Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I'm just glad that Alizée is not like Mylene.

Mylene seems to fail to notice(in my OPINION! ) that she's kind of passed that age into where just open sexiness is kind of gross, yet she still tries act like she did when she was younger.

Alizée though knows that her lolita days are long over, and has found a different style of maintaining that edginess. Kudos to her!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I'm just glad that Alizée is not like Mylene.

Mylene seems to fail to notice(in my OPINION! ) that she's kind of passed that age into where just open sexiness is kind of gross, yet she still tries act like she did when she was younger.
Haha I agree with you on that. When it's more artistic (if that makes sense) and she's trying convey a meaning (as in the Je Te Rends Ton Amour vid) I can see a point to it, but when it's (as you said) open, 'in your face' sexy for the sake of it, it's starting to fall flat. In my opinion she can still pull off 'sexy' but only when it's done more subtly than in a strip-tease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Alizée though knows that her lolita days are long over, and has found a different style of maintaining that edginess. Kudos to her!
That's one of the great things about Alizée. She's so young, yet has accomplished so much. Most artists only begin singing during their early/mid twenties, but Alizée has already put out 4 masterful albums! Who knows what there's still to come?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Alizée has the built in abilty to make ANY style her own. And I found one answer at the moment about why I am so crazy about this young French lady,,,,she has class and style. Something one is born with. No wonder Alizée has sought to reinvent her image hey. I would too. The only other style STARTER who had that built in ability ti reinvent herself Ive seen was Madonna. I think Madonna has had a lot of influence on Alizée myself.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Woh those comparisons on the front just turned me off even more from Mylene. Ugh Alizee pulls off those looks way better than Mylene for sure! But yeah I'm glad they split so Alizee could make her own style...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Woh those comparisons on the front just turned me off even more from Mylene. Ugh Alizee pulls off those looks way better than Mylene for sure! But yeah I'm glad they split so Alizee could make her own style...
Yeah for me, this is the only one that doesn't look out of place and bizarre on her:

Maybe it's because it's better disguised than the JPVA dress... that just looks wrong lol. It was definitely a good thing that they split when they did judging by just how much control Mylène had over her. Alright when she was a teenager, but I can imagine it got so so frustrating as she grew up.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

So the outfits were Mylène's, the songs were Mylène's, the choreography was Mylène's. I wonder if Alizée had any input whatsoever.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
So the outfits were Mylène's, the songs were Mylène's, the choreography was Mylène's. I wonder if Alizée had any input whatsoever.
Well Alizée's said before that she had long discussions with Mylène about her life, what she enjoys and her personality etc so that Mylène was able to write songs that related very closely to Alizée herself. But apart from that, I guess she had very little input and I imagine that's one of the main reasons she wanted to get away from it.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Mylène designed Alizée's choreographies... which I guess includes the JEAM dance.
Whoops I've just realised I was wrong there... Alizée's choreographies were done by someone called Valerie Bony. If you listen carefully at the end of ACC En Concert she says 'Merci à Valerie pour la choreographie!' However, Mylène did design the JEAM dress. If you look at the credits page in the MCE booklet it says 'Dress designed by M. Farmer'.

Last edited by babyblue558; 06-16-2010 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Mylene it seems discovered and groomed Alizée into the limelight. Mylene knows how to pick talent! I think Mylene did the best she could with what she had to work with. And I think Mylene has done a wonderful job. I have checked into Mylene, brilliant talent, and not afraid to back down, sorta like MADONNA is. And now comes the time when Alizée has blossomed into young adulthood, and she will begin to explore her own artistic talent. Who may know what kind of direction that may take??? As for me I cant wait. Madonna reinvented her image over and over and over and over. And when we see Alizée pull away from childhood stardom and invent her own body of art with her talent it is going to be massive!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Haha I agree with you on that. When it's more artistic (if that makes sense) and she's trying convey a meaning (as in the Je Te Rends Ton Amour vid) I can see a point to it, but when it's (as you said) open, 'in your face' sexy for the sake of it, it's starting to fall flat. In my opinion she can still pull off 'sexy' but only when it's done more subtly than in a strip-tease.
Hey, Mylène's striptease video is pretty darn sexy too. That was a few years back though. But even more recently, she was pretty good looking and sexy in the "Appelle mon numéro" video.
In any case, clothing or not, Alizée has always seemed very different from Mylène and yes, I think to a large degree that is simply due to her actual difference of personality, though also the difference in her voice meant that she couldn't sound like Mylène. I wish Alizée had been able to pull off management and success like Mylène did, but I am also glad that she didn't just become like Mylène. Though, frankly, Alizée seems in some ways more like Mylène now than she ever did. I guess she has become what is considered normal by expectations for an adult French woman, or something along those lines. She even sings more like Mylène, even if only a little bit.

Not afraid to back down?

Merci Fanny
Old 06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

the main thing that I don't like about Mylen is her very high squeeky voice when she talks. high squeeky voices really irritate me for some reason

other than that, I do like her songs and everything else you guys (positively) mentioned