Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
This is "toc de mac"!!
The Lo...Li...Ta part says otherwise.

Her magic power is so incredibly strong the effects still lingers in the air around the world, creating these fan-forums, I see it now!

Last edited by Naft; 03-03-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 01:01 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would say that Alizée was provocative even for French standards. In the US, this level of provocative is probably closer to “unacceptable”. I have quite a few French friends and colleagues and the general consensus is that Alizée was provocative, but never in an unacceptable way. In this particular case, the France-US difference is mainly on what is acceptable or not, I believe. For example, French people who see the overtly sexual content of ML, will rarely be offended by it, compared to Americans. This is all generally speaking, of course.

I think you might not be going as deep/dark/occult as I do, but I am happy to see that at least one AAm member has a mindset relatively close to mine. Maybe I am not alone here... ... ... LB could indeed be considered as a mad scientist performing experiments with controversial concepts and exploring the darkest aspects of human nature. Actually, I would say “unconventional” and “occult”, rather than “mad”. “Heavily hypnotized” is not exactly what I am thinking of, but I suppose this is close enough.

Concerning the contributions of MF and Alizée, I would say they were basically “actresses” in front of the camera while LB was the “director” behind it. Actors can certainly inspire a director and influence certain aspect of the production, but I think the fundamental concepts are the director’s vision. Maybe this is too simplistic, but I think it is pretty close to the truth.

Edit:

This is "toc de mac"!!

I am sure you just meant this as a light-hearted addition to this thread, but to me, this simple video really brings out what the concept was all about since there was obviously a facet that was linked to mass suggestion and manipulation. Alizée was more than charming and enchanting, she was also bewitching (ensorcelling). There was a definite and effective mass manipulation operation going on.
Yes Corsaire your understanding of mind control techniques and their practical applications far exceeds my knowledge on these matters and my terminologies are probably misplaced or down right inaccurate. I am a novice about these techniques. Very interesting subject matter to me none the less. By the way my description of LB as the mad scientist was for descriptive effect and made in jest. In other words he is the director and the major creator of MF and Alizee in my humble opinion also. I also understand that hypnotism is just one technique when discussing mind control. That there are varying degrees of hypnotic states.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Yes Corsaire your understanding of mind control techniques and their practical applications far exceeds my knowledge on these matters and my terminologies are probably misplaced or down right inaccurate. I am a novice about these techniques. Very interesting subject matter to me none the less. By the way my description of LB as the mad scientist was for descriptive effect and made in jest. In other words he is the director and the major creator of MF and Alizee in my humble opinion also. I also understand that hypnotism is just one technique when discussing mind control. That there are varying degrees of hypnotic states.
pepe, actually, I really like the way you did put it in your previous post. I think you expressed something that is quite close to my ideas in a way that is easier to digest for anyone who’s not accustomed to these topics. So, good stuff, really.

LB as a “mad scientist”... Did that ever generate interesting images in my mind!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
The Lo...Li...Ta part says otherwise.
Naft, I was not referring to the song but rather to the Corsican expression "toc de mac" which can be loosely translated to something like: awesome, terrific...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
Her magic power is so incredibly strong the effects still lingers in the air around the world, creating these fan-forums, I see it now!

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-03-2011 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Naft, I was not referring to the song but rather to the Corsican expression "toc de mac" which can be loosely translated to something like: awesome, terrific...
Oh, right, my bad! I remember (I think it was in a Fun TV interview) where they asked what it means and it translated to "All is well".. Might've gotten that confused with something else though, like some member here saying it.

*Edit*

Is it a phrase commonly used, or is it a phrase used mainly on Corsica with some fans of her (or relatives, seeing as the forum I'm writing this on, the former seems more plausible) "adapting" to it?

Last edited by Naft; 03-03-2011 at 04:24 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours!

You scratch my back
...and I'll scratch yours!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Beautiful recursion you got going there, FDAF!

Edit:

Quote:
LB as a “mad scientist”... Did that ever generate interesting images in my mind!

Last edited by Corsaire; 11-28-2011 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Edit:

Hillarious Corsaire. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Wink Wingectomy?

Quote:
Almost - did you notice that Tink is wingless? I was too lazy to repair the botched job the artist did and simply embedded his work.

BTW, when Alizée lost her wings in her horrible REAL-LIFE traffic accident, I helped start a campaign to avoid future tragedies! (And I hope you won't claim she was hit by an MP3 player.)
Old 03-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. I mean, I can see the similarities but, I tend to notice more re-used Mylene moves than anything.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM

Wink Stretching even further!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. I mean, I can see the similarities but, I tend to notice more re-used Mylene moves than anything.
You perhaps know that Peter Pan's shadow makes an important appearance in the play about him, when it has become detached from him and Tinkerbell's rival Wendy sews it back on.

In the music video for JPVA, the barely-lit troupe of dancers which copy all of Alizée's dance moves function as multiple shadows of her.

I will leave it to numerologists to divine any mystical meaning in the number of dancers.

This is as good a time as any to warn everyone NEVER to play JPVA and MJ next to one another. I will explain.

Previously, I have pointed out that Coca-Cola is the descendant of Corsica's once-renowned Vin Mariani. Further, I've reminded people that Coke, alleged to be Alizée's favorite drink, appears in Mademoiselle Juliette..

Now, please notice that since JPVA contains an aspirin pill, mixiing the two songs can lead to desire consequences, as attested by the often-recited urban legend which states:
If you mix Coca-Cola and aspirin and then drink the concoction, it will take you into a state of euphoria and alter your perceptions enough that you can get arrested for driving under the influence.

I hope that Euphoria, of all people. takes note of this!

And if any more support attesting to this phenomena is needed, one can audit the words of the late Jean Shepherd, recorded from WOR radio in New York City during 1967. (Seek roughly to 18? minutes and then 28? minutes for the relevant content.) You have been warned!!!