Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This thread had over 1,400 views in that forum and the ones who posted in a negative way were just a small percentage of those views, so I think the effort is still worth it in the hope that some of those many others have now heard the name of Alizée and are probably right now trying to learn more about her.

As I mentioned, I posted a thread in a pilot's forum and it too had over 1,400 views. It was a thread actually about the JetBlue flight attendant incident, that a couple of members here added audio to from one of Alizée's songs. It had only a few posts, none of them negative. Probably because your average airline pilot, is better educated, more traveled, and more in tune with other things not of this country. I'll post it here because I wont be posting there any more, so it doesn't matter if it gets sabotaged.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/yo...-incident.html

As far as Alizée's live voice. I think there were a few songs from En Concert that the studio version sounded better which is probably the case with most singers, but I loved the majority of those songs.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-02-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Keep it up and don't care about the negative comments, I know some people will be interested! Everything you do to promote Alizée is awesome and anyone who tries to ruin it is pathetic and doesn't belong here and don't deserve to call themselves a fan of Alizée.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This thread had over 1,400 views in that forum and the ones who posted in a negative way were just a small percentage of those views, so I think the effort is still worth it in the hope that some of those many others have now heard the name of Alizée and are probably right now trying to learn more about her.

As I mentioned, I posted a thread in a pilot's forum and it too had over 1,400 views. It was a thread actually about the JetBlue flight attendant incident, that a couple of members here added audio to from one of Alizée's songs. It had only a few posts, none of them negative. Probably because your average airline pilot, is better educated, more traveled, and more in tune with other things not of this country. I'll post it here because I wont be posting there any more, so it doesn't matter if it gets sabotaged.

As far as Alizée's live voice. I think there were a few songs from En Concert that the studio version sounded better which is probably the case with most singers, but I loved the majority of those songs.
It is hard to be better than the studio versions since the studio versions are almost always done in multiple takes; also on top of that you have computers filtering out the flaws, or should I say humanness, in ones voice. As for En Concert and maybe some Les Enfoires songs, yea she gave a spectacular live performance.... but every other life performance she had she either sounded flat, seemed to lack energy, or be out of tune. It could be due to poor mics, poor sound systems, poor acoustic residence, or maybe even bad air quality ... or maybe we need to just drop the excuses and say maybe Alizee really isnt the best live singer. Now just becuase I say she cant sing live (and I dont mean cant literally, obviously she can sing very well because she is a professional singer, but in terms of how she should be singing on a professional level is where I say she cant) does not take away from the fact I love her first 3 albums and I love her voice in the studio versions of the songs so It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people (and I can also understand this) do not like an artist if they cant perform up to par during live performances.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 11-02-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Dave, I don't understand. If you're getting a lot of views and if the airline pilots are more receptive, then why are you no longer posting there?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Dave, I don't understand. If you're getting a lot of views and if the airline pilots are more receptive, then why are you no longer posting there?
Well the good thing about a thread like that is you can keep updating it from time to time, when any news comes up about the incident. Such as when Slater decided to quit, and then his interview on Good morning America, and each time you update it, it brings the thread back to the top of the list, where it will get more views, but I wanted to share what was going on in these forums with people in here, so they could see for themselves what other people were saying, good or bad, but now that I've revealed where I've been posting, I'm sure my efforts will be sabotaged like my earlier effort in the LSU tiger forum. That's why I don't plan on posting there any more.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well the good thing about a thread like that is you can keep updating it from time to time, when any news comes up about the incident. Such as when Slater decided to quit, and then his interview on Good morning America, and each time you update it, it brings the thread back to the top of the list, where it will get more views, but I wanted to share what was going on in these forums with people in here, so they could see for themselves what other people were saying, good or bad, but now that I've revealed where I've been posting, I'm sure my efforts will be sabotaged like my earlier effort in the LSU tiger forum. That's why I don't plan on posting there any more.
Ahhh I see now, thanks for clearing it up.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Scruffy, as someone who had the misfortune to grow up in Texas, let me tell you that even by Texas standards Texas A&M University and the Aggies are considered particularly lowbrow and barbaric, and that's saying something.

