Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
If Mystique wasn't so freaky-looking I'd pick her, because then you'd have a bunch of powers in one: you could turn into a bird to fly, a cheetah to run fast, etc.

Edit:

Those are some big arms you got there.
Thanks! You wouldn't believe how much willpower it took to not eat pizza at all for so many months.

But you see, with Mystique, you can probably just change into a really hot, non-freaky looking woman and use that as your "default" look instead of that blue glob of goop. That would be my guess...not sure how long she can stay in a changed form. Hehe.

If I were a girl I'd opt to just be a hottie with powers like Psylocke or Jean Gray.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Thanks! You wouldn't believe how much willpower it took to not eat pizza at all for so many months.
I salute you. I cannot live without pizza.

Quote:
But you see, with Mystique, you can probably just change into a really hot, non-freaky looking woman and use that as your "default" look instead of that blue glob of goop. That would be my guess...not sure how long she can stay in a changed form. Hehe.
There's always that!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-21-2010, 10:48 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
I salute you. I cannot live without pizza.
After I got rid of enough bodyfat, I ate an entire pizza pie by myself. I tend to go overboard with these things. Diet for months, look good, then eat a huge freakin pie. Hahaha. I'll tell you what though - when you don't eat something you love for a LONG time, it tastes 2394924924392349 times better when you finally DO eat it. In a way, that's what makes dieting kinda fun. The bad foods we love taste better if we rarely eat it.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Wolverine. Hands down. Subtle, but so damn useful. And, I can live a normal life easy too. I don't look weird, have bizarre colorings or anything. But if you piss me off.. well then, it's gonna be a bad day for ya.. bub.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I'd be Sabretooth. Except he's not a superhero... Well if I have to pick a good guy, then Wolverine.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 AM
A Contre Courant...

Wolverine's healing factor also allows him to live far, far longer than most people. He was already old in WWII when he was fighting alongside Captain America...so if you do the math, he's gotta be well over a century old. I don't know man, it must kinda suck to have to see people you know dying of old age while you're still around. Life is good but not if everyone you love isn't even around anymore.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:58 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I hear you, man. In terms of one rep maxes, I'm probably much weaker NOW than I was back when I used to powerlift. I don't even lift for strength anymore. I remember being 14 years old weighing a measly 125 lbs and being able to bench 375 without a spotter. I don't max out anymore. I just focus on perfect form and just enough weight to stimulate growth.

These days I look amazing compared to the skinny 125 lb body I had as a teenager. People always think I must be much stronger now that I'm bigger, older, etc. But I use a lot less weight than I used to. I warm up with 225 and my sets usually just consist of 275 for 6-8 reps for 4 sets before moving on to a different exercise to hit chest. There's no point in maxing out for one rep if your goal is muscle growth, but I sure do miss powerlifting in high school. Fun times.
At 14, and weighing only 125lbs and having a one rep bench max of 375?! That's crazy! Are you talking raw or equipped though? My 350 max is raw (raw/uneqipped/unassisted you are only allowed a belt, wrist wraps, and/or gloves. No bench shirts/suits allowed, none over one ply that is.). If you did that raw... . You'd be benching 3 times your body weight AND unequipped. Simply amazing. I haven't seen or heard anything like that. Also, if it was a raw lift, did you use good/legal form? Or did you arch your butt off the bench? I used to have a really bad problem arching my back really big and my butt coming off the bench my freshman year. I've gotten my form pretty much down now though where I keep a small arch in my lower back while my shoulders and butt stay secure to the bench. My coach quickly fixed that problem that summer when he quit counting my maxes where my butt came of the bench . Thank you, coach
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If Mystique wasn't so freaky-looking I'd pick her, because then you'd have a bunch of powers in one: you could turn into a bird to fly, a cheetah to run fast, etc.
Lololololol... She can't become animals! Figures a inger would choose a Ginger hero... Lol... But what if you just looked like Rebecca Romjin? How about then?
Me, I gotta say... Well, I like Spider-man better than any other hero, but... I'd definitely like to be able to fly...
Old 07-22-2010, 05:09 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
At 14, and weighing only 125lbs and having a one rep bench max of 375?! That's crazy! Are you talking raw or equipped though?
Raw. I wasn't the strongest at the time but considering my weight, it was incredible. Also keep in mind there were some guys on the football team who were like 19 years old and way stronger than me at the time. (They got left back, obviously...but they were genetically strong and big as hell).

But I haven't done that one rep max stuff in many years so it's hard to say what I could do now. Again, my guess would be that I'm weaker now since I don't train for strength anymore. Hehe.

Another thing I've noticed is that back then I was more prone to injury. When you max out like that all the time, you're more susceptible to injuries, even if you warm out properly. I never max out anymore and I make sure to warm up my rotator cuffs before doing any upper body work.

*edit* I still remember there was this HUGE black guy named "Eder" or something who could do 405 (that's four 45's on each side) FOR 12 REPS. JESUS CHRIST.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:45 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Raw. I wasn't the strongest at the time but considering my weight, it was incredible. Also keep in mind there were some guys on the football team who were like 19 years old and way stronger than me at the time. (They got left back, obviously...but they were genetically strong and big as hell).

But I haven't done that one rep max stuff in many years so it's hard to say what I could do now. Again, my guess would be that I'm weaker now since I don't train for strength anymore. Hehe.

Another thing I've noticed is that back then I was more prone to injury. When you max out like that all the time, you're more susceptible to injuries, even if you warm out properly. I never max out anymore and I make sure to warm up my rotator cuffs before doing any upper body work.

*edit* I still remember there was this HUGE black guy named "Eder" or something who could do 405 (that's four 45's on each side) FOR 12 REPS. JESUS CHRIST.
Wow, you must have had one hell of a team. I say this because I went to a small highschool (sounds wierd saying that since I just graduated this year lol) and only had like about 30 or 40 guys come out for football each year. Plus, in such a small school, there weren't many that could compete with my strength as no one was really big or anything. Even our entire conference had hardly anyone that could compete with my bench strength at the weight meets. I had my coach get the results from the enire weight meet from my last meet my junior year just to see how I measured up to everyone else in all the other weight classes and grades. I was happy to find that I had the biggest bench there, even more than the heavy weight guys . The conference has very talented athletes and some strong guys, but none are huge benchers or anything. We mostly just had big hang cleaners and power cleaners. I am one of the few to get into the mid 300s that I know of. I never had much competition in that event as they tested for roids and the only guy that could've beat me was on 'em.

As I said, 14 years old, weighing 125lbs and benching 375lbs, very nice!!! I don't know how much further power lifting I plan on doing though, because like you said, I know powerlifting causes one to be more prone to injury. I actually switched up my routine for this very reason. I had begun to feel a little pain in my rotator cuff region and got worried. I didn't want to risk injury so I took off from the weight room for a while and I am now doing the light weight workout stuff (and P90X). But my kind of life goal is to be able to bench press 405. 4 plates just looks awesome . But that guy could do 405 for 12 reps . Like I said, you guys must have one hell of a football team, as well as an awesome athletic program.

----------and to stay somewhat on topic ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Me, I gotta say... Well, I like Spider-man better than any other hero, but... I'd definitely like to be able to fly...
Spider-man is a good choice though. He is pretty smart, has spider senses to help avoid danger, can basically fly when in certain enviroments that allow him to swing around easily, has quicks, and has amazing strength.

I still am sticking with my pick though. Wolverine is just a badass, ya know