fan can be more intruding, if you have the chance to see her walking in Paris. It's obvious that, coming from so far away, you can't refrain yourself from talking to her. And I'm pretty sure that if your asking politely she will be ok to take a photo with you...
Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
That was my dilemna... And I choose ( did I?)to not bother her...
But i think that an américan fan can be more intruding, if you have the chance to see her walking in Paris. It's obvious that, coming from so far away, you can't refrain yourself from talking to her. And I'm pretty sure that if your asking politely she will be ok to take a photo with you...
perhaps.. it really depends on the personality of said person. maybe alizee is like Lord Gold and Finntroll, where they'd let you get a photo out of the blue. given what we know, i'm sure she would
Old 05-23-2010, 06:35 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I'm pretty sure I heard Alizée say in a recent-ish interview that she's perfectly happy to sign autographs because she's not a universally recognisable figure and is pleased to be recognised by her fans when it happens. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, though.

But then there's this video
where she gets mobbed in Paris and has to take a diversion along with some of her crew. Although she smiles and waves, by the end I get the feeling that she's more than a little embarassed and flustered.

Judging by this, I think that as long as you're one lone fan who's polite and not forceful, introducing yourself to her before asking for an autograph/pic she'd be fine with it. But if, as Dan said, she was deep in conversation, then maybe he'd caught her at the wrong time and it was the best decision not to say anything to avoid a possible untimely interruption.

Last edited by babyblue558; 05-23-2010 at 06:43 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Judging by this, I think that as long as you're one lone fan who's polite and not forceful, introducing yourself to her before asking for an autograph/pic she'd be fine with it. But if, as Dan said, she was deep in conversation, then maybe he'd caught her at the wrong time and it was the best decision not to say anything to avoid a possible untimely interruption.
I agree, it really depends on a situation. It was good that you followed for a bit, I guess that allowed you to see if she was in "deep conversation" as BB said, or if she was just taking a stroll. Nobody likes being mobbed or having their Privacy invaded.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I agree, it really depends on a situation. It was good that you followed for a bit, I guess that allowed you to see if she was in "deep conversation" as BB said, or if she was just taking a stroll. Nobody likes being mobbed or having their Privacy invaded.
Having said that, I don't think Lili would have refused you an autograph if you'd asked politely, but that still doesn't make it the right decision. I know I would have rather gone autograph-free, than to get her autograph but have to live knowing that there's a chance I annoyed or embarassed her a tiny bit. Which would undoubtedly be one of the worst feelings.

... sooo that's some good decision-making under pressure there, Dan! Assuming you weren't just too scared to ask her. Tbh that's how I would make the choice in the end.

Last edited by babyblue558; 05-23-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
It's good to see your agree with my behaviour
I called this thread " you're going to hate me", not just about the fact that i'm now a lucky bastard , but also because i imagine people from the forum saying :" What?? you didn't talk to her?? Why don't you introduce yourself as a member of AAF ? and so on...

(What's really cool me down is that she was telling her friend something that she was upset about... )

Last edited by Bigdan; 05-23-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
(What's really cool me down is that she was telling her friend something that she was upset about... )
Ah, there, all non-French speaking fans and I might have made the mistake of asking for an autograph because of not being able to understand them. If I ever visit Paris, (which I not only intend to do, I would like to live there) I will try to hang out with all the fans there so that I don't get myself into trouble

(The movie Taken )
Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
If I ever visit Paris, (which I not only intend to do, I would like to live there) I will try to hang out with all the fans there so that I don't get myself into trouble

(The movie Taken )
ok, now could you believe me if I said that i have seen Liam Neeson coming in a Linas restaurant I was , just to buy some sandwiches at the period of the shooting ?
I discovered later that it was for Taken.
Like Alizee, nobody pay attention to him , just because they just couldn't imagine it was possible.

But the black limousine he get in at the exit confirm that I was right...

Last edited by Bigdan; 05-23-2010 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Never did I state anything I said was a fact, and I never said whether you would get tired of seeing her or not. Yet you have the nerve to say I contradicted myself over something I did not say.
LOL, you mad? Calm down, little guy. If you claim that what you say isn't fact either, then how does that make your OPINION any more solid than mine?

Quote:
A lot of people say that money will solve their problems, including you. I never said anything about myself, yet you decided to put words into my mouth again. You only think that money will solve your problems, and even if you happened to be right you still don't know since it hasn't happened. You also don't leave room for money creating new problems for you. Like I said, go watch those shows that are dedicated to people who thought that money would solve their problems. I'm not fabricating this.
You're basing this on "TV shows dedicated to showing how rich people have oh so many problems?" I'm loling. Very credible. And actually, if you look at the way our society is structured, you'll see that the majority of basic human needs can be satisfied through having enough money. Having money eliminates a lot of the worst problems one can encounter - living in a crappy neighborhood where you're constantly worrying about your safety, not having enough money for food, etc. The problems associated with having a lot of money are miniscule compared to not having enough money. Look at the bigger picture.

Edit:

Quote:
You just proved my point by what you said there. I said nearly the same thing before, but I'll say it in your words now. How can you be so certain that you wouldn't get tired of seeing her every day? Do you know her? Have you ever met her?
Actually, I was proving MY point. Re-read what you wrote in the original post and re-read what I wrote in response.

You: "You don't know her, never met her, never talked to her on the phone. You'd get sick of her if you saw her everyday."

Me: "How can you say with any certainty that I'd be sick of seeing her everyday? You don't know ME, never met ME, never talked to ME on the phone."

Last edited by Rictor; 05-23-2010 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts