Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-20-2011, 07:09 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

is there any proof that the split between Mylene and Alizee was a bad one or not? or is this all "Media" hyped and jealousy of the two Fanbase's.

I have never read anywhere where Alizee has criticized her former boss in anywhich way, nor does she look like the type of person who would do so. Perhaps, she wanted to have more control over her 1) Sales, 2) Music, and 3) Promotional Appearances.

it is common for Singers/Producers to part ways over time. especally as the they get older and more inclined to produce their own styles, etc.

MZ
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the only things I've heard of which really isn't much is when Alizee finished the album Psych, she sent the first cd to MF and LB and she never heard back from them.

The other thing was during the video where they showed the making of Madamoiselle Juleitte, a girl came out rather skimpily attired and Alizee said her outfit was too Mylene, which I thought was a little bit of a slap in the face to Ms Farmer, but Alizee may not have meant it in a bad way. After all, Mylene does have some what of an overly sexy image I'd guess you'd call it. But it's definitely could have been taken in a bad way and she should have found a different way to express those sentiments.

As I stated before, there were 2 points that may have been the cause of bad blood between the two, but I have to point out it's all conjecture or speculation at best. The first being is Alizee knew the general sexual meanings of some of her songs . As in JAM, she knew well what was going on in that tub, but she had no idea about the fine details that were pointed out in Homer's interpretation (Not to say his interpretation is right.) and she was none too happy when she found out.

The other thing I've heard is Jeremy, being more aquainted with the business part of the industry, came along and pointed out she was getting the short end of the stick.

So if any of this heresay was true. I could understand her being pissed. But if she was, she should have said thank you very much for all you've done for me , but it's time for me to go a in a different direction, then she should have just walked away. Walked away happy knowing though she might have been wronged, she gained a tremenous amount from their time together.

Even if they did use her, they turned her into an international superstar and I think she loves that stardom. I'm sure she never would have reached this level of fame without them. I don't think she'd change a thing except for maybe cleaning up the lyrics a bit if what was alleged was true.

Maybe she didn't make as much money as she should have, but she made a lot of money never the less. But there's no real evidence to support any of this, so you have to kind of realize these rumors are out there, but have never really been substantiated so in my opinion they should be dismissed.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-21-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
is there any proof that the split between Mylene and Alizee was a bad one or not?
There's considerable evidence that it wasn't. Setting aside statements from Alizée, there's the fact that Mylène preserved the legal right to her name for commercial use and "sold" it back to her for one Euro. That was not an action that shows any hostility.

I also doubt very much that Alizée would have sent Mylène a pre-release copy of Psychédélices if she felt hostile towards her.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think the split was entirely amicable, Alizee just wanted more creative control than MF was willing to give her. Everything about her image, the performances she gave, her mannerisms in performances, the interviews she went to, what she wore, etc. was very meticulously planned and maintained.

Selling the rights to her stage name back for one euro is a very friendly gesture in my opinion under the circumstances, and wasn't there some recent event or performance where Mylene said she was "proud" of Alizee? I'm not sure.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-22-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think the split was entirely amicable, Alizee just wanted more creative control than MF was willing to give her. Everything about her image, the performances she gave, her mannerisms in performances, the interviews she went to, what she wore, etc. was very meticulously planned and maintained.

Selling the rights to her stage name back for one euro is a very friendly gesture in my opinion under the circumstances, and wasn't there some recent event or performance where Mylene said she was "proud" of Alizee? I'm not sure.
Actually I think what you are talking about is the M6 awards which was well before Jeremy came along and "informed her".

In fact here is the video in question where Mylene says she is very proud of Alizee. It was around the 5 minute mark. It was back in 2001. But if you watch the whole video, you'll see how endeared these fans are to Mylene and I think you can tell a lot by watching her. Her emotions could be faked, but I think they are genuine and it shows you a lot about her, and I think she is a wonderful person inside.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-7iN0imqbII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-22-2011 at 12:48 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I could have sworn it was from some recent thing. I suppose not. You're right though, her words seem really heartfelt

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The other thing was during the video where they showed the making of Madamoiselle Juleitte, a girl came out rather skimpily attired and Alizee said her outfit was too Mylene, which I thought was a little bit of a slap in the face to Ms Farmer, but Alizee may not have meant it in a bad way.
About this , it was clear for me that it was just a way to express her independence.The point was " not this kind of outfit, cause everybody will think that I'm still under influence...". No bad meaning in it.

And on the Mylène side, you have to know that relatives said about her that she can be very close and passionate with her friends but when an end come to that period, she can stop the connections rather quickly and forever...
Old 06-22-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
...................And on the Mylène side, you have to know that relatives said about her that she can be very close and passionate with her friends but when an end come to that period, she can stop the connections rather quickly and forever...
That's very interesting to know. Thanks for posting that Bigdan. It's just another piece of a puzzle that has way too many pieces.

Here's the same video with subtitles. The part where she says she's proud of Alizee is right at the end and this happened back in novemer of 2000.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1LPbS3vkloE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S.

I guess we can say now that a "New Album" is no longer a rumor and is now official so maybe someone can change the title of the New album rumor thread or start a new one along those lines.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-22-2011 at 11:49 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 12:05 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Let's not forget (more recently)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/euE5OGNqDRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At 3:04, when asked how her success came about, Alizée responds "quand on est très bien entouré et quand on a la chance de travailler avec Mylène Farmer, on le vit plutôt bien" (from what I can hear) which means (I think?!) "when you are in good company and when you have the luck of working with Mylène Farmer, you live rather well."

This suggests that although there may have been some negative reasons contributing towards the split, any negativity is superseded by gratitude as far as Alizée is concerned.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this little question interests me, mostly because of the way Alizée treats it by smiling. The phrasing of her answer, though, has to do with Nikos' question, so here's what I hear of the part before:

Quote:
Nikos: C'était tombé comme un succès extraordinaire. Comment vous l'avez vécu? vous étiez un bébé à l'époque.

Alizée: Ouais, j'avais quinze ans.

Nikos: Comment ça se vit, un tel succès Lolita?
(Il n'aurait pas dû dire «un succès tel que Lolita»? A moins qu'il ne s'adresse à Alizée comme si elle s'appelait Lolita...)

Alizée: Quand on est très bien entouré et qu'on a la chance de travailler avec Mylène Farmer, on le vit plutôt bien.

Quote:
Nikos: It happened all at once as an extraordinary success. How did you handle it (literally: live it)? You were a baby at the time.

Alizée: Yeah, I was 15 years old.

Nikos: How does one handle such a success [as] Lolita?

Alizée: When you're very well looked after (literally: very well surrounded) and you have the chance to work with Mylène Farmer, you handle it pretty well.
She does seem to be smiling and maybe on the verge of laughing, but I think that's not so much to indicate that there were unfavorable aspects to that time period as it is to hint at the silliness of the question. She seems to be saying, How could I not have enjoyed this success whenever I was supported by everyone (family, friends) and was working with France's biggest popstar?

But I don't know for sure, that's just my interpretation. Maybe Bigdan or some other native French speaker can comment?