Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 AM

spysmasher is on a distinguished road
Default Zen

This is a beautiful and inspiring film about Master Dogen, the founder of the Soto school of Zen. Highly recommended!

The version of the movie I watched had English subtitles ... which this trailer does not.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pwKXTj1IQUc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pwKXTj1IQUc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

I went to go see "Dinner With Shmucks" it was a very very funny romantic-comedey. Steve Carell was in there I think that's why it was so funny. Oh yeah the main girl in the movie was French witch was very cool she was pretty as well. The funny thing about it is when I went to the threater the place way empty, it was just me jajaja.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
I went to go see "Dinner With Shmucks" it was a very very funny romantic-comedey. Steve Carell was in there I think that's why it was so funny. Oh yeah the main girl in the movie was French witch was very cool she was pretty as well. The funny thing about it is when I went to the threater the place way empty, it was just me jajaja.
"Dinner With Shmucks" is actually a remake for a French movie called "The Dinner Game", which is from 1998. I haven't seen it but I plan on checking it out.

Usually, I skip remakes and watch the original versions instead.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
"Dinner With Shmucks" is actually a remake for a French movie called "The Dinner Game", which is from 1998. I haven't seen it but I plan on checking it out.

Hmm I never knew that.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Ditto on the remakes thing. The most recent incarnation of "Nightmare on Elm Street." Ew.

Edit:

Saw "My Cousin Vinny" today. Haven't seen this in years. Guess what I did? As you might know from a different thread, I have an Alizée wallpaper on my desktop. So what I did was I watched this movie on my computer while the little Alizée pic was right next to the video. I noticed a few things:

1) Marisa Tomei was even hotter than I remembered from when I saw this many years ago.

2) As pretty as Marisa Tomei is, the photo of Alizée next to her made her appear far less attractive. Conclusion: Alizée is much hotter than Marisa. Or maybe I just really love Alizée.

Last edited by Rictor; 08-12-2010 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Man Among Men

I just watched this one. It's a French movie about a middle eastern prison inmate who ends up working for the leader of a Corsican mafia group. It was a great, gritty crime drama. For the record, the Blu-Ray picture and sound were outstanding. I'm an audio/video nerd, so that matters too.

Last edited by puffyrock2; 08-13-2010 at 12:09 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Saw "My Cousin Vinny" today. Haven't seen this in years. Guess what I did? As you might know from a different thread, I have an Alizée wallpaper on my desktop. So what I did was I watched this movie on my computer while the little Alizée pic was right next to the video. I noticed a few things:

1) Marisa Tomei was even hotter than I remembered from when I saw this many years ago.

2) As pretty as Marisa Tomei is, the photo of Alizée next to her made her appear far less attractive. Conclusion: Alizée is much hotter than Marisa. Or maybe I just really love Alizée.
Oh my gosh, that's one of my favorite movies.

I agree that Marisa is really pretty, but Alizee definitely beats her.

OH! And I saw this last week and it's another one of my favorites:

(500) Days of Summer.
I usually hate-hate-hate romantic comedies, but this one's different. It's not all obnoxiously cute with a predictable ending. Just go see it, you'll like it. Especially since Zooey Deschanel is in it! She's like, my second idol after Alizee.

You just can't help but love her.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 08-13-2010 at 12:26 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Man Among Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Oh my gosh, that's one of my favorite movies.

I agree that Marisa is really pretty, but Alizee definitely beats her.

OH! And I saw this last week and it's another one of my favorites:

(500) Days of Summer.
I usually hate-hate-hate romantic comedies, but this one's different. It's not all obnoxiously cute with a predictable ending. Just go see it, you'll like it. Especially since Zooey Deschanel is in it! She's like, my second idol after Alizee.

You just can't help but love her.
Speaking of Marisa Tomei, I was surprised how she looked in "The Wrestler". Bangin' body for a 45 year old.

I liked "(500) Days Of Summer" as well. Usually with romantic comedies, it's always the man who leaves the woman heartbroken. In this movie the tables are turned and the girl plays games with the dude.

Zooey is indeed adorable. I like her band "She & Him" as well.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I watched Centurion, a film about Romans fighting the Picts (blue painted madmen like in breavheart) in the northern parts of Britain. A decent made film but quite boring.
Roman legionnaires with British accent try to save their captured leader like a medieval Rambo and then try to escape from the Pict hunting team lead by the only interesting character, a mute scout/warrior woman played by beautiful Olga Kurylenko.
I give it 2,5 of 5 chopped of roman heads and an extra star for the presence of Kurylenko.

<3
Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Brothers Grimm
- I would have been WAY more entertained watching a biography about the brother's lives, rather than the piece of crap I watched

Monty Python... Holy Grail
- meh

Major Payne
- too predictable for me

--------------

For the longest time, I thought that Zooey Deschanel, Katy Perry, and Lizzy Caplan were all the same woman, before I discovered IMDB