I suggest you waste no further time with them.
Misfortune? Wow I wish I was back home all the time. Texas A&M is a great collage. Lowbrow and barbaric by no means, several have become astronauts and many go on to serve in the military. Just because they dislike Alizee doesnt mean they are thick. I may be an exception but I like Alizee and Im from the south. Please dont make generalizations scruffy.

If your going to advertise Alizee on collage websites just move on if the responce is negative.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
It is hard to be better than the studio versions since the studio versions are almost always done in multiple takes; also on top of that you have computers filtering out the flaws, or should I say humanness, in ones voice. As for En Concert and maybe some Les Enfoires songs, yea she gave a spectacular live performance.... but every other life performance she had she either sounded flat, seemed to lack energy, or be out of tune. It could be due to poor mics, poor sound systems, poor acoustic residence, or maybe even bad air quality ... or maybe we need to just drop the excuses and say maybe Alizee really isnt the best live singer. Now just becuase I say she cant sing live (and I dont mean cant literally, obviously she can sing very well because she is a professional singer, but in terms of how she should be singing on a professional level is where I say she cant) does not take away from the fact I love her first 3 albums and I love her voice in the studio versions of the songs so It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people (and I can also understand this) do not like an artist if they cant perform up to par during live performances.
All the other replies related to her live singing have been moved to the thread "Alizee Live".

Instead of having parallel discussion about the same topic, please continue on that thread only and keep this thread for it's original purpose. I believe it will help help everyone.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well as part of my promotional efforts, I have been going to different forums, trying to earn some posting points before I made a post about Alizee.
Unfortunately one piece of scum in this forum has been trying to sabotage my efforts to promote Alizee so I haven't been able to share some of my efforts here.

Well I've decided to post this one because I think a lot of people here would be interested to see how this effort is going. I posted in a pilot's forum and it's had over 1,400 hits, then I posted to the Texas Ags forum and in a relatively short time, it's had over 1,300 hits. The "few" people who have posted, have said mostly negative things, but I think this is in keeping with what I've heard about a lot of people in the south, that if it aint country, and I spell that with a capitol aint, they wont like it.

As I've said, I had to lie about my age and my association with their forum, but if this is the worst sin anyone in here or anyone in this world has done, this would be a pretty good place to live in as opposed to the lies, some other scumbag told that he wasn't even man enough to own up to.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...2&page=1&forum
Welcome to Texas. I greatly appreciate the work you do to promote Alizee. As someone who grew up in Texas, in West Texas in particular not far from where George W. Bush is from in Midland/Odessa I can tell there are a lot of ignorant hillbillies out there. Many of them are feeble minded, I guess that's why they like Bush,lol. Arguing with these people is tiresome as they are close minded and dislike anything that is foreign let alone anything that is French because they hate France, you should see all the France bashing that went on by these Republican conservative nut jobs during the Iraq War. I don't know what is with these Republican Conservative loons they get a kick out of France bashing, as someone who likes France I feel like smacking these idiots. So promoting Alizee would be hard in the South. The places in Texas where it's more cosmopolitan and educated like in Austin where you have the University of Texas and in the Dallas area maybe even Houston they are more open to foreign culture, but good luck trying to sell Alizee in Rural Texas. And Texas Aggies fan's are dicks. I would suggest you move on from these conservative retards and try some place else. It's really great that you are doing your part to promote Alizee in America.

Last edited by Ali; 11-07-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

No one else a little uncomfortable with this? Dunno, going to another forum and then complaining about the reception strikes me as a bit like going into someone's home and criticizing the decor. It may be true, they might have bad taste, but it's still kinda rude.

I think promoting is a good idea, but why the subterfuge? I think that's what makes it feel a little "creppy" as they say. Just be upfront about what you're doing. Some forums will be ok with that, some won't, c'est la vie.

Personally, I'd be fine with it as long as the person was willing to engage in friendly conversation and take legitimate interest, as opposed to some hit and run spam-bot. Many sites will even have a "favorite singers" thread or something and welcome it. And hey even if the promotion doesn't work, maybe you'll make some new friends along the way. Our activities should be fun, not frustrating!