Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I respectfully disagree with you Ben. The sole purpose of this endeavor is to spread the word of Alizée. It's to get them to listen to her, to hear her voice. A chance they might not ever get a chance to otherwise. I'm not trying to sell them a thing.

This Texas Ags forum is a forum for students and alumnus of Texas A&M University. If I wanted to join their forum, just being completely honest about who I am and what I'm doing, I would get absolutely no where. First of all I don't fall into either of those categories of being a student or alumnus. Second of all, I live no wheres near the state of Texas and lastly I'm sure my age would be a factor.

I joined a pilots forum and made a post about the Jet Blue flight attendant incident which a video had been made of and someone from this forum added music from Alizée's I'm fed up.This thread had over 1,500 views. It had only a few posts, but that was potentially over a thousand people who may have never heard the name Alizée before and may have never heard her music, now have.

I posted in the LSU forum and my efforts were sabotaged by a member here after what looked like a promising start.
Then I posted in the Texas Ags ( Texas A&M) forum. A few ignorant, narrow minded individuals made some negative posts about her, even saying that her voice was terrible. My God! Can you believe some one could say her voice was terrible? So a few unbelievably stupid people have posted their opinions. Less than a dozen people represent the several negative views that have been posted. That leaves about 2,400 other views, maybe representing over 2,000 other people who have potentially seen Alizée's name and heard her music for the first time. People who are college educated and smart enough themselves to determine if her voice and her music is good.

I'm a catholic. Not much of a church goer, but a strong believer in J.C. I don't know if any of you remember from my thread when I went on vacation to Italy. I stopped in Rome first. I went to St Peters at the Vatican and said some prayers for people who have passed away, some people who I knew that were sick, world peace and a few other things. I thought about saying some prayers for Alizée, for the success of her new album, and if it wasn't a success, for her happines, but I didn't. With all the things that are wrong in the world, those are not the type of things we should be praying for.

After Rome, among some of the the places I visited were Taormina on Crete and Pistoia. Two places Alizée had performed in. I went to those places because she had performed there. As is the case when I go on vacation to any new city, if I see a church, I'll stop in and say a few prayers, mostly for the same things I stated above. Once again I thought about saying a few prayers for Alizée. This time I did, because if it wasn't for Alizée, I wouldn't have even been in these towns. Any of you who are familiar with the catholic religion might be aware that at different places in the church, there are places where they have a rack of candles where you can buy one, or just take one if you cant afford one, and make an offering to a certain Saint, asking them to answer your prayer. Well of course I made a couple of offerings for Alizée, and the candles I bought, I placed front row, center stage in the racks.

The point I'm trying to make is if I thought there was anything morally wrong with what I'm doing in these forums, I wouldn't be doing it. However, I will listen to this forum and if they think I should stop what I'm doing, I will do it tonight.

A church in Taormina:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-07-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
However, I will listen to this forum and if they think I should stop what I'm doing, I will do it tonight.
That's not what I was saying. I just think you should be honest about it. Not because it's right or wrong, but because it will work better and be less frustrating for them and for us. If you think you'll "get absolutely no where" with that approach then, then try a different forum. My only "moral" point was that it's unfair to argue with the negative responses when we're the ones going into their forum. If people like her, great. If they don't, shrug and move on.

Edit: In other words, someone doesn't have to be an Alizée fan or even a fan of French music to come here and post about one of their interests in the off-topic section. I'd just expect them to be friendly and respect the community. Hopefully they'd make some new friends, which might even encourage people to check out their links more! Now I don't know, maybe that wouldn't work at Texas Ags, but I imagine there are plenty of forums where it would!

Last edited by Ben; 11-07-2010 at 06:27 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 06:25 PM

There's been over 2,500 posts in that forum. Unfortunately, as in so many instances in life, the loud obnoxious morons get a lot of the press. But the main thing is that so many other people find out about Alizée. This forum has had numerous amounts of views. Many of which we may never know how they feel, but at least they now know about Lily. That's all we can hope for. These people are like so many people in here. They are smart enough to think for themselves. I will post in several other forums, but I will not give up on this forum, because there are so many people who have viewed here, and many more will view here because of my efforts.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I support you showing Alizee to different people but you started this thread (at least it seemed to me) to complain about a couple people who made negative comments. I have had many many people call me stupid or say Alizee is shit because she speaks french but I dont make blanket generizations about people. My parents and many of my family have attend Texas A&M (and I plan to) and just because some people from the school dont like Alizee doesn't mean everyone from the south is ignorant and stupid. For all you know they could have come from out of state. So what I'm trying to say is just make your threads and promote Alizee.If there is a positive responce continue and if it is negative move on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 11-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Dont worry. I wont do anything in the future in any way to promote Alizee. There will be no more controversy on my part. You can do what ever you want to do,that you feel is appropriate.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Dont worry. I wont do anything in the future in any way to promote Alizee. There will be no more controversy on my part. You can do what ever you want to do,that you feel is appropriate.
Don't give up! Scruffy, you're a valued member here. Heck, I have a lot of ideas that no one listens to but I still pursue them.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
I support you showing Alizee to different people but you started this thread (at least it seemed to me) to complain about a couple people who made negative comments. I have had many many people call me stupid or say Alizee is shit because she speaks french but I dont make blanket generizations about people. My parents and many of my family have attend Texas A&M (and I plan to) and just because some people from the school dont like Alizee doesn't mean everyone from the south is ignorant and stupid. For all you know they could have come from out of state. So what I'm trying to say is just make your threads and promote Alizee.If there is a positive responce continue and if it is negative move on.
I'm from a city where the people are generalized as thugs and criminals, and I assure you, I'm neither. I know exactly what you mean. We're all here for the same reason, regardless of where we're from. We're all on God's green Earth, and as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't matter. I can appreciate what Scurffy is doing, and hope he continues, personally. I see no harm. I discovered Alizee in the worst possible way, a game that was destroying my life. Do I regret playing that game? Yeah, probably. But if I hadn't, I wouldn't have discovered Alizee. If Scruffy's "dishonesty" gets a few people to catch Alizee for the first time, and become a fan, I could live with that. Texas stereotyping is probably the most known in this country, so don't get so worked up over it.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:25 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

No Luck with Texas? Try Virginia. We are much nicer...unless we're on the road...then get out of the way...unless you're from New England...then get out of our state...unless you're Bruce Springsteen.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 PM

I'm sorry but I've tried so hard. I've tried desperately to continue the fight when all hope was gone, but I can't do it any more. I've thought so many times that there was hope, but now Ben has proved me wrong. There is no hope.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Bit with Ben on this one.
I've done what Scruffy has done in a few Forums i have joined deliberately to promote.
I've posted a few things and then started an Alizee thread in the 'Off Topic' section.
I've never hidden the fact. I've really just announced that i want to introduce other members to a French singer i've found.
I've never had a negative reaction yet. I've had members telling me that they think it's sh*t but never anyone 'getting at me' for joining the Forum for that particular reason?
Each to their own i suppose?
But the technique of doing this does work and even if we recruit one more fan isn't it worth it?

An example -

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5180

It's easy. It works. Just do it! Don't let them grind you down Scruffy!

Last edited by Junkmale; 11-07-2010 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: sp