Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default What is to be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The Jean Baptiste effort was great because it was something that being based in Ajaccio, it was something that was on more of a personal level with her... maybe there is a similar effort to raise money for homeless or poor, or sick people in Ajaccio or on Corsica such as the Restos" Du Coeur in Ajaccio that Siecel mentioned.
That is one reason why I brought attention to the specific Resto in Ajaccio. The second is that, worthiness as a charity aside, donations to this Resto could also stop stupid people in Ajaccio (or Corsica as a whole) from claiming she does nothing for her home. Alizée does not need to hang around Ajaccio or Corsica to help it; she has a quarter-million Facebook followers! Every time she promotes the beauty and delights of her home-town and island she boosts the opportunity it has to earn tourist dollars, sparing more of its natives the need to emigrate to the mainland or beyond to obtain work, or accept handouts. Thank you, Mr. Scruffydog, for your conditional endorsement of this hypothetical alternative.

Quote:
I guess the thing to do is to e-mail m-p (Marie-Paule) and see if this is still an ongoing effort in J-B's behalf.

I thought I e-mailed her after receiving a reply from alizee.officiel that we'd be making the donation through a.o instead of her, but I have no record of it. It's possible I may have sent it through her facebook page.

Regardless, I'll write tonight and we'll see what happens.
I am not looking to provoke Mr. Scruffydog to become my enemy, but his words above provide evidence of two things:

1. His frank honesty, by admitting confusion about what messages he did or did not send.
2. His actuarial incompetence, because of his inability to decisively state what messages he did or did not send. (Need I mention how carefully he spells, in spite of the spell-checker built into the forum-post word processor?)

Frankly, I would never let him handle any of my money; I only trust agents who are simultaneously honest and competent. However, it seems many of you disagree with me, and if permitted, I'd still like to offer my sincere, well-meaning advice, given all that has happened.

Quote:
But I will wait to see what the rest of the members who have donated have to say. If at the end of the month, they all want the money that was collected, to go to another charity, of the groups choosing, I will go along with that.
I'd ask those of you who donated to basically agree with the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
...I think the most prudent thing to do is to go ahead and make the donation and let her/team handle it the way they see fit . We don't want another embarassment for her or our forum. She said she still supports JB, so I think if we make the donation now, it will go to JB and not the association.
More precisely, I would put the donation into Alizée's hands, and write the J-B association the following note.

"It is with regret that we lately learn of the plans to dissolve your association, or change its original purpose. Under these circumstances, we will be passing our donation through Alizée's hands, knowing that she remains committed to helping Jean-Baptiste, one way or the other. Some people in Ajaccio or the rest of Corsica fail to understand how much good will her international fame has brought her home. She has about as many followers on Facebook as live year-round on Corsica. But for her, none of us at Alizée America would know anything about Ajaccio - even including those who remember on which island The Little Corporal was born from their extensive study of his great works far from it. We are certain Alizée will always remain a great credit to her home-town and the Corsican people."

Given all that has happened and the explicit acknowledgment of Alizée America's donation at her Facebook site, I have little doubt that Alizée has read this thread and is responding to the concerns expressed here.

I think by her latest Facebook postings that Alizée intends to imply the following. Jean-Baptiste really NEEDS the financial help she solicited for him. State subsidies aside, the Renuccis still have co-payments which are capable of despoiling them. The reluctance of the boy's father to accept help is no evidence it is unneeded.

Luxuries are the first things to suffer in a recession, let alone a Great Recession. And what is this unfortunate man's business? A LUXURY eatery. For all we know, it could be LOSING money every week for the longest time now.

The address of Alizée's home in metro Paris is hardly a secret. While I myself use PayPal for international payments, perhaps you guys might prefer to send a registered letter there with a check made out to "Jean-Baptiste Renucci."

By the way, there are many Renucci's on Corsica. For example, you will find the lion's share of a hundred of them in the Ajaccio phonebook. The mayor of Ajaccio is a Renucci. And there is even a Marseille-based ophthalmologist named, yes, Jean-Baptiste Renucci, who founded an important Corsican cultural society. But rest assured that Alizée knows which is which!

