Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 PM

len56 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
wait, did you just...hold on let me get my contacts in AND glasses on...did you just say you think people saying "I'd tap that" in reference to Alizée is acceptable? Not putting you down, but some advice would be to discuss that stuff in PMs with someone you trust on here, thats what a lot of people do. But that kind of stuff isn't exactly accepted well on here (I know from experience ).
haha oops, sorry about that! it does seem pretty innocent in itself. I really don't mean to be rude or anything

but can anyone really expect anything different (from a new fan like me at least )? esp. with her wearing that outfit? I'm sure that's the reaction it was intended for

BUT I LIKE HER AS A PERSON TOO! She's adorable . Even her name is perfect.

Quote:
And I'd rather not disclose who talked about some of Alizée's family members in a sexual way right here, but if you look earlier in this thread you can read all about it.
haha, that was just rhetorical but I'll check it out

Last edited by len56; 05-16-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I was in your same place 2 years ago len56, but just letting you know, it was a hard road to go down...anyway I'll PM now.

And back to the point, so anyone else have any suggestions for solutions to this matter at hand besides MDOs and Premods?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
But I'm still not clear on what this is about exactly.
You are not the only one, I'm sure...

Ultimately, I believe a forum should always at least attempt to promote recruitment of new members, improve participation and reduce unnecessary tension. This is mainly what my suggestions and comments were aiming at. It is not the first time that I am told that Ben is the one to be presented with suggestions for improving the forums and I do agree with this, but somehow, I think it is also important to discuss possible shift in orientation and improvement suggestions with members before bringing them to a higher level.

In any case, I do agree that I am basically asking if it is proper to post content that does not break any rules. It is just my nature to try to ease the crowd into more controversial topics.

I think I will also leave it at that and post mature content whenever I feel like it. I think I will label those threads [Mature content] as to warn people who might be sensitive to those topics.

Thank you all for your comments.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that the rules are really evasive on this specific topic and I believe this is where some of the confusion comes from. But I know... I should take this to Ben...

Last edited by Corsaire; 05-17-2011 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Some clarifications
Old 05-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
YES!
This is the sole reason I don't exactly go around promoting her anymore. I think I've said it here before, but I'd rather not have everyone know about her. I'd rather her only following be even only us, who understand who she is and what she's about and treat her with respect... than a massive following of absolute dogs. It's even gotten to the point where I was almost embarrased to be a fan. Imagine me, stating what I already have about being related to others, trying to introduce people to her and the only videos I can share are JEAM, JPVA, and Moi Lolita (with me being seen as a horn dog, horn dog, and pedophile, respectively)
I am the exactly same way, even if my time as a fan is less than that of most members I seem to be going through the "phases" quicker, if we were to generalize. I used to tell everyone proudly I listened to her and tell them to give her a chance, thinking they might have liked her music as much as I did; of course this was not the case. Most of the comments I got were in the same style, such as "Why are you listening to this? You can't even understand her, you're only a "horndog"". While this is partially true (I can't understand her without translations), it makes me mad that that factor out of all is the one playing the biggest role as most people used the "insult" when they've never been in contact with the other guy that said the exact same thing.

I am not ashamed of being a fan, but I'm more subtle around the subject these days, if someone asks what I'm listening to and/or my taste of music is I'll say "a little of everything" then if they ask for examples I'll say "Skrillex, Alizée, Sinatra, a little of this, little of that"; this way I don't emphasize on it and have to be referred to as the creep/perv.

However, if they do ask, I'll behave differently depending on the situation; for starters, if I just want them to listen, I'll show them one of the songs you mentioned above, if there is access to a computer and Youtube then I'll show something such as Dis lui toi que je t'aime or ACC where she isn't wearing a short dress, that way they can appreciate her for her music, and not for her looks.

Quote:
I used to have my wallpaper set to her (specifically, the photo from the Gourmandises era where she's sitting on the swing) because it was a constant reminder of what fundamental lack she represented in my mind... couldn't use it anymore for the same reasons (but with additional suggestions of obsession and pedophilia. I find it only interesting that it's perfectly acceptable that 17-18 (and in one case I've observed, 22) year olds can date/attempt to seduce (not exaggerating. When you don't talk all day people forget you're there and you hear and see a lot of stuff) the 13-14-15 year olds irl, but I'm viewed with disdain for having a photo of a 16 year old on my desktop.)
Oh god yes, I used to have the one where she's leaning towards a tree and smiling as my desktop, but I switched a week ago because I couldn't have it without some damn smart-ass remark. Right now the only thing showing that I'm a fan is if they're coming to my place, so I'm pretty concealed about it too.

