Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Thanks for the link to that video, Scruffy! They really did a good job fixing up the outside. It looks like the inside is still the same as when Alizee was there, though. It looks like it is in the middle of nowhere, who would move in there?

Maybe we could all take up a collection at the next cult meeting and make it the cathedral of the Cult of Alizee. How awesome would that be? I'd just be worried about someone trying to imitate the gymnast from the video and hurting themselves. We would have to make a rule.
Sadly this building was bought out, so we can't move there

It is an art museum thing now
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's a video that was recently posted by Orion in AF. It's about the building where ACC was filmed in. At this point they had only fixed up the outside and painted it, replaced the windows and cleaned up the inside some what.

They show a clip of ACC at about the 3 min mark and below that is a link to a letter by a recent visitor to this building.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IP8eLauR4TU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=61477

In the past, I've seen images of what the rehabbed inside would look like, similar to these which led me to believe it had been done. It's great news that it hasn't. I'll have to put this back on my to see list. I wish I had known about this building when I had passed within 5 miles of it while on vacation in 2008.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-13-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the vid linked Scruff!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

How recent is this video? I remember the last time I heard any news about this building it was for renovations. They were going to tear it down I think. But then I heard something about it being a landmark??

Does this report offer anything else on that? My French is rusty.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 AM

The building was declared a national landmark for some reason, I believe due to it's unique architecture. Apparently a project was launched to rehab the building and turn the lower floors into office space, as depicted in the picures posted above. They started rehabbing the building by repairing the concrete on the outside. In several of the pictures that were posted before, there was rebar showing from some of the deteriorated concrete. They fixed all the damaged concrete, then they painted it. Then they installed new windows. But apparently they cleaned up the inside, but never remodeled the inside. So it still looks quite a bit like it did when they filmed the video.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:30 AM

I think they're just too lazy cause they haven't really started doing anything with it yet haha. The video leads me to believe there is still dust and dirt everywhere in the building. When was that video filmed is the question...im tired...
Old 06-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruff! It's kind of nice to see that building repaired/restored. Seeing it restored gives a little touch of poignancy to the ACC video now...

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 AM

Well first I wanted to report that on the Wikipedia page about this building, A contre courant and Alizee are mentioned. I don't think that was the case a couple of years ago when I first checked it out. By the way excuse the little rectangular areas in the pictures where it looks like something has been blacked out. It's a problem I have with my screen capture since updating to windows 7.

The other thing I wanted to mention is I just had one of those Oh my God moments while on vacation in France. I'm going to drive up to Arnhem in the Netherlands to go to Arnhem where Operation market garden took place ( A bridge too far). I'll be spending a night in Brussels then driving back to France to spend my last 2 nights in Rouen.

Well it hit me like a ton of bricks that this route of travel is similar to one I took a few years ago on vacation. I found out later on, that my route of travel took me within 5 miles of this shrine. Well I looked it up on Google earth and once again, my route of travel will be taking me within 5 miles of this building. I missed it last time, mainly because I didn't know the building was in Belgium then, but I wont make that mistake a second time.
Film at 11!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 AM

Awesome!!! Hey Scruff, if no one is there, try getting in and following Alizée's track throughout the building she did while shooting the video if not, seeing the outside would stll be breathtaking!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Wow Scruffy, you are a very very fortunate fellow
I hope you can take pictures of your visit as you have in your other trips, a very big thank you in advance!