Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
No, Euphoria does not know Alizee, but Euphoria does know me.
I know, you're so close you confused her for Alizée
Old 02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I know, you're so close you confused her for Alizée

I thought this section was not for person digs at members ? Someone tell me if I am wrong for thinking that.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
LOL, you're joking right? Pretty sure Mylene has sold over 25 million albums worldwide and holds the record of number one hits in France, breaking her own record. She is one of the most successful artists of all time in France.

The problem with Alizee in the US is that Americans are just too stuck up for French songs. If she wants to be successful in the US (which I don't think she does, personally) she would have to record a completely English album. Seriously.
I'm not going to bash Mylene's accomplishments to make Alizee's look better. Mylene may be the big fish in France, but she is nowhere to be seen in the U.S. I am positive that if Alizee got any airplay in the U.S. during her prime, she would have been a big star despite the language barrier. And capturing a small part of the 300 million consumer market in the U.S. would crush what Mylene did in France. Mylene could never cross over into the U.S. market.
And do not generalize and say Americans would not accept a French singer. This forum is filled with American fans of Alizee! Problem is, the corporate media control what we see and hear, so most Americans will never be exposed to Alizee without some effort by her management and fans. Almost everyone I know who has seen a video link that I posted has been immediately enamored with her. It's not just Alizee's beauty because there are plenty of sexy pole dancers that pass themselves off as singers in the U.S. that fail to gain any interest. Alizee has the presence and the voice too. There are 2 kinds of Americans - Alizee fans and people who don't know of Alizee yet.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I look at it this way...

If Alizee was serious about her music career, she would fix the broken links on her website so where you can buy the music. Goes to show you she does not even look at her website.

2nd we would be getting monthly newsletters that she has a sign-up for...have you received one?

She would list her old albums she made on her website for new fans to discover. But since she is not getting royalty checks from that, I guess I would not have that on my website too...

She would write her fans or tweet back to them like other artists do. How many hand written letters, emails, myspace, facebook and twitter posts have us the fans done and not one person gets a response back.

Sooooo.... again we are back to Alizee does what she wants and that is that...
Wow. I completely forgot about the subscription thing. And her website hasn't changed at all? Damn.

And I also didn't know that she doesn't get royalty checks anymore. What's the reason for that? No longer with the same labels or some random reason?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:29 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I look at it this way...

If Alizee was serious about her music career, she would fix the broken links on her website so where you can buy the music. Goes to show you she does not even look at her website.

2nd we would be getting monthly newsletters that she has a sign-up for...have you received one?

She would list her old albums she made on her website for new fans to discover. But since she is not getting royalty checks from that, I guess I would not have that on my website too...

She would write her fans or tweet back to them like other artists do. How many hand written letters, emails, myspace, facebook and twitter posts have us the fans done and not one person gets a response back.

Sooooo.... again we are back to Alizee does what she wants and that is that...
Does Mylene Farmer get all of the royalties from Alizee's work with her? I'm sure Alizee still gets a portion of the royalties since it is her voice on those songs. That would make me sad knowing that Alizee really was a child slave under Mylene. No wonder Alizee broke her chains and escaped from that slave owner, Mylene.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
I think Alizee is more popular in the huge U.S. market today than Mylene ever was or could hope to be
I don't think I'd say either of them has much of a fanbase in the States, however I'd probably say Mylene would still have an advantage even here. Don't think either one will venture their way over though as I know one has already had the opportunity and I'm sure the other has too.

Quote:
If there was ever a foreign artist who could break into the U.S. charts with a non-English song like Nena did in the 80s, I'd put all my money on Alizee.
I think I'd put my money on Rammstein, Korpiklaani, or Yelle as they have all had successful stateside tours, and I know Rammstein still gets airplay here.

Regards.

Jung

Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Not only that but I think Alizee doesn't even want to come to America. She has had several chances, we've inquired her about it, and still she has made no move to promote here.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Mňau ^_^

Even so, if both Mylene and Alizée made a move i'm pretty sure Mylene would be the one on top. I'd much rather have Alizée but still...

Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum Joe NY.
I too am mainly a fan of her first two albums. I thought there was only one very good song on Psych (PLP). I thought UEDS did a better job of bringing out the beauty of her voice, but I still never got the urge to listen to these songs over and over again as I did with her first two albums.
I agree that Alizee could have been huge in the U.S. market, if only Mylene had done a better job of re-writing some of her songs from French into English. It appears to have been her only short coming in an other wise immensely talented career.

Quote:
.................... Mylene can groom 100 teen girls to sing the songs she produced for Alizee, and I highly doubt they could ever reach the appeal of Alizee? ..................... Alizee put Mylene Farmer on the map for me, not the other way around.
............. But singing is only half of the equation to good music.
...............Another avenue that I wish Alizee would pursue is acting. I always thought she would make the perfect James Bond girl.
As far as singing being only half the equation, as far as her first 2 albums, it was only 1/3 of the equation and each third of that equation were all equaly important parts, Alizee's singing, LB's music and MF's lyrics. But more importantly, these 3 talents seemed to be perect for one another. Resulting in an end product that went far beyond what you would normally find after combining 3 people of who had such good talents.

Some people may love the music of CM, but I think this group of fans at best, is a very small niche market. Alizee needed a much bigger market to find the success she needs. Plus I felt from the git-go that this group was not a good fit for her voice and it doomed this album from the begining. I hate to beat a dead horse, but that's something a good manager should have realized.

You are right about the choice of Alizee over other girls, there is a certain specialness to her, a certain uniqueness to her, that made her the perfect girl for the job.

I have to disagree with you about Alizee putting Mylene Farmer on the map. Almost 4 years ago, I read that MF was the most successful femal singer in French history and that was true even before she met Alizee. In fact just last year, at the age of 49 she released another album that was a huge success and she went on a tour that sold out every concert.

As far as acting, if Alizee really had any inklings of moving in that direction, I think she shot herself in the foot when she got the tatoos on her arm, wrist in back. The ones on her arm and wrist were very loving, very sweet gestures towards her family, but I think they crippled her chances of ever being asked to appear in some movie role.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-04-2011 at 03:31 AM..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Mňau ^_^

There's always make up to cover up the tattoos, no? I'm sure plenty of actors have tattoos that are covered in for the movies.