Yeah that dating thing is ridiculous too, I won't get into too personal details but I also have the tendency to see men (I'm only 17/18 ('93) and so are everyone I talk to, so the difference is smaller but still noticeable) chase for younger women, such as 15-16 year olds when they're turning 18 themselves. I have no idea why this is happening, but they're "oddly" the same guys referring to me as the "horndog".

Quote:
Don't even worry about it. I'm always moderately aggravated and almost consistently incoherent. I just find that if you purposely try to be incoherent while in an incoherent state the two will cancel out. But most of the time, at least with me, that doesn't occur and I'm stilll the seemingly insane, angry guy laughing to himself about all the inside (95% inside with myself, 5% actually detectable by others) jokes nearly everything he says is constrewn with.
The problem with that is that I'm Swedish, when I get mad I tend to fail at the simplest of grammatical issues because they would make sense in Swedish. That and being a perfectionist tends to cancel eachother out though, but I didn't feel like doing the usual thing so I thought it would be harder to understand than normally.

I weep for humanity.

Last edited by Naft; 05-17-2011 at 01:22 AM..
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
wait, did you just...hold on let me get my contacts in AND glasses on...did you just say you think people saying "I'd tap that" in reference to Alizée is acceptable? Not putting you down, but some advice would be to discuss that stuff in PMs with someone you trust on here, thats what a lot of people do. But that kind of stuff isn't exactly accepted well on here (I know from experience ).

And I'd rather not disclose who talked about some of Alizée's family members in a sexual way right here, but if you look earlier in this thread you can read all about it.

Edit:

And thanks for the info Lefty
Yeah, its acceptable. People are allowed to be attracted to Alizee. You guys are acting like shes your girlfriend and you're trying to protect her honor. Tbh, it's almost creepy.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Yeah, its acceptable. People are allowed to be attracted to Alizee. You guys are acting like shes your girlfriend and you're trying to protect her honor. Tbh, it's almost creepy.
I know they're allowed to be attracted to Alizee.

But if we had people posting in every thread saying "I'd tap that" or "I'd ************ something", then we'd all look like horndogs lol.

And I'm not trying to protect her as if she was my gf, I'm just trying to get people to respect her more, that's all.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Not saying she doesn't deserve respect, because she does, but its not your job to tell people whether or not they can express their attraction. If I were into chicks, I'd totally tap her, shes hot! But you know what? It'll never happen. She's an entertainer, she wears sexy outfits, if she didn't want people thinking "damn, she looks hot!" she'd wear a potato sack. I don't think people should be gross and inappropriate but voicing your attraction should not be considered offensive. That's not what this thread is about though. People shouldn't have to pussy-foot around double meanings in the lyrics because it's just a song.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Cheesy

Quote:
The way I get it, saying "I'd tap that" or anything of that manner seems both disrespectful and a tad bit sexist. With that in mind, I know most people on here came from her JEAM dance (me included) but that doesn't mean we can't post about it in a mature manner with as much respect as possible.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 AM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I am the exactly same way, even if my time as a fan is less than that of most members I seem to be going through the "phases" quicker, if we were to generalize. I used to tell everyone proudly I listened to her and tell them to give her a chance, thinking they might have liked her music as much as I did; of course this was not the case. Most of the comments I got were in the same style, such as "Why are you listening to this? You can't even understand her, you're only a "horndog"". While this is partially true (I can't understand her without translations), it makes me mad that that factor out of all is the one playing the biggest role as most people used the "insult" when they've never been in contact with the other guy that said the exact same thing.
Oh man Naft and Jalen. I'm so sorry for you guys being like that. I know the feeling. I have been in the situation once. One of my friends borrowed my iPod and the first comment he made on the wallpaper was Alizee's boob. And of course I have never talked with him since then. But at least he is rather nice, nicer than your situations.

But I'm quite lonely too cuz i can't find any Alizee fan in my country (Thats the reason i joined AAm, so much fun here )

Quote:
Yeah Yeah Yeah i know that feeling too i was her fan after my GF p**sed me off and alizee somehow has brought me back to life

"in love with lili" i guess
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferb96 View Post
Oh man Naft and Jalen. I'm so sorry for you guys being like that. I know the feeling. I have been in the situation once. One of my friends borrowed my iPod and the first comment he made on the wallpaper was Alizee's boob. And of course I have never talked with him since then. But at least he is rather nice, nicer than your situations.

But I'm quite lonely too cuz i can't find any Alizee fan in my country (Thats the reason i joined AAm, so much fun here )

Yeah Yeah Yeah i know that feeling too i was her fan after my GF p**sed me off and alizee somehow has brought me back to life

"in love with lili" i guess
Just wait, if you think the guys are bad now wait until the hormones kick in. I am not very much older than you but trust me, your life will change several times in just a couple of years, and so will all of your classmates.