Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-14-2011, 01:07 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
No. It's actually pretty raunchy and I don't think its appropriate.
Concerning the penis reference

I’m not saying you are wrong about this, but until proven otherwise, your assertion is gratuitous. If you still want to make the point without hurting AAm’s members’ virgin ears, you can PM me the pertinent information and if your demonstration is convincing, I will post a note (without the “inappropriate” details, of course) in the present thread attesting to the fact that J.B.G. does indeed contain direct references to a penis.

Just to make things clear, I have no problem with J.B.G. lyrics being about a penis (I am the first one to point out sexual references in Alizée’s work), but lets not just assert facts without any support whatsoever.

Concerning raunchiness on AAm

So, if I understood well, it is appropriate to point out the “SO OBVIOUS” (your capitalization) reference to a penis in J.B.G.’s lyrics, but it is inappropriate to discuss that “so obvious” matter because it is too raunchy... Well, if it is both “so obvious” and “too raunchy” for AAm, maybe we should ask that no J.B.G. lyrics be posted on these forums and that we should all refrain from discussing the song’s or the choreography's meaning.

[Beware, the paragraph below contains topics that Alizée sang about]
These days, kids on the Internet are openly discussing a movie about a mad German doctor surgically connecting people “anus-to-mouth” in an attempt to create a human centipede. This is the reality we live in now. Wouldn’t it be time that AAm forums and its members, as a whole, start to grow up and realize that the sexual content in Alizée’s work was blatant, manufactured and a very important part of the concept? An Alizée fan forum not at ease with discussing sexual topics is just plain ridiculous and rather hypocritical. When it concerns Alizée and her work, AAm forums often feel like one has to try to comfort a 7 year old who just overheard his parents having sex. Alizée did sing songs that refer to sex in general, to masturbation, fellatio, teen and/or pedophilic sex, bleeding after lost of virginity... To claim that pointing out to a penis reference in one of her song is inappropriate is quite frankly laughable.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The song of Alizee's that I think might have the strongest case for being called raunchy would be Moi Lolita.

I think Gourmandises might be right up there with ML as far as sexual content is concerned. I might post about this soon, if time permits...

Last edited by Corsaire; 05-14-2011 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I've reached a conclusion about the lyrics to J.B.G. AND the big shoe from En Concert...<br><br><br><br><br>
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Concerning the penis reference

I’m not saying you are wrong about this, but until proven otherwise, your assertion is gratuitous. If you still want to make the point without hurting AAm’s members’ virgin ears, you can PM me the pertinent information and if your demonstration is convincing, I will post a note (without the “inappropriate” details, of course) in the present thread attesting to the fact that J.B.G. does indeed contain direct references to a penis.

Just to make things clear, I have no problem with J.B.G. lyrics being about a penis (I am the first one to point out sexual references in Alizée’s work), but lets not just assert facts without any support whatsoever.

Concerning raunchiness on AAm

So, if I understood well, it is appropriate to point out the “SO OBVIOUS” (your capitalization) reference to a penis in J.B.G.’s lyrics, but it is inappropriate to discuss that “so obvious” matter because it is too raunchy... Well, if it is both “so obvious” and “too raunchy” for AAm, maybe we should ask that no J.B.G. lyrics be posted on these forums and that we should all refrain from discussing the song’s or the choreography's meaning.

These days, kids on the Internet are openly discussing a movie about a mad German doctor surgically connecting people “anus-to-mouth” in an attempt to create a human centipede. This is the reality we live in now. Wouldn’t it be time that AAm forums and its members, as a whole, start to grow up and realize that the sexual content in Alizée’s work was blatant, manufactured and a very important part of the concept? An Alizée fan forum not at ease with discussing sexual topics is just plain ridiculous and rather hypocritical. When it concerns Alizée and her work, AAm forums often feel like one has to try to comfort a 7 year old who just overheard his parents having sex. Alizée did sing songs that refer to sex in general, to masturbation, fellatio, teen and/or pedophilic sex, bleeding after lost of virginity... To claim that pointing out to a penis reference in one of her song is inappropriate is quite frankly laughable.

Edit:

I think Gourmandises might be right up there with ML as far as sexual content is concerned. I might post about this soon, if time permits...
I totally agree. It's something that has always bothered me, but I didn't want to offend anyone. It's been hard for me to find a decent translation, so I did my own. The more I read it, I don't think the whole song is a reference to a penis but there are definitely some raunchy puns in there. Maybe I just have a dirty mind.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
[B]

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. As much as I'd like to be able to discuss the inner meanings of these songs, I realize we have a lot of young fans who post and probably several more who just watch and they are an important reason why this forum is still here.

