Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 03:03 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
True, it would probably be the most expensive of the lot.
You wanna talk expensive...I once saw a JEAM single go for a cool 150E in Paris. I wanted it sooo bad.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:38 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i took a 150E cab ride from Wacken to Hamburg in germany >>
Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Sweet so I just purchased Mes Courants Electriques International Version (15 tracks) for $17.98 shipped on eBay.....awesome. That's the first thing I've ever bought on eBay

So now I am awaiting the shipment of the only 3 things I've ever bought online: Psychedelices (Deluxe Edition)(German Import), Gourmandises, and Mes Courants Electriques (International Version).

Let's just hope they are all legit!!!

Oh and I bought all 3 for a total of $60, not bad considering these albums are somewhat hard to find now that they are quite old...and French

Thankyou guys for assisting me in my decision to purchase these! It's very appreciated, and I will definitely have pictures up when they all arrive!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Our 2007 Chrysler T&C has a cassette player.

And nevermind I found one...
Were did you find it?
I've been meaning to buy the international version of MCE for quite a while now.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw your post. We need to work on the timing. lol

Last edited by Zeerre; 08-13-2010 at 09:28 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Bigger not always Better...

You know, Aaronius, I got the "international" version of MCE (from Hong Kong), and sometimes wish I hadn't!

I mean, they added five more songs - so what's my problem? Well, four of the five are those "English" versions: "I'm Fed Up!", "Amelie", "I'm Not Twenty!", and "Youpidoo", which my kids still prefer, but I usually skip over them whenever possible. The fifth "bonus track" is "Moi...Lolita" - already got that, and it just seems odd and out-of-place here on MCE.

To make matters worse, they went and changed around the order of the songs! (Yeah, I know, I could make my own playlist or burn my own hew CD to rearrange them any way I like, but I haven't got around to doing that.) My point is, every time I listen to the international disc, it sticks in my craw that this isn't the "original" album at all! And I don't see this version as being better. Yeah, okay, the extra VCD disc is kinda cool, but a lot of players won't play it at all. For me, it only works on one of my computers, but not on our tv.

So someday, sooner or later, I'm probably going to have to break down and get the regular MCE. I think I'll be happier then.

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to insert a contradictory opinion here. "Deluxe Packaging" or whatever you call it, I'm not so sold on it. Plus, this way I've still got another Alizée album I still want to get sometime.

EDIT -
DAMN! I WAS TOO LATE! BY ONE LOUSY MINUTE! YOU BOUGHT THE THING ALREADY! No, seriously though, congratulations, A!

Last edited by Chuck; 08-13-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You know, Aaronius, I got the "international" version of MCE (from Hong Kong), and sometimes wish I hadn't! !
You know my good friend, that wasn't the "International Version" seen here on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mes_Cou...3%89lectriques

You purchased the Hong Kong import I read somewhere that they did put Moi...Lolita on it and stuff. Very sorry, and sorry if I'm mistaken. THat might even be the Korean or Taiwan version too....

And guys I got the International Version from here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Alizee-Mes-Coura...s#ht_500wt_947

It is a British Import and has all 15 tracks(the International Version).

2 left so buy them up before the others do!

It was a total of $17.98 for me...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Never mind, I just saw your post. We need to work on the timing. lol
HAHAHA yah we do....

Last edited by User22; 08-13-2010 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Glad you found one Aaron! Gawd I guess that more than half my online purchases so far have been Alizée-related, and the others were likely to have been Mylène-related.

I get what Chuck's saying, in an ideal world I'd like to have a regular MCE as well as my international version, but I think you've made the right choice in buying the international version first. I mean it's 15 songs vs 11 songs. More Alizée. That's one advantage that immediately beats any disadvantages of not having the regular MCE.

The main annoyance for me occurs when I lend my MCE to friends who've only just found out about her. They often just hear track 1 "I'm Fed Up" and laugh, often refusing to take the rest of the album seriously. It's really annoying, I guess the English versions can sound a bit silly to native English speakers (probably due to a combination of badly translated lyrics and heavy accent) but by no means should they put you off the rest of the (predominantly French) album. I find that people I introduce Alizée to take to the French songs far better than they take to the English ones.

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-13-2010 at 10:16 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Glad you found one Aaron! Gawd I guess that more than half my online purchases so far have been Alizée-related, and the others were likely to have been Mylène-related.

I get what Chuck's saying, in an ideal world I'd like to have a regular MCE as well as my international version, but I think you've made the right choice in buying the international version first. I mean it's 15 songs vs 11 songs. More Alizée. That's one advantage that immediately beats any disadvantages of not having the regular MCE.

The main annoyance for me occurs when I lend my MCE to friends who've only just found out about her. They often just hear track 1 "I'm Fed Up" and laugh, often refusing to take the rest of the album seriously. It's really annoying, I guess the English versions can sound a bit silly to native English speakers (probably due to a combination of badly translated lyrics and heavy accent) but by no means should they put you off the rest of the (predominantly French) album. I find that people I introduce Alizée to take to the French songs far better than they take to the English ones.
Are you saying you trusted american teenagers with the actual Mes Courants Electriques International Version CD? Please tell me it was a burnt version....

I can't feel my legs

And yah I'll buy the regular version eventually. It's just the International version and any special edition of any of her CDs would seem that they would be hard to come by much more than the standard versions. Cause I mean come on, they even sell her stuff on Target.com and BestBuy.com and even Sears.com
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Merci Alizée

I don't want to ruin the party. But I have some doubts. I never bought anything online and I don't know much about it, that's why I'm asking this.

How do you know that artists get the royalty for the sales when you buy any stuff online from ebay. Are you buying it from some person? If you are buying it from some person, then I don't think the artists get a penny for this purchase because they have been already sold earlier. It's nothing better than downloading stuffs for free. Only thing is that you have paid for it.

If the album is not available for sale at a source from where artists also get their share, then it's ok. If that is that case then I'm sorry for raising a doubt.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I don't want to ruin the party. But I have some doubts. I never bought anything online and I don't know much about it, that's why I'm asking this.

How do you know that artists get the royalty for the sales when you buy any stuff online from ebay. Are you buying it from some person? If you are buying it from some person, then I don't think the artists get a penny for this purchase because they have been already sold earlier. It's nothing better than downloading stuffs for free. Only thing is that you have paid for it.

If the album is not available for sale at a source from where artists also get their share, then it's ok. If that is that case then I'm sorry for raising a doubt.
No but see this is how it works.

The Label's Manufacturer makes the CD.
The CD is sold to someone/a company.
The artist recieves a portion of that money made from that CD since it was sold to a person/company.

So either way no matter how you slice it, if the CD is sold to a company online or a person, then the artist and label make some money...

Tags
international, mce, question, version