Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I work with women everyday and probably the only reason I don't hate all women is Alizée. When your around people all day that bitch moan and complain just to hear themselves talk you really don't think much of your fellow man.
I hate people who complain about every little task. These are the same people who can never be satisfied no matter what they get.

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people left in this world who just shuts up and does the work. Maybe that's why I usually have greater respect for hard working laborers as opposed to idiots who sit at a desk all day doing nothing and STILL find SOMETHING to complain about while going for their tenth cup of Starbucks coffee.

And the type of women we run into in the workplace....ah...they will hate on you for a variety of reasons.

- If you look better than they do - they hate you.

- If you mind your own business, do your own work and don't give them the same attention they get from the horndog guys - they will interpret that as you thinking you're better than them and hate on you.

- If you don't join in their discussions where they complain about shit, they automatically hate on you too and will make you part of their targets for gossip.

It's not the actual work that make working suck, it's certain PEOPLE that make work suck.

Edit:

Also - if you think that you're done dealing with stereotypes, prejudice and all this childish crap that we all encounter in childhood, school, etc....you've got another thing coming. These people can be well into their 30's and 40's and NEVER grow up. At least not when it comes to intellectual capacity and having a modicum of refinement.

Last edited by Rictor; 08-14-2010 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-14-2010, 02:35 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
I hate people who complain about every little task. These are the same people who can never be satisfied no matter what they get.

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people left in this world who just shuts up and does the work. Maybe that's why I usually have greater respect for hard working laborers as opposed to idiots who sit at a desk all day doing nothing and STILL find SOMETHING to complain about while going for their tenth cup of Starbucks coffee.

And the type of women we run into in the workplace....ah...they will hate on you for a variety of reasons.

- If you look better than they do - they hate you.

- If you mind your own business, do your own work and don't give them the same attention they get from the horndog guys - they will interpret that as you thinking you're better than them and hate on you.

- If you don't join in their discussions where they complain about shit, they automatically hate on you too and will make you part of their targets for gossip.

It's not the actual work that make working suck, it's certain PEOPLE that make work suck.

Edit:

Also - if you think that you're done dealing with stereotypes, prejudice and all this childish crap that we all encounter in childhood, school, etc....you've got another thing coming. These people can be well into their 30's and 40's and NEVER grow up. At least not when it comes to intellectual capacity and having a modicum of refinement.
seconded.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:43 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
seconded.
I think that's what draws people like us to Metal in the first place. The lyrical and musical content in Metal usually satisfy the feelings we have about these kinds of things. But I'm sure none of us really want to be pissed off all the time. And maybe that's why we're also into Alizée - because she represents that other side of humanity that we LIKE. Just an absolute beauty floating around in an ugly world. Someone who just seems to ooze positivity in spite of everything that's going on around us. Alizée IS love.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think that's what draws people like us to Metal in the first place. The lyrical and musical content in Metal usually satisfy the feelings we have about these kinds of things. But I'm sure none of us really want to be pissed off all the time. And maybe that's why we're also into Alizée - because she represents that other side of humanity that we LIKE. Just an absolute beauty floating around in an ugly world. Someone who just seems to ooze positivity in spite of everything that's going on around us. Alizée IS love.
I couldn't put that thought across better.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes you just need to find a new job. Find one that you enjoy. Contrary to what you are saying I'd be extremely bored without my job. Even if I had the cash flow I'd soon become bored. There is an enjoyable job out there for everyone, and it's gonna be a different one for everyone. My heaven is your hell

Quote:
I think that's what draws people like us to Metal in the first place. The lyrical and musical content in Metal usually satisfy the feelings we have about these kinds of things. But I'm sure none of us really want to be pissed off all the time.
Metal makes me happy, not pissed off. However I think Manowar has the tune for you.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_UGFLT0VMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_UGFLT0VMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Regards,

Jung

Old 08-15-2010, 10:52 AM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Sometimes you just need to find a new job. Find one that you enjoy. Contrary to what you are saying I'd be extremely bored without my job. Even if I had the cash flow I'd soon become bored. There is an enjoyable job out there for everyone, and it's gonna be a different one for everyone. My heaven is your hell
What kind of job do you have? And I think you missed the point of my post. Go back and read it again. If you truly enjoy your job, wouldn't it be even better if you didn't have to worry about money (e.g. if you already had more than enough of it for basic needs) and just do what you're doing now except SOLELY for pleasure? Do you understand what I'm saying at all? And to clarify - I've said this before - there are other things that I am passionate about that I would love to spend time doing if I didn't have to "work" for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Metal makes me happy, not pissed off. However I think Manowar has the tune for you.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_UGFLT0VMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_UGFLT0VMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Regards,

Jung
Wow I totally generalized when I use the term "Metal." Had no idea something so crappy even existed within that genre. This is your choice in music? To each his own....
Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 AM

mksmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What kind of job do you have? And I think you missed the point of my post. Go back and read it again. If you truly enjoy your job, wouldn't it be even better if you didn't have to worry about money (e.g. if you already had more than enough of it for basic needs) and just do what you're doing now except SOLELY for pleasure? Do you understand what I'm saying at all? And to clarify - I've said this before - there are other things that I am passionate about that I would love to spend time doing if I didn't have to "work" for money.

