Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-27-2011, 04:00 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Judging by the best-selling music today, I think it will be bittersweet for Alizee fans if she does ever top the music charts again. Like you said, her hit-making sound will be alien to her loyal fans. My worst nightmare is to see a Lady Gaga version of Alizee. I'd much rather have a moderately successful album that resembles her early work with Mylene.

If Alizee is determined to stick with music and wants to do it her way, I will go back to an earlier idea and suggest she do an album of cover songs that she can pick and choose. She would not have to worry about composing tunes and lyrics. With a strong, well-established hit, her voice is the only component she needs to make it a success instead of trying to discover that hip new sound. Judging by her previous cover versions (e.g., La Isla Bonita, Ella Elle L'a), she will prove to record labels that she still has a great voice to go along with her beauty. With a few TV appearances, she'll be back in the spotlight soon enough.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
Judging by the best-selling music today, I think it will be bittersweet for Alizee fans if she does ever top the music charts again. Like you said, her hit-making sound will be alien to her loyal fans. My worst nightmare is to see a Lady Gaga version of Alizee. I'd much rather have a moderately successful album that resembles her early work with Mylene.

If Alizee is determined to stick with music and wants to do it her way, I will go back to an earlier idea and suggest she do an album of cover songs that she can pick and choose. She would not have to worry about composing tunes and lyrics. With a strong, well-established hit, her voice is the only component she needs to make it a success instead of trying to discover that hip new sound. Judging by her previous cover versions (e.g., La Isla Bonita, Ella Elle L'a), she will prove to record labels that she still has a great voice to go along with her beauty. With a few TV appearances, she'll be back in the spotlight soon enough.
Hey JoeNY. I think you might have misunderstood me. What I tried to say before was if she decided to switch to a type of music that was totally alien to her current fan base, if that's what would make her happy, we would be fully supportive.

But if she continues along the same line as she has been, as much as I've criticitized her, I firmly believe she has what it takes to make it back near if not to, the top of the charts.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:04 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post

I hope she could revive her career the way Kylie Minouge did. Although it was easier for KM since she's Australian and sings in English, I think Alizee can take a page or two from her. Maybe a little less provocative than KM. It wouldn't be a shock for her fans since she started it with Moi..Lolita. It's more like going back to her roots like you said.
I like Alizee do more cover songs as well. She proved that she could do them very well with LIB, Il Jouait Du Piano Debout and others. (Speaking of Il Joouait...I can't believe I just found out about this video a couple of days ago. It's now one of my favorite Alizee performances and have been watching it like a hundred times a day trying to make up for the lost time).
I suggested a tv show as well as this would give her steady income, a platform to keep her on public's minds as well as an audience to promote her new singles/albums in the future. She is telegenic and has a pleasing personality for a tv host. This is something that, IMO she really has to take into consideration. I know a couple of tv hosts from a so-called "third world country" that make millions of dollars (That's right. US dollars!) a year. And France is definitely not a third world country.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Let me tell you something I am prepared to do as far as her career. I don't really know if her career is in any need of any financial support, but I am prepared to offer her $50,000 if it does. Can I afford that? Not really. I own a 94 Chevy S10 pick up that looks every bit of it's age. Last year I kept the thermostat in my house set at 50 degrees. This year I got a little greedy and boosted it up to 52.

I don't know if this is a drop in the bucket to what she needs, but if it can help, I hope she or someone from her camp will let me know.

There are only two things I ask in return. To present her with a check in person for the sole reason of knowing that she knows about it. The other thing is I would want to get a return of my money if the album makes money. If it doesn't, then c'est la vie. All she needs to do is let me know. Nobody else need know about it.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Investing in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Can I afford that? Not really. I own a 94 Chevy S10 pick up that looks every bit of it's age. Last year I kept the thermostat in my house set at 50 degrees. This year I got a little greedy and boosted it up to 52.
No one who cannot afford to lose his investment should put money into show business! The return rate is so volatile it makes junk bonds look like T-bills.

I am not trying to insult anyone, but few people want a business partner who is emotionally needy and potentially unreasonable - even if they live in another country. Any statement which might even HINT at such a thing is almost surely a deal killer.

At the same time, I should like to point out that the spending habits of US millionaire households came as an enormous surprise to the business school professor authors of the best-selling book The Millionaire Next Door. Millionaires not only show enormous self-control - including in their high savings rate - they also PERSONALLY live well BELOW their means.

(I will not say anything about my own finances, but when I retired my Accord the other year, it was 27 model years old - older than Alizée, LOL. But my winter thermostat is set at 60F - it is not so costly to do that in the deep South.)

Quote:
Let me tell you something I am prepared to do as far as her career. I don't really know if her career is in any need of any financial support, but I am prepared to offer her $50,000 if it does...