It's true that it's a different world out there. Kids are growing up, maturing, learning the facts of life at a much earlier age than a lot of us older members did. Still there are, I'm quite sure several young people who had no idea what these song "may" have meant and though we may be quite sure as to what Mylene is capable of and was probably trying to say in these songs, I personnaly wouldn't want to be the one to tell these younger members who originally thought they were just hearing beautiful songs, what really lurked below the surface.

Even if Mylene Farmer came out and said that all these songs had raunchy meanings to them and proceeded to give us the true meanings of each song, I still wouldn't feel comfortable discussing that with youthful members looking on. I don't want to take the chance of corrupting any young members here. If they are to find out how sordid something like that "might" possibly be, it wont be from me.

That's one reason I haven't fully revealed my feelings about the red shoe. FandeAlifee was very close in his post but missed an important element. I could be completely wrong in my feelings about this and might look like a fool (again) if everyone thought I was wrong about it. But that's not why I don't reveal my feelings. I've been wrong many times before and another mistake wouldn't bother me. The thing that keeps me from posting it is I don't want younger members hearing it first from me.

One last point I'd like to make, though I'm sure Alizee knew some of the hidden meanings, I'm sure she didn't know all of them. Too many people here seem to portray here as being beyond just a mortal. Being all wise, all knowing. No! She was just a beautiful young woman who may have learned a lot in her early years, but still had a lot to learn.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that I'm one of the younger members people seem to tiptoe around when it comes to these sexual topics.

I daresay that I speak for a lot of people when I say that while I am certain Mylene hid quite a lot of sexual innuendos and allegories in Alizee's songs, it really doesn't at all influence my original opinion of the song.

For instance, I really like J'en Ai Marre! simply because it sounds nice and the lyrics are cute and amusing taken at face value. Then I learned that a lot of those cute lyrics could also be seen as metaphors for masturbation or some such imagery. However, even as a kid I realize that it's really all in the eye of the beholder, and if I still see the song as a nice account of a girl who's fed up with the negativity in the world around her, that's what it is. That's the beauty of music, the meanings can be subjective and in the end, no matter the real reason a song is written, it can be adapted to have a unique personal meaning to the listener.

Likewise, there is no "real" black-or-white meaning behind the alleged sexual Alizee songs and it doesn't make any difference either way, although the songs can be also good and mean something to a person with a different mindset and opinions like you guys.

Another example, but with a movie: if you've ever seen Shrek, you probably know that there are a lot of funny parts for the kids, but just as many "grown-up" jokes too (for instance, when Shrek and Donkey arrive at Lord Farquaad's castle, Shrek notices its gargantuan size and remarks "Do you think he's compensating for something?"). When I first saw Shrek at the age of six or seven those adult jokes flew right over my head, but the movie was and is a beloved symbol of my childhood. Then, I watched it again not long ago, and suddenly I finally got those jokes that I didn't understand before. It made the movie funny in a new way, but I still consider it to be a fond childhood memory and nothing more than that.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 05-15-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
THANK you

Quote:
It's true that it's a different world out there. Kids are growing up, maturing, learning the facts of life at a much earlier age than a lot of us older members did. Still there are, I'm quite sure several young people who had no idea what these song "may" have meant and though we may be quite sure as to what Mylene is capable of and was probably trying to say in these songs, I personnaly wouldn't want to be the one to tell these younger members who originally thought they were just hearing beautiful songs, what really lurked below the surface.

Even if Mylene Farmer came out and said that all these songs had raunchy meanings to them and proceeded to give us the true meanings of each song, I still wouldn't feel comfortable discussing that with youthful members looking on. I don't want to take the chance of corrupting any young members here. If they are to find out how sordid something like that "might" possibly be, it wont be from me.
Chil'rens are becoming more savvy even earlier these days. Anything you can say, any viewing chillinz have probably already heard it before.
For instance, only an hour ago I told my sister that I ate the last of the pineapple (apparently her being in her room for a few hours means "don't eat the pineapple I want some but I'll come down later so don't eat any of it") and she told me to "suck on a shit".

