Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

No takers of the much-suggested 10 things thread, either. Well, few...
Old 07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ?

There's a problem when you use a single word as a stage name. Other people can come along, add a second one, and leverage your fame. I suppose this trick is of limited advantage if the one-name person is among the very most famous people in the world, because confabulation is very unlikely. But what if that person's fame is more parochial or even fading?

To my limited knowledge, no one ever stole a sneaky march on old-time one-namers Fabian and Donovan. And was the fictional Cher Horowitz ever intentionally parasitic relative to the famous singer born Cherilyn Sarkisian? As if!

I suppose that an entertainer is tempted to use a single name if possible, because it makes it seem that they are especially famous, with the hope of self-fulfilling prophesy at hand. But some people really need to change their name anyway. Poor María Rosario Pilar Martínez Molina Gutiérrez de los Perales Santa Ana Romanguera y de la Hinojosa Raste! Her introduction would have left no time for her actual act, had she not decided to substitute the stage name Charo.

Today I learn that a 25-year-old French dancer named Alizee climbed a holy mountain set in an arid wasteland and did a very limited strip-show. A run-up to an event in Tel-Aviv, you ask? HARDLY! This was NOT our beloved Alizée Jacotey, but rather someone who goes by the name "Alizee Sery" (almost "Sexy"?) But if you believe this was just an idle coincidence, then I'd like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge! And her cheap trick actually worked: Witness my commentary here. She gets her Fifteen Minutes of Fame.

The mountain in question is better known as Australia's Ayers Rock, although its Aboriginal name of Uluru is now given official priority. (I cannot help but notice that Ayers sounds like the English word "airs," which reminds one of winds, including those named Alizé.)

The stunt, which was video-recorded and published on YouTube, was not illegal, but probably owes not a little of its fame to the irritation among people to whom the site is sacred. It was reported by English language media in multiple nations.

Britain's Daily Mail explains:

The video shows her climbing the red sandstone monolith in conventional dress and then stripping at the top to a white bikini... Aborigine John Scrutton... [opined that] what Miss Sery had done... was the equivalent of someone defecating on the steps of the Vatican.

My unspirited Western analogy would have mentioned beachwear and Mount Sinai, rather than droppings and an elaborate and costly human edifice, occupying a much tinier (and thus more special) fraction of the earth's surface than the 10-km-perimeter Australian mountain does.

Naturally, Miss Sery protests her innocence!

"I do not mean in any way for this video to offend the Aboriginal... I am aware that Uluru is sacred in their culture... My project is a tribute to the greatness of the rock. What we need to remember is that traditionally, the Aboriginal people were living naked. So stripping down was a return to what it was like... After such a hard climb... you want to sing, dance - and strip."

C'est pas ma faute? <G>

Of course in the age of digital editing, who can even say if Miss Sery ever visited the lonely rock, much less performed there?

The July 4th, 2010 (ring a bell?) issue of Australia's Sunday Territoirian reports Sery said she has always wanted to be famous and quotes her so:

"If the climb was forbidden, don't go up, but it's not... It wasn't said that you can't strip... It is up to the individual to decide... I don't think this has made me famous... My story is famous - the French girl who stripped on top of Uluru... But I am not famous - Alizee Sery is not famous."

One wonders how many times she repeated her name in the interview, LOL!

The same article reports she was born on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, but fails to mention if she ever ran into any French girl who won an Air Outre Mer design contest and visited an Indian Ocean island like the Maldives in consequence, LOL.

Well, if "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," then perhaps the Corsican Girl should feel very flattered for this stunt circa the occasion of her tenth showbiz anniversary.

By the way, I cannot confirm the rumor that someone styling himself "Scruffy Obama" climbed to the observation deck of Boston's John Hancock Tower on the 4th of July and supposedly said: "Ayers Rock is not involved in my campaign." I have no report of a bikini, either. And even if such unsubstantiated gossip were true, it would not be as weird a publicity stunt as a chorus of dancing transvestites holding up traffic in New York City by singing Moi... Lolita!

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 07-18-2010 at 01:11 PM..
Old 07-19-2010, 02:39 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
There's a problem when you use a ......
aren't there at least 12 magazines that would pay you to write this stuff ?

Merci Fanny
Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink The sincerest form of flattery

I finally saw the video below of Alizee Génération 90, palais des sports 12 mai 2010 and I am starting to wonder if I have a Doppelganger somewhere in Europe! Of course the version I outlined earlier yet was even weirder!

<center>
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQL3W79jnwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;border =1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQL3W79jnwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;border =1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
</center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 08-24-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I... Honestly don't know how to respod to that... But nice find though; I needed a good laugh!