Wow I totally generalized when I use the term "Metal." Had no idea something so crappy even existed within that genre. This is your choice in music? To each his own....
You speak of having to be forced to work for somebody. Then don't work for somebody. ^^ Simple, no? Find what you like (you state that you are passionate for things other than what you do) and work at it. Mold a craft. Find ways to make things positive.

Azhiri brings a good point. Look at your job & see how it benefits others. Either way, should you be doing something that solely benefits you or society as a greater whole? Tis a question of where your beliefs are, but I feel one should do work where they help to benefit others. Tis just a matter of perspective though.

It all depends on how you look at the world. The other question I pose to you is: Are you a sheep or are you a wolf? Both work in packs but sheep conform to a common thing, making random noises here & there, whereas wolves can be a pack of individuals, who mold to a common cause though still remaining their one true self. The question is, which are you?

Oh and to bring some philosophy in to this (and maybe a bit of religion), one is truly sound with the world when one is able to rid oneself of all attachments & pleasures. That's a dash of philosophy and/or Buddhism mixed in for ya.

But, once again, just depends on your perspective of the world. ^^

Oh, and I do believe that Mr. Jung posted that video for your sake, not his, if I am not mistaken? Either way, I do agree with Mr. Jung, metal does not seem to make me mad or moody or pissed off. Tis my opinion, once again.

Oh and if there are other things you would rather do without having to "work" for money, then do it. I am a simple writer who barely has any money, but I don't care. I love writing and I'll do it when I can. ^^

Last edited by mksmith; 08-15-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksmith View Post
You speak of having to be forced to work for somebody. Then don't work for somebody. ^^ Simple, no? Find what you like (you state that you are passionate for things other than what you do) and work at it. Mold a craft. Find ways to make things positive.

Azhiri brings a good point. Look at your job & see how it benefits others. Either way, should you be doing something that solely benefits you or society as a greater whole? Tis a question of where your beliefs are, but I feel one should do work where they help to benefit others. Tis just a matter of perspective though.

It all depends on how you look at the world. The other question I pose to you is: Are you a sheep or are you a wolf? Both work in packs but sheep conform to a common thing, making random noises here & there, whereas wolves can be a pack of individuals, who mold to a common cause though still remaining their one true self. The question is, which are you?

Oh and to bring some philosophy in to this (and maybe a bit of religion), one is truly sound with the world when one is able to rid oneself of all attachments & pleasures. That's a dash of philosophy and/or Buddhism mixed in for ya.

But, once again, just depends on your perspective of the world. ^^

Oh, and I do believe that Mr. Jung posted that video for your sake, not his, if I am not mistaken? Either way, I do agree with Mr. Jung, metal does not seem to make me mad or moody or pissed off. Tis my opinion, once again.

Oh and if there are other things you would rather do without having to "work" for money, then do it. I am a simple writer who barely has any money, but I don't care. I love writing and I'll do it when I can. ^^
You clearly didn't read any of the previous posts. I covered all of this. Did you read my response to Azhiri's idea about helping others?

You're not being realistic at all. In order to make enough money to survive, there's only a small percentage of the population who can do what they want as a job and still make enough to get by. Most people, by and large, have to resort to working jobs that they really don't like.

And as far as your buddhism/no attachments bullshit goes, I love how pretentious little nobodies like you always use things like these as a crutch. Are YOU able to rid yourself of all attachments and pleasures? No. If you were, you wouldn't even be online and posting on this forum. You'd be out somewhere without any possessions. Don't come at me with your bullshit, you hypocrite.

As far as the sheep vs wolf analogy goes, things like "remaining true to oneself" goes right out the window when it comes down to having to decide whether to starve or to feed yourself. Think about Henry Rollins, for example. If you don't know him, look him up. He's clearly NOT a common moron. He's intelligent. But he too had work crappy minimum wage jobs due to his lack of academic background/education. Not all of us have the luxury of being able to have their parents put them through college and such. With the economy being the way it is, you make it sound far too easy to get a job that one would be happy with. Instead of writing all that crap comparing wolves to sheep, you could have just quoted Corey Taylor's "Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?" Much more direct and to the point, don't you think? And it sums up what you were trying to say.

Also, I wasn't being clear enough before with the Metal thing - it's not that it MAKES you angry or pissed off. It's just that you're able to enjoy it more when you ARE pissed off. Again, dependent on what you're actually listening to. How do you not see this? Are you that dense?

Last edited by Rictor; 08-15-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 08-15-2010, 01:45 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:

.......... not all metal bands have EVERY song be in your face. look up Edguy, they go from ballads to this:<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iLp00nqNvNw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iLp00nqNvNw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> . Metal is a GIGANTIC genre.

Last edited by Människöpesten; 08-15-2010 at 01:47 PM..

Tags
alizee, hope, work=slavery