Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Random thoughts

Thank you everyone, for your many helpful remarks. You provoke the following responses -

1. (Off topic) It would be good if newbies were better directed toward facilities of greatest use to them. The profile of Alizée on this site's home page is very good, but after that, where should someone new go? I would solicit anyone not logged in to register, so that they might be requested to say hello and ask naive questions in the persistent thread set aside for this purpose.

2. The original proposal I made imagines a "current awareness" mission. But that doesn't prevent the curator who issues the monthly magazine editions from prefixing each constituent post with a paragraph which provides contextual information for novices and those with poor memories.

3. While there is no harm if we ordinary individual site members create our own "Best of" threads, I think it is CRITICAL that the publication I proposed be the creature of the SITE OWNER and his deputies, who have an enduring interest in the reputation of the site. Such parties also control key assets like the site's Twitter page, Facebook wall, and so on, by which "official" publicity can be offered to the public.

4. I did not suggest criteria by which one might hold one post superior to another. Here are some possibilities -
clarity, beauty and economy of language, novelty, sentimental value, intellectual or commercial importance.
(By the way, the recent posting which encouraged me to raise my suggestion again appears here.)
Do you have a favorite memorable post to share? Don't be greedy - let us know about it!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...light=thoughts

There is some criticism of Alizee's image/direction here, but it's constructive. Intellectually speaking, it's one of the best discussions I've witnessed here so far.

EDIT: Nevermind.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 11-07-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 11-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I think that as a "newbie" just exploring the forum and getting to your own conclusion is half of becoming a fan of Alizée. When I first joined, the forum wasn't too active, and I just dug around on my own and based on what I read and such, I came to my own conclusions. I read those really early threads all the way up to the most recent of threads. I saw how the opinions of many changed, while others haven't.

I believe it's because of my digging of old threads that I've been given the nickname of the forums "Necromancer"?

Besides, by creating a thread just for newcomers will imply that things on there are the "good" tidbits of information, whereas I think to get a full picture of Alizée, you need to see all aspects, including those of her current fans and those past, as well as their opinions then and now.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:33 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I think that as a "newbie" just exploring the forum and getting to your own conclusion is half of becoming a fan of Alizée. When I first joined, the forum wasn't too active, and I just dug around on my own and based on what I read and such, I came to my own conclusions. I read those really early threads all the way up to the most recent of threads. I saw how the opinions of many changed, while others haven't.

I believe it's because of my digging of old threads that I've been given the nickname of the forums "Necromancer"?

Besides, by creating a thread just for newcomers will imply that things on there are the "good" tidbits of information, whereas I think to get a full picture of Alizée, you need to see all aspects, including those of her current fans and those past, as well as their opinions then and now.
I agree. However, I think FIRST IMPRESSION is very important. Especially for the ladies fans of Alizee. If they can see or read a creep like Splash or bbk, I don't think they'd be inclined to join. We just lost Karla and she's been here around for some time. So, imagine what would that do to a newbie.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

Necromancy FTW. I'm gonna go Necromance some more threads right now.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 11-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I mean, I was seeing (and still see, though it doesn't bother me anymore) grown men swooning over a girl/woman (depending on which era was being discussed) young enough to be their daughter. It was a little.. I don't want to say creepy, but I'm sure you guys get the picture.
Azhiri - You have no idea how much I debated (internally) the idea of becoming (for the first/only time in my life) a "fan" of someone who wasn't 18 yet in the video's I was watching... I mean, it was *creepy* to me too!

Since then, I've worn out 4 (five?) burned copies of my Gourmandises album, 3 (or 4?) copies of Mes Courants Eletrique and am on my 2nd copy of EEDS... Didn't fall in love with Psych as much as I might have, but even my first burn of that album is starting to show some wear...

Its not always about the look - sometimes it is *just* the music.

As to the OP - I think some of the individual posts from the "how did you find Alizeé" thread might be inspirational!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience