Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Ehh, like I said before, I don't think Alizee sings very passionately. Now, I only think that because she didn't write the songs. I think if she were writing lyrics, the songs would sound more passionate because they'd be extremely personal. Nevertheless, both are very nice songs and Coeur deja pris is one of my favorites.

You could be right. I'm not sure. I agree that a singer who writes her own music would probably sing a lot more passionately about something he or she wrote, but I still feel there's a lot of passion in her voice. I'm certainly no expert on music. I'd like to hear what others think though.l
Old 03-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I don't think necessarily that in order for someone to sing with passion that it has to be their own lyrics. But don't get me wrong, there would be much more passion singing with their own lyrics.

But in Alizee's case, I think that since the lyrics fit her and there is a double meaning to the lyrics, she sings with a lot of passion still.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:26 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I listen to Enconcert versions of Tempete and Lou ou Toi the most. Both very beautiful songs. I have recently started listening to Coeur deja Pris and I agree it is a very beautiful also. Alizee does very well with slow ballads. The tone of her voice really stands out in these and just about every song she has ever performed for that matter. Her voice is so soft that it is hard to hear the intricacies of her range when there is a great deal of background instrumentation. I think that is what I appreciate when she sings Tempete etc. Her voice is the main instrument.There are many female singers with a stronger voice than Alizee, but she makes up for lack of power with that distinctive tone that is indescribable and surprising range.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:30 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I listen to Enconcert versions of Tempete and Lou ou Toi the most. Both very beautiful songs. I have recently started listening to Coeur deja Pris and I agree it is a very beautiful also. Alizee does very well with slow ballads. The tone of her voice really stands out in these and just about every song she has ever performed for that matter. Her voice is so soft that it is hard to hear the intricacies of her range when there is a great deal of background instrumentation. I think that is what I appreciate when she sings Tempete etc. Her voice is the main instrument.There are many female singers with a stronger voice than Alizee, but she makes up for lack of power with that distinctive tone that is indescribable and surprising range.
I could not agree more, nor could I have said it any better!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:45 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I think she sings more with feeling rather than passion in many songs. In fact, this is one of the things I like most about her singing. Her voice radiates the peace she naturally imbues each song with.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I think she sings more with feeling rather than passion in many songs. In fact, this is one of the things I like most about her singing. Her voice radiates the peace she naturally imbues each song with.
It could be either or for that matter and are probably the key ingredients that captivates Alizee fans about her voice. (passion vs feelings). I also agree that there is a peace and an innocense that may account for that award winning tone in her voice. It is very hard to describe or disect further than this for me. Tempete exemplifies all of Alizee qualities in my opinion. One of my favorite parts of Enconcert Tempete is the shot of her still sitting in the shoe and she slightly cocks her head and the look out of her eyes is one of intelligence, intensity with a hint of innocense and appreciation for the crowd. It is such a natural moment when she is not particularily performing and being spontaneous that is so special to me.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 AM

I totally agree Pepelepew. When the camera zooms in on her face and her eyes are closed while she keeps those amazing notes steady, I just die from her beauty and the melodic vibrations of every note she hits My goodness, I rarely watch En Concert Tempete, but man I'll definitely watch it more from now on. I also like when she steps down from the shoe and the crowd cheers her on while she smiles in appreciation for them like Pepelepew described. An amazing performance
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I totally agree Pepelepew. When the camera zooms in on her face and her eyes are closed while she keeps those amazing notes steady, I just die from her beauty and the melodic vibrations of every note she hits My goodness, I rarely watch En Concert Tempete, but man I'll definitely watch it more from now on. I also like when she steps down from the shoe and the crowd cheers her on while she smiles in appreciation for them like Pepelepew described. An amazing performance
All of Alizee's facial expressions are precious and she is so expressive with them. It is always obvious she is focused on the song she is singing as well as responding to the crowd through a simple smile or eye contact. She is very complex Aaronius.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 PM

She is indeed Sorry I'm having one of those "I LOVE ALIZEE!!!" moments hehe. Anyway, carry on everyone...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Wow. Dead on. Nice post.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Tags
tempete