And as for corrupting the young members here, methinks Azhiri is already pretty savvy, Matt hasn't been here in AGES, I'm surprised I haven't been studied yet, and any unregistered chillinz have greater things to worry about on the internet scaring them than metaphorical penises and finger-banging sessions in foreign songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I daresay that I speak for a lot of people when I say that while I am certain Mylene hid quite a lot of sexual innuendos and allegories in Alizee's songs, it really doesn't at all influence my original opinion of the song.

For instance, I really like J'en Ai Marre! simply because it sounds nice and the lyrics are cute and amusing taken at face value. Then I learned that a lot of those cute lyrics could also be seen as metaphors for masturbation or some such imagery. However, even as a kid I realize that it's really all in the eye of the beholder, and if I still see the song as a nice account of a girl who's fed up with the negativity in the world around her, that's what it is. That's the beauty of music, the meanings can be subjective and in the end, no matter the real reason a song is written, it can be adapted to have a unique personal meaning to the listener.

Likewise, there is no "real" black-or-white meaning behind the alleged sexual Alizee songs and it doesn't make any difference either way, although the songs can be also good and mean something to a person with a different mindset and opinions like you guys.
THANK you

Quote:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQECeV5nwzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
THANK you
Old 05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

I created a specific thread for anyone interested in further discussing this issue:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6382

(I know you probably already had enough Jalen, but let say, for other members who want to further discuss this...)

Maybe the last few posts should be moved over to that new thread.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
I've reached a conclusion about the lyrics to J.B.G. AND the big shoe from En Concert

The only problem with your model, Docteur, is that I usually approach topics from the bottom...

Last edited by Corsaire; 05-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I said before, I'd really would like to know the true meanings of these songs, but not at all costs. The danger of discussing it in this forum is we only have a few members who have a good knowledge of the French language and we have to trust in these individuals that their interpretations are right. The only one who truely knows is MF and though we may have some very educated opinions on the subject, we could really never know for sure unless she told us what she meant.

We could have other members here come along, let's say Joe Schmo who knows a limited amount of French who might do a lot of research on the internet about the lyrics in a particular song and come up with a conclusion that Alizee is saying she wants to sleep with her dad and in the bottom of their heart, might truely believe that and other members might propose interpretations that might seem outlandish, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so once you open up that door, you better be prepared for whatever walks through.

Most of us with our limited knowledge of the language would be hard pressed to refute claims that are made and in the process Alizee's image is sullied. I'm sure most of us know there were inner meanings to these songs, most, if not all of a sexual nature, but maybe for Alizee's sake, it should be left at that and again for her sake, we should be spared the sordid details. For in the end, what real good will it do us and at what cost?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-15-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I look at it this way;

Enjoy the song for how it sounds, or analyze it until all you can see and hear is a collection of unnaturally-placed clichés and metaphors and rhetorical devices and crap in one unnatural ensemble for the purpose of selling a risqué song that people can over-analyze rather than enjoy.

Now in case you haven't noticed, I'm not one for retaining ignorance, but really... are your worlds going to change if you understand the "true" (non-existant. art is interpretation) meaning of a song written almost a decade ago?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As I said before, I'd really would like to know the true meanings of these songs, but not at all costs. The danger of discussing it in this forum is we only have a few members who have a good knowledge of the French language and we have to trust in these individuals that their interpretations are right. The only one who truely knows is MF and though we may have some very educated opinions on the subject, we could really never know for sure unless she told us what she meant.

We could have other members here come along, let's say Joe Schmo who knows a limited amount of French who might do a lot of research on the internet about the lyrics in a particular song and come up with a conclusion that Alizee is saying she wants to sleep with her dad and in the bottom of their heart, might truely believe that and other members might propose interpretations that might seem outlandish, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so once you open up that door, you better be prepared for whatever walks through.

Most of us with our limited knowledge of the language would be hard pressed to refute claims that are made and in the process Alizee's image is sullied. I'm sure most of us know there were inner meanings to these songs, most, if not all of a sexual nature, but maybe for Alizee's sake, it should be left at that and again for her sake, we should be spared the sordid details. For in the end, what real good will it do us and at what cost?
Personally, I like it. I've always liked the double meanings in Alizee's songs as well as Mylene Farmer's. We're adults, adults do, see, and talk about sexual things, it's just a part of life. Azhiri is totally right in saying that it's really in the eye of the beholder. At face value, the songs are rather innocent, and I like that. But I also like that there is a deeper meaning because it shows that she is human, just like the rest of us. I mean come on people, she has a child! She has obviously had sex. She had a tongue ring for Christ's sake, and you know why people have those. Step into the real world for a second and be realistic.