Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road
Default Proposing to my girlfriend...

I've been with my girlfriend for awhile now, we've know each other since we were teenagers. I met her when I first moved to where I live now. We quickly became the best of friends we spent every second we could together. She was shy and quite and I was too. We shared mutual interest on in music and art. We where so much alike but also so different. She was this beautiful smart classy girl that came from a proper family and I was some rat from Baltimore. She was really shy and didn't talk much outside of a few people. This made her a target for some other girls and few douchebag guys to pick on her. I remember once she came to me crying cause some other guy started a horrible rumor about her. I remember confronting the guy and beating the holy hell out of him. Soon after that we began dating the first time. She was really quite about our relationship and never talked about it and neither did I. After a few months we decided we need to see other people because well we were in high school we needed see who else was out there. But after a few relationships with other people I just didnt feel anything for anyone but her. We started dating again and then I met her family and they didn't like me at first. As I said earlier to them I was as low as a rat. Then they she told them about the rumors and how I was always there for her and etc and the eventually started to like me. But after High School continued to date until again we broke up because we just needed sometime apart. After spending sometime alone I got a phone call from her she had moved out of the state for college she said "I'm done being alone I just want you." and I told her I wanted the same thing. We moved in together and its been awhile and well here we are now. She is my everything, I want to be with her forever. I never feel alone anymore. When we first met I was going through I rough part of my life, where I didn't trust anyone she made me open up and let the good things in life reflect my mood not the bad things. I want her to be there in everything I do. She is the one.

So currently she is away visiting family she will be gone for about a week. When she gets back I'm going to propose. But I want it to be special, I'm not the average guy and I never do anything normally. So I want to hear from you guys what do you think would make this the greatest proposal ever? I especially want to hear from the ladies on this forum. How do you want or how did your boyfriend propose to you?

Last edited by The Gate Keeper; 06-25-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well this is cool! Congrats, and good luck, gk! I have been called many things, but romantic has never been one of them. I am more of the cuddly type than the romantic type. You could maybe... Sorry, I got nothing!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I cannot relate nor give any advice pertaining to romance....but i'd like to wish you the best of luck. Finding a decent girl isn't easy these days.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Mancandy

I did not realize how much I wrote in the OP. Thanks I picked up the ring today. It looks like this
http://www.kay.com/images/products/9...9502_MV_LG.jpg
But on the left is her birthstone Sapphire and on the right is mine which is Amethyst, then is the center is of course a diamond.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

What color amethyst? It looks beautful, btw!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Mancandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
What color amethyst? It looks beautful, btw!
Its a deep purple color. Although sometimes Amethyst jewelery is a lighter almost lavender color.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

that's awesome dude, good luck.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:49 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your decision to take that next step in your relationship!

As for advice... I don't really know what to say or how to help. Plus I'm not really the guy to give advice on this as I've never really been in a relationship other than that one week in 8th grade lol. But I will try to help a brotha out. I don't know the two of you personally and I don't really know what would be "the proposal" for the both of you. It is different for everyone, I believe.

It depends on what kind of relationship you have and what she will respond to or will like. Some women may like a week, or even just a day, of luxery. That being where maybe you wake her up bringing her breakfast that you fixed (or if you can't cook, then food she thinks you fixed ). Then a wonderful afternoon at the spa, or something like that, for a wonderful time of relaxation and a massage. Then ending with a wonderful dinner and after, when taking her home, have a friend call her or meet up with her to keep her outside waiting and busy while you go in. Then she goes inside and is lead by rose pedals (or something like that) to the room where you are. Then she enters the room where you are on your knees and ready to propose...

Or you can just simply take her somewhere, like maybe where your first date was or something. And do that first date again. Then talk about all your wonderful times you've had and stuff like that. Work your way up to telling her how you truely love her and how you feel and all that stuff. And kinda talk about all the wonderful times that you will have and all that and how you want to spend the rest of your life with her and whatever. Then propose...

But your proposal all depends on what your relationship is like and who you are. A proposal should be an expression of your love for her and somewhat an expression of who you are as well. Everyone wants their proposal story to be romantic, different, creative, and/or just extravagant but sometimes people don't need that. Whatever you decide to do, as long as it is just from your heart and you express your love for her and make her feel truely special to you, and if she truely loves you, then I think you'll be fine .

Good luck bro.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I cant really give you any advice but I just wanted to congratulate you and say good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 06-27-2010, 01:40 AM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

I don't know how you should propose.
But when you wait for her at the airport, hold a sign that says "Girl of my dreams" (instead of Mr. Smith).
At least that will put her in a good mood when she comes back.