Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I'm not surprised. I'm sorry about your day, MA. Hope today is better!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

MA, put on some Lili and forget about the day.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:36 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face Saturday guess who I "ran into"?

I was nervous as I approached the front counter. But I took a deep breath and told the hostess my story. "Excuse me, but I just backed into somebody's car out in the parking lot. Is there some way you can announce a page to find the owner, so I don't have to leave a note on the windshield?" When I described the car, the girl looked just as concerned as I did. No, they didn't have a P.A. system there, but she summoned the manager. She thought it might be safer if he tracked down the owner, rather than one of us. This was The Texas Roadhouse, after all.

So I told the story to the manager, and he also asked me to describe the car. He was starting to sweat as I told him it was a late-model orange-and-black Mustang with a "Cheesewheel 450" sticker on the front windshield. "Yeah, there's a pretty big group here from this road rally, and they're mostly all in the back there," he said, indicating the farthest tables. "Do you have the license-plate number?" "Yeah, it was M-Y-G-O- uh, something," I replied.

I watched from the entry area as he delicately approached the people at the tables in the back. Several more minutes passed, and as I waited, I watched a few of these guys starting to leave the fine establishment and congregate outside around their cars - mostly mustangs. A couple of them looked pretty tough, so I actually began to feel sorry for the manager. Especially since I'd been lying to him.

Eventually the manager walked back to me, alone, and said "we'll have to try asking around outside." And out we went, blinking in the glaring afternoon sun.

Right out front, some of the road-rally people were sitting on benches, so he went to them first. His face looked ashen as he repeated his announcement. "Excuse me, does one of you have an orange mustang?" "Yeah, that's me, why?" replied a super-tall, lanky fellow, rising from his seat. "Well, this man says he--" stammered the manager. But at that point I'd had enough of the ruse. So I stepped forward and boldly asked the tall guy "Are you Keith?" Yes, he admitted, he was. "Hi! I'm Chuck!" I said, briskly shaking the gentleman's hand. At this, the manager just vanished. He may have needed to go to the bathroom.

----

So that's how I met MYGOGT as he (and few dozen other sportscar enthusiasts) were passing through my town, in the middle of the CheeseWheel 450 Road Rally, an annual event that raises money for children's hospitals. (They really do drive 450 miles across Wisconsin in one day.) And that's how I got to meet a couple of his friends and family members, and even got to see the actual, beautiful AlizéeMobile, his 'stang that has the license plate we all know so well. (No, I hadn't really backed into it- I'd rode my bike there.)

MYGOGT had clued me in earlier that he was going to be there, but we hadn't had time to exchange more detailed information, so that (and a warped sense of humor) was the reason for my elaborate tale.

And what a class act he proved to be, too! Kind and gracious, he introduced me to his compatriots there. Here's a man who talks the talk, and walks the walk. (Or rather drives it, in style and flair, with "ALIZEEAMERICA.COM" on his back bumper all the way.) And, as VVV, Marquis, or anyone else will surely attest, you may never meet anyone nicer. But regrettably, time was short. After we'd chatted a few minutes, I noticed the other CheeseWheelers were getting back into their cars. So we rose and shook hands again, wished one another well, and planned to meet for lunch some time in the future.

My forum friends, MYGOGT gets around. Coast to coast! So if you ever get the opportunity, do make a point of trying to meet him. Or if someone else from the forum lives near you, hey get together! Again and again, it seems that AAmers are a big bunch of the very best kinds of people. I wonder why that is? (Credit to our divine unifying goddess Lili here.)

...And if you ever go to a branch of The Texas Roadhouse, don't walk in with a made-up story about having damaged someone's nice car. I thought it would pan out to be a lot simpler and hysterically funny. But no, it was mostly just dumb. And potentially dangerous!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Wow I laughed like crazy!! Which is bad since it's nearly 4am
Cool story Chuck! It's really cool that you guys met! I think there are quite a few AAmers here in VA but I haven't met any of them, not yet anyway. Sounds like a good idea, especially since her birthday is coming up!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Haha. Nice story. That's really cool though. I know I'd like to meet all of you guys. Everyone here does seem to be very nice. I've always said it, and I'll say it again: If I ever win the lottery or something like that, then I'll throw a huge party for all of us AAm-er's and pay for everyone's way to it . That would be sweet!

----------

As for me, today has only begun, but yesterday in the evening I took about a 5 hour drive up here to Kansas City.

Driving in my F-150, getting that excellent gas mileage , I got to rock out to some good tunes for about an hour or so before the radio kept cutting in and out of my iPod dock thing. So I had to switch to CDs . And I didn't have any Lili CDs with me as it is all on my iPod . But I spent the remaining hours in my truck on the road listening to other CDs in my truck such as some Dane Cook and some prank calls I have on a CD . So I did not get to listen to all the Alizée or other music that I wanted to on my little road trip, but I did have a fun time laughing at some old CDs I haven't listened to in quite a while. Maybe on the way back I'll find a station through my iPod dock that won't cut in and out through my music on the iPod.

I got here to KC fairly late, but everyone was still up waiting for me . I am here visiting some family that I haven't seen in a while and don't see much. I am also doing some "business" with my art work and stuff. I should be getting some programs like illustrator and stuff for free . I am also glad to find that there is some wifi here so I can connect and get onto here from time to time throughout the week .
Old 08-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

Somebody tried to break into my house last night, my dogs scared him off. The window was pried open and screen cut. Good thing he did leave because I had my pistol loaded and legally I can and would have shot them. (I wouldn't want to do that but if I had to I would.) Guy left finger prints on the window. (Burglar fail)

My big toe hurts also. I have an ingrown toenail and its really annoying.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gate Keeper View Post
Good thing he did leave because I had my pistol loaded
A fine fella you are, as we all know an unloaded handgun is about as good as a rock.

Regards,

Jung

Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
A fine fella you are, as we all know an unloaded handgun is about as good as a rock.

Regards,

Jung
Yeps its not like I have any kids yet and even if I did the gun isnt in a place they'd be able to access. I feel the need to go shoot things, I'm going to the gun range now.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Against The Current

My day was wrapping up nicely, and when I pulled out my earphones to listen to music, I found that one of the little gummies is gone. My heart is broken.

yeah I can replace it but I can't help but feel sad
Old 08-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Against The Current

I went to bed at 11ish last night, which is ridiculously early for me.
You could say it helped me get up early. Like, 3:30am early. I couldn't sleep anymore, and just stayed up since then. No dreams unfortunately.
Oh well, I'm about to watch En Concert so it's all good