Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think if the sexuality had escalated as a result of further collaberation with MF/LB interest in Alizée would have died, especially if she became a "clone" of Mylene Farmer. For one thing, I think Mylene has dominated that image and that we don't need another one. I also think part of Alizée's appeal was that she was so squeaky-clean yet so "sexy", it was a very charming blend of traits. To take it to another, more explicit level would have killed her uniqueness.

Mylene may or may not have realized this.

I still think it would be interesting to see if Alizée could reach a compromise with the two and come out with another pop album, but she'd have full creative control and they'd just be there to make it happen. We'd have the magical sound of Laurent's music (I always thought he was the most fantastic composer), Mylene's songwriting skills, and Alizée's personality in one album - irrésistible!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-14-2011 at 09:47 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think if the sexuality had escalated as a result of further collaberation with MF/LB interest in Alizée would have died, especially if she became a "clone" of Mylene Farmer. For one thing, I think Mylene has dominated that image and that we don't need another one. I also think part of Alizée's appeal was that she was so squeaky-clean yet so "sexy", it was a very charming blend of traits. To take it to another, more explicit level would have killed her uniqueness.
I do agree that some of Alizée’s appeal did rely on the fact that she was both “sexy” and “squeaky-clean”, but this was the young Alizée. Myself, I am not convinced that infusing more graphic sex and more MF/LB libertine imagery in Alizée’s act would have hurt her popularity. She would have lost lots of old fans, but she would certainly have gained lots of new fans as well.

In pop music, the singer that is introduced as “clean” and then turns into a “sexier”, “dirtier” or “darker” singer is really quite common. Some singers have managed this transformation pretty well and I don’t see why it would have been impossible for Alizée to successfully transform that way.

Maybe it is difficult to believe that a sexier more libertine Alizée would have worked because most people who still like her today are obviously not after that kind of image, but I am really convinced that she would be selling millions of records today if she did become the new MF, and again, not so much in looks, but in the fundamental nature of the act. Also, I do not think the MF niche was or is saturated.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Maybe it is difficult to believe that a sexier more libertine Alizée would have worked because most people who still like her today are obviously not after that kind of image, but I am really convinced that she would be selling millions of records today if she did become the new MF, and again, not so much in looks, but in the fundamental nature of the act. Also, I do not think the MF niche was or is saturated.
The thing is, that's just not Alizée. That isn't the type of music or image she likes or wants anymore. It would have been a huge act, a lot of work, and her heart would not have been in it. Add the fact that she is raising a famiily.....

Now, it works for Mylene because her work IS her life, and that image and type of music IS her. The fact she transposed a younger version of herself onto young girl name Alizée for a couple of albums is great, it worked out for everyone. When Lilly became a woman, a woman nothing like Mylene... there was no longer a point to it.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-16-2011, 06:49 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
...In pop music, the singer that is introduced as “clean” and then turns into a “sexier”, “dirtier” or “darker” singer is really quite common. Some singers have managed this transformation pretty well and I don’t see why it would have been impossible for Alizée to successfully transform that way.
As I said before, the problem is that this evolution was really hard to do for her, cause she already began in the " sexy" class, more or less with her consent...
"Clean" singers grown-up , and become sexier in a rebellion act.
The rebellion act of Alizée was to escape from Mylène influence, and to weaken the sexy image for a more artistic image...
Closed Thread