P.S. Paper checks can now be deposited electronically, using the right bank. Read http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/...om-your-phone/

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 08-12-2011 at 06:08 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
'Frankly, I would never let him handle any of my money; I only trust agents who are simultaneously honest and competent. However, it seems many of you disagree with me, and if permitted, I'd still like to offer my sincere, well-meaning advice, given all that has happened.'
You are entitled to your opinion Sec but you are way of base here.
I trust Scruffy 100%. As i suspect do everyone else who has donated to this project.
He works tirelessly on Alizee's and this Forums behalf.
This is all not over yet by a long way. Yes things are a little confused at present but i've no doubt the ending will be a happy one for everyone.
None of it would have been possible without Scruffy's input and enthusiasm.

Last edited by User22; 08-12-2011 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: put quote tags around Siecle's quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
None of it would have been possible without Scruffy's input and enthusiasm.

Quoted for 100% TRUTH.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There is no way for me to send Alizeee or alizee.officiel the money, unless they send me a paypal bill or provide me an e-mail address to send it to.

It was pm'd to me that Marie-Paule was the one who dumped Alizee as a sponsor, so is she a trust worthy source to go to as far as making a donation?

I have 2 options at this point.

1 Send a short note to Alizee saying the donation has not been made yet, out of confusion as to what is happening with the association. If this is still a valid cause, please send us an address where we should send the donation.

2 Contact Marie Paule. Tell her what we've heard has been going on about the father wanting the association and facebook page shut down and asking her what her side of the story is.

I think I will go ahead and send Alizee.officiel the briefest of notes tonight along the lines of option 1 but she has not replied to my last 2 attempts and I don't think we'll hear from her again.

I will hold off on the 2 option til I hear from forum members here.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiècleTerrible View Post
More precisely, I would put the donation into Alizée's hands, and write the J-B association the following note.
I don't see the need to write to JB association as they already cut their ties to both JB and Alizee. Writing to them will just add to the confusion. I won't even consider writing to JB's family as well as this would tie Alizee's hands. I say just give the money to her and let her decide where the money goes.

Edit: I think a brief e-mail to Alizee.officiel asking them to send you a bill through e-mail is the best option. Contacting Marie Paule or the association will just add to the confusion. It's already clear that their association has cut ties with JB and Alizee through their FB posting and was confirmed by Alizee herself with her own post acknowledging that she is no longer a part of the association.

Last edited by Jake04; 08-12-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 07:20 PM

para.izée is on a distinguished road

The only way Alizee can help JB if there is need is going to be in the utmost of privacy. There can not be any publicity if there is any chance that JB's father would accept any help even in the most dire of needs.
And I'm afraid only Alizee can asses the need (so far, looks like she knows there is a NEED). For that she would have to have possession of the funds herself.

I can only imagine the gossip there's going to be anyway, as to the amount of "AAm's don" she posted on her FB page and where and how much of it went to jb's. Either way a rough situation for our angel...
Because nobody will be able to verify what she did or did not do.
She is going to need a lot of help from her fans on FB and Twitter once the trouble starts.

PS: Scruff: Courage.

Last edited by para.izée; 08-12-2011 at 07:40 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I thought the plan was to avoid Alizée getting involved in this.

Last edited by HelixSix; 08-12-2011 at 08:08 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

We have no choice but to get her involved. We had no contact with JB's family. JB's father asked the associaition to disassociatee itself from JB and then the association dropped Alizee as a sponsor/ godmother.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road

MOD EDIT: Although it's out on the internet, we don't need businesses' financial information here. Don't mean to call you out, just deleting it because it's not needed. Sorry.

Last edited by User22; 08-12-2011 at 11:40 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I don't see the need to write to JB association as they already cut their ties to both JB and Alizee. Writing to them will just add to the confusion. I won't even consider writing to JB's family as well as this would tie Alizee's hands. I say just give the money to her and let her decide where the money goes.

Edit: I think a brief e-mail to Alizee.officiel asking them to send you a bill through e-mail is the best option. Contacting Marie Paule or the association will just add to the confusion. It's already clear that their association has cut ties with JB and Alizee through their FB posting and was confirmed by Alizee herself with her own post acknowledging that she is no longer a part of the association.
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE JAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I thought the plan was to avoid Alizée getting involved in this.
That was the plan, until we needed to get her involved to make the donation. We all wish we didn't need to...