I don't know if this is a drop in the bucket to what she needs, but if it can help, I hope she or someone from her camp will let me know.

There are only two things I ask in return. To present her with a check in person for the sole reason of knowing that she knows about it. The other thing is I would want to get a return of my money if the album makes money. If it doesn't, then c'est la vie. All she needs to do is let me know. Nobody else need know about it.
This sounds a lot like the premise of the poll I conducted last August at POLL... - How much would you invest in Wisteria Song? (as a NON-voting shareholder)

Eight of the ten respondents offered non-zero amounts, most of these naming 50 Euros. However, two parties offered 1000+ Euros. The total pledged in anonymity was 2750+ Euros - almost in excess of four thousand US dollars. For a single album, $4,000 is not a big investment, but $50,000 is one.

I have no idea if Wisteria Song would welcome a no-hassle, SILENT partner. But their postal address is no secret and an offer letter drafted by an ATTORNEY might well receive serious consideration if an investment was welcome.

Finally, I will observe we know that Alizée's entourage is kind enough to meet at their convenience with the respectful reps of a fan club for half an hour to autograph a mere 1000 Euros worth of CDs. Draw your own conclusions.
<br>The Producers (1968)<br><br><object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/pL7ijc_cS50?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/pL7ijc_cS50?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-27-2011 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: link to book
Old 02-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let me tell you something I am prepared to do as far as her career. I don't really know if her career is in any need of any financial support, but I am prepared to offer her $50,000 if it does. Can I afford that?
That's all well and good but you know she couldn't accept that kind money from a fan whether she needed it or not. Even if she was expected to pay it back with the success of her album she wouldn't take your money. I mean if she ever did need that kind of money she would just get a loan from a bank.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Not "specifically for that photo", but I found this thread about Alizée in TECHNIKART Magazine.

It's from before I joined, of course. And I know little-to-nothing about Madonna, so I never realised this before. I just happened to stumble upon the Madonna picture this morning.
I followed the link and spotted this portion of her interview"

Quote:
Mika, "Relax (Take It Easy)"
"I sang this song at Les Enfoirés, with Christophe Maé, Patrick Fiori and Nolwenn Leroy. Les Enfoirés is very exclusive. I did it in 2001, when I was 16, and have done it four times since then. It's the exclusive club of French showbiz and French variété. A big change from Institubes. I want to make this big change, even though in France it can be complicated. Still, it's good to be interested in a bit of everything."
It's funny, I've read it before, but this time it sunk in.

Watch the choices she is making (and not making) with this in mind.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Rev, I am not quite sure what you are implying here, but just so you know, the original TECHNIKART article does not refer to a “big change” but rather to a “grand écart” that should be understood as a “wide range”, meaning, Alizée is claiming that les Enfoirés is something completely different from Institubes and she wants to make this stretch and cover a wide range of musical styles. So, if you are implying that she wants to make a big change in her musical style, she might, but I don’t think this is what she intended to say with that particular comment.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

... So Alizée doesn't seek a "big change", she wants to show her skills in a "wide range" of styles and settings. That's very nice, but not as thrilling.

Scruffy may have scored another good point here in saying that Lili's level of commitment with Les Enfoirés may actually be hindering the rest of her career!

Then again, maybe not. Maybe the direction she envisions herself heading in means becoming a TV personality or presenter or something in the coming years. If that's her goal (instead of trying to compete again as an international singing superstar) then doing Les Enfoirés seems perfect.

Either way, I'm definitely not saying or implying against Les Enfoirés here, nor am I speaking against her being in it - It's a very good group doing good work for a very worthy cause! I'm just echoing and elucidating on what Scruffy said. It DOES limit what else she can accomplish during an average month or year. And, oddly, in spite of the "wide range" of musical styles involved, and in spite of the versatility these performers display, Les Enf's still seems just a little limiting. Almost like she's happier being "the big fish in the little pool" than one that's trying to leap over an ocean.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:36 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Rev, I am not quite sure what you are implying here, but just so you know, the original TECHNIKART article does not refer to a “big change” but rather to a “grand écart” that should be understood as a “wide range”, meaning, Alizée is claiming that les Enfoirés is something completely different from Institubes and she wants to make this stretch and cover a wide range of musical styles. So, if you are implying that she wants to make a big change in her musical style, she might, but I don’t think this is what she intended to say with that particular comment.
Maybe that is why I did not "pick up on this" before.

However, Google gives two different definitions (and of course we all know they are the expert with regards to the "windy one"). One is "wide gap" and the other is "splits." Are you sure that range is what is implied rather than shift, or that range would be defined exactly as we would use the word?