Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
So because stereotyping Texans is "common" that makes it ok and "nothing to worry about"?
Well, what you said pretty much goes without saying. Personally, I think stereotyping in general shouldn't be taken to heart, because it's done so often, or maybe it's done often to me, and where I'm from. But this goes back to what you said, it's still not right. I don't think I ever said it was, did I?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
I don't think I ever said it was, did I?

Well thats why I deleted my post, I re-read yours, and understood that you were not saying its ok, you were just saying dont let it get to you
Old 11-07-2010, 08:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry but it's just so discouranging. Some one else wil have to take up the fight.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm sorry but it's just so discouraging. Some one else wil have to take up the fight.
Saying this from my personal experience. Don't take it as if it is your duty or you are forced to do so rather take it as a fun and you will be in better position.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm sorry but it's just so discouranging.
Scruffy, I was trying to provide some constructive criticism to make it less discouraging. Look at what Junkmale wrote. He's gone to forums, been open. Some people liked Alizée, some didn't. But he was never attacked or overly frustrated. I'm saying this to help. Again my golden rule: whatever you do should be fun. That way successful or not you won't regret doing it!

Edit: Merci kinda beat me to it!

Last edited by Ben; 11-07-2010 at 10:03 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Saying this from my personal experience. Don't take it as if it is your duty or you are forced to do so rather take it as a fun and you will be in better position.
That's good advice. Being a fan should be FUN! I'm currently having a lot of fun being an Alizée fan! I'm sure I'll cool off soon, but I'll always pop back in here, seeing as how I'll always listen to her music. I'm old enough so once I like an artist, I'll always like them.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 11-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

In an ideal world it should be fun, but there are too many ignorant people in this world. Too opposed to some ones music just because of where they are from as I feel this is the case here. So we run into a few people here in the case of the Texags forum, who are so quickly and ignorantly wanting to criticize Alizée. Not really representative of the people at Texas A&M. So do we let them discourage us in our endeavours? No way! They are just loud mouth bastards who dont know better.
We don't have much to encourage us these days. We've had little to encourage us from Alizée in the past few months. It would be very easy to give up the fight, but even me, who's been one of her biggest critics over the years will refuse to let that happen. As long as her career continues, I will believe in her and do what ever it takes to promote her.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
In an ideal world it should be fun, but there are too many ignorant people in this world. Too opposed to some ones music just because of where they are from as I feel this is the case here. So we run into a few people here in the case of the Texags forum, who are so quickly and ignorantly wanting to criticize Alizée. Not really representative of the people at Texas A&M. So do we let them discourage us in our endeavours? No way! They are just loud mouth bastards who dont know better.
We don't have much to encourage us these days. We've had little to encourage us from Alizée in the past few months. It would be very easy to give up the fight, but even me, who's been one of her biggest critics over the years will refuse to let that happen. As long as her career continues, I will believe in her and do what ever it takes to promote her.
It's not about working in non-ideal situation, rather it's about saving yourself from frustration. When I said that consider it as fun, I didn't mean that it would be fun for you automatically, rather you will have to make it so.

Why are you disappointed or frustrated? That's because you anticipate results for your hard work. If you do so, then that won't help. My advice would be that you just do your work and don't care about the results. This doesn't mean that you don't consider them. I mean that when you don't get success, then just think about it. See if you gain some experience with the last attempt and whether that experience can help in your efforts in future or not. After that simply forget it. If you get success then try to extend the same effort.

Your situation can't be worse than mine. At least you get chance to discuss with so many people. There is already a good base of dedicated fans here. I have to go alone and think about all these myself only. There were times when I used disappointed like you. Later I learned that this doesn't help at all. You will have to wait. It's not something that you can force. It's a slow process and there are always small effects.

Another important thing is involvement of others. I have said this in past and now also. Unless you involve other people also, it will be very steep task and you will have hard time doing so. Spend some time in thinking about how to utilize resources of this forum and the existing fan base to make it bigger and better.

Alizée Net Teams

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 11-08-2010 at 01:49 AM..
Old 11-08-2010, 02:49 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Scruffy I have seen no other fan more dedicated to promoting Alizee than you, and there are many dedicated fans. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have put your heart and sole into promoting Alizee with limited success.
An expectation is a planned disappointment. None of us have control over people, places or things. I doubt that I'm telling you anything that you don't already know, but sometimes in the heat of battle it is hard to see the forest for the trees. It is easy for me to say, just chill out and enjoy your strategies for promoting Alizee when I have not done 1/10th of what you have done to promote her. I do think the advice given by Ben and others to try to enjoy or be satisfied with your efforts as opposed to beating yourself up with seeing it as a failure would be the way to go. You have yourself in a losing position when you judge the results of your efforts or maybe have unrealistic expectations.
Easier said than done. I can be my own worst enemy.
It makes on sense to me, but percentage wise few people will ever get Alizee regardless where they are from including France.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Never fish in a swimming pool

Why try selling refrigerators to the Eskimos when there are people in the tropics with the money to buy them?

Forgive me for being redundant, but there remain untapped French-friendly venues right there in greater Boston to explore.

As every year, there will again be a Bastille Day celebration in Back Bay come next July. This will likely attract the biggest crowd of francophones and francophiles all year long. People there will be open to sampling French music, unlike random strangers on their way to some place else via the Boston Common on an arbitrary day.

In 2010, music programming for the event was provided by World Music/CRASHarts in Central Square, Cambridge. i assume they will again be tapped in 2011, but I cannot confirm this. A big event like this has to be organized many, many months in advance. If you want it to undertake something new, you should approach it at once.

They programmed live performances for the 2010 event. As far as I know, there was no arcade of booths manned by French music fans pimping their favorite artist. But that does not rule out adding such a feature to the event. If it can provide more value to fair-goers, or provide more revenue to fair organizers, and does not detract from existing positives of the fair, it is eminently possible.

Scruffy, contact these folks tomorrow and tell them you are an Alizée Jacotey fan who wants to lease booth space at the 2011 Bastille Day celebration in Back Bay to politely introduce people to Alizée. You can even tell them about your radio ad campaign to testify to your sincerity and willingness to sacrifice to make things happen. Just think - not only might you be able to turn more people onto Alizée, you might also make a bunch of local friends who share your interest! One day, the Metro Boston Alizée Fan Club might even raise enough money to sponsor its own program at the French Cultural Center.

Even if the fair arcade idea does not pan out, surely World Music/CRASHarts would be open to offer its paid professional services to promote Alizée music if it can separate enough of your money from you. They boast here and here
<blockquote><i>Since its launch in 1990, our mission has been to present the finest traditional and contemporary performing arts from around the world to the broadest possible audience...Over the last 20 years, the organization has presented more than 1500 concerts featuring more than 800 different artists, and remains steadfastly committed to its core mission of cultural exchange. Performers hailing from 70 different countries have brought their unique artistic and cultural expression to stages throughout greater Boston...</i></blockquote>