Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
....Sennheiser HD380 pros was a good idea, so thats what I ended up going with.
$200 headphones... very nice. Lily deserves it. Those are fantastic headphones, and being sealed, your world will have nothing but Lily in it.

I forgot to mention what I use. In my situation, (at home at night, in my own room, with my family sleeping in another part of the house) I am able to use open headphones without me bothering anyone and vice-versa. If anyone else is in this same situation, this is my suggestion:

The best bang-for-the buck ($90) I have found is the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones. They are big and funky looking, but they are made of magnesium and aluminum and very light and comfortable for long listening sessions as you can barely feel them on your head. Which is what you want with open-air headphones... to feel like you are listening to a great pair of speakers. Very flat frequency response and very accurate bass... which is not something everybody wants. If a big bass "thump" is what you want, then Dr. Dre's BEATS mentioned earlier may be your thing, not these.

Anyway, another decent-priced option for some people. A pic:

I only use them when I have to, otherwise I'm cranking up a 7.1 system of Ascend Acoustics using CMT-340SEs for the front end. They are very flat, very loud, and perfect for listening to Lily, since the drivers are made in France! En Concert at almost reference levels today on a 92" 1080P projector was.... let's just say I was trying to throw a stars and stripes up on the stage myself!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

I don't think I ever bought a pair of headphones that cost more than $30, but now I know what I was missing out on. This has been a very helpful thread!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 PM

mercenaries16 is on a distinguished road

what the head phones are not good enougth i mean its only a pair of woofers you need a full range to hear everything i have a car i put in a pair of 2 very high frequency tweeter e medium frequency tweeters a pair of 6.5 inches pioneer to giveme mediums a pair of 6x9 pioneer for low frequency mediums another pair of 6.5 inches jbl for more sound a pair of 4.5 inches crack speakers for high medium frequency and soon i will put a 15 inches subwoofer to full range low range frequency you need a variety like this to hear good music not only a pair of speakers atached to your head you need to try it lill deserves it
Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercenaries16 View Post
what the head phones are not good enougth i mean its only a pair of woofers you need a full range to hear everything i have a car i put in a pair of 2 very high frequency tweeter e medium frequency tweeters a pair of 6.5 inches pioneer to giveme mediums a pair of 6x9 pioneer for low frequency mediums another pair of 6.5 inches jbl for more sound a pair of 4.5 inches crack speakers for high medium frequency and soon i will put a 15 inches subwoofer to full range low range frequency you need a variety like this to hear good music not only a pair of speakers atached to your head you need to try it lill deserves it
....that is a bunch of speakers....I prefer $20 in-ear headphones over anything haha. And if I really needed to I would go with Bose's noise-cancelling headphones...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Uh.. I use the cheap ones that come with the ipod?

Old 10-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Big fan of SooYoung and IU

Lucian_RO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sennheiser HD380 pros was a good idea, so thats what I ended up going with.
:
Please tell us your impressions when you get them. I got mine and wasn't very happy in the first days, then I got the cheapest version of Asus Xonar (Xonar DS) sound card and it was a clear improvement from my crappy onboard sound card.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:57 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

The headphones I got are ok, but I think I may return them for a different pair. The story shall continue.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The headphones I got are ok, but I think I may return them for a different pair. The story shall continue.
Hey, if you run across decent ones that aren't too expensive, let me know. I need to move past these cheap crappy ones someday...

Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The $200 Sennheiser HD380s were only "OK" ????

Maybe you should try some open air ones like the ones I pointed out in my post above.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I can get a much better deal on studio quality over the ear headphones at our local musician store, Sam Ash Music. The last set I had cost 39.99 and lasted me over 2 years, one of the speakers broke off and I taped it together and still use them. Im gonna get a new set soon but b4 they broke I listened to Limelight and Les Collines and A Couer Fendre and Une Fille Difficille on those and they sounded really good, so back to my local music store soon I must go.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
....that is a bunch of speakers....I prefer $20 in-ear headphones over anything haha. And if I really needed to I would go with Bose's noise-cancelling headphones...
Dude In July I heard UEDS on Infiniti 7.2 surround sound with a 200w amp. Never forget that. That dude has to move, but Limelight on THAT system was an experience one may not soon forget. Some like it loud. Some like me. And UEDS sounds BEST LOUD.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 10-14-2010 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts