Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

SiècleTerrible,

Please don't turn a nice gesture by Scruffydog as well as others contributing to the fund into a mean-spirited rant to trash their honorable efforts. Things rarely go as smoothly as one hopes. If you do not want to contribute, fine. You are also welcome to do it on your own. Otherwise, STFU. It's people like you that make people with good intentions just walk away because they don't want to deal with the hassle.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
You are entitled to your opinion Sec but you are way of base here.
I trust Scruffy 100%. As i suspect do everyone else who has donated to this project.
He works tirelessly on Alizee's and this Forums behalf.
This is all not over yet by a long way. Yes things are a little confused at present but i've no doubt the ending will be a happy one for everyone.
None of it would have been possible without Scruffy's input and enthusiasm.
Yes, I agree entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There is no way for me to send Alizeee or alizee.officiel the money, unless they send me a paypal bill or provide me an e-mail address to send it to.
Yeah, this part is weird to me. Why tell us in an email that we have two choices -- check made out to J-B, or PayPal -- without giving us any other needed specifics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777
1 Send a short note to Alizee saying the donation has not been made yet, out of confusion as to what is happening with the association. If this is still a valid cause, please send us an address where we should send the donation.

I think I will go ahead and send Alizee.officiel the briefest of notes tonight along the lines of option 1 but she has not replied to my last 2 attempts and I don't think we'll hear from her again.

I will hold off on the 2 option til I hear from forum members here.
I would also rather see the donation go through Alizée/AlizéeTeam at this point, provided that they give us an address for sending a check or an email for PayPal.

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 08-13-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Correction to the above.
There were 2 options to sending the money to Alizee.officiel. That would be as mentioned before, for them to send me a paypal bill, but the other option would be to send the money via check, money order, etc to a postal address provided by them, not an e-mail address as I had posted before.

More soon to follow.

Edit:

I've had second thoughts about contacting Alizee again. I don't want me or this forum to become a nuisance to her. I'm sure that she was notified of our message through e-bay by her e-mail service.

I think it's possible that she does not want to get involved with this any more because she was removed as a sponsor. In her Facebook posting she thanked AAm for their donation. Does she think we already made the donation? I don't know if this could be due to some type of miscommunication possibly caused by a misinterpretation of one of my Google translated messages, or maybe she's playing like it's over because she does not want any more dealings with Marie-Paule, and she is assuming we'll find another way to get the money to J-B.

Word also comes today that she was seen in Ajaccio last night. Maybe that's why she hasn't responded. Maybe she hasn't been in Paris to check her business related e-mail, though we know full well how easy it is for someone to access their e-mail from just about anywheres now a days.
What I'd rather do is contact Marie-Paule, supposedly the one who canned Alizee and get her side of the story, letting her know we know full well what happened with Alizee and we are aware that the father of Jean Baptiste asked that donations be stopped. I really would rather not contact M-P, but I'd rather contact her than take the chances of trying Alizee's patience. I want her to remember us in a good light for what we are trying to do here.

I say we wait another week. Hopefully Alizee will be back in Paris. If we haven't heard from her by then, then I will contact Marie if the majority of the members here agree.

As for SiecleTerrible aka FandeAliFee aka DocDtv, back during our effort last year, right after the autograph session to thank Alizee, by making a donation to the school where Alizee learned to dance (his idea which I backed). He had asked me to be treasurer. At one point during the ensuing discussions, a few members expressed their displeasure with the plan. I said I would do what ever the forum decided. He saw this as being disloyal to his plan so he fired me as treasurer. After that the plan fell apart. He brought that effort to a disastorous end, now his actions are threatening this effort. I was prepared to fly over myself and donate a 1,000 euros of my own money, but I had no idea what was going on with the plan, and in the end, a great opportunity was lost.
When I was treasurer of that plan, he never commited to making a donation to that plan and he has not said at any point that he'd be making a donation to this plan. He reminds me of a few people I've worked with over the years. These guys did the least amount of work, but were the first and loudest to complain. An administrative member said back then, regarding his earlier plan, that he didn't like Doc's plan because it had to be his way or no way, so he wanted no part of it . Doc wasn't willing to listen to anybody else's plan.

As far as my imcompetance, this was to be a simple little endeavor. We get in contact with the organization that was running the effort to raise money for Jean-Baptiste and we ask them where we could send a donation. We send a donation. End of story. I never anticipated having so much trouble getting in touch with these people. Never saw a need to keep accurate records.
Record keeping or accounting have never been strongpoints of mine so you can criticize me all you want along those lines and you can lump in my grammer (or is it grammar?) too.
I'm sure there are many people in here who have much better abilities along those lines than I do, but I never dreamed that this was going to be such an on going complicated process as it has turned out to be. If the majority of the members want the running of this effort turned over to anyone else, I'll be glad to turn it over to anyone and I will send them the money that has been donated, unless that person is Siecle or Doc or Fan or whatever he is calling himself this week. If it's turned over to the likes of him, I will withdraw my pledge and send a seperate donation.

To think a couple of months ago, I was pming other members getting them to write him, urging him to come back to the forum, and what do I get........................stabbed in the back! As far as his future posts go, I will ignore them. If others read them and think he has some good input or a good idea, please pass it along, but don't mention it's from him, because I would probably want to ignore it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-13-2011, 02:31 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog777, I'm in it until you say uncle on this one. You already know how I feel about Docdtv or what ever he's calling himself these days over the trouble he started the last time we tried to do something nice in Alizée's name.

It'll work out we just need to give it a little time.

Al
Old 08-13-2011, 02:42 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

i am willing to help out on this project also, if you need the help.
Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 04:52 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

@ Scruffy: I think we're making this too complicated for us. Why contact Marie Paule? It's not a rumor. The association confirmed it on their own post that they are no longer associated with JB and Alizee. Alizee herself confirmed this with her own post. With over €1,200 in donation, Mary Paule would tell you whatever you want to hear. Forget about her and her association. This will just add to more confusion.
I think if Alizee or her team doesn't want to be bothered, they would have told you on their e-mail to stop contacting them. This is for a JB's cause that Alizee still supports so I doubt she'll do that. The fact that she already acknowledged and thanked us means there was clearly a miscommunication happened somewhere.
So, I suggest we enlist the help of a native-French speaker like BigDan to help us draft the e-mail to avoid any further miscommunication. It should be brief and to the point. Like: "Please send us a bill through Paypal so we could transfer the donation."
We can "apologize" to her for AFTER we sent the money. I'm afraid she might get embarrassed, yet again, or even mad if she finds out that we haven't done anything yet.
Also, why wait another week? It'll be her birthday next week! She'll have less time to attend to this by then.
I think the longer we wait, the less enthusiastic it'll be for her and everyone else involved.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:19 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
With over €1,200 in donation, Mary Paule would tell you whatever you want to hear. Forget about her and her association.
I agree with this. I dont think it will do us any good to contact her. As I said last night, it may cause even MORE problems for Lili. The last thing we need, is the group making some BS statement when they learn they are not getting the money.

Quote:
Also, why wait another week?

I think what you have misunderstood my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy
I say we wait another week... If we haven't heard from her [Lili] by then, then I will contact Marie
We are not waiting a week to contact Alizée. We have already done that, three times. The waiting a week, if for her to respond to us. If she doesnt, then we will think of a new plan. Thats what the "wait a week" is about.

HOWEVER...sending her another message in perfect French may not be a bad idea...this way we are sure she knows EXACTLY what we are asking, and waiting for...

Last edited by BrianO1; 08-13-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The main reason I want to wait a week is because another thread said she was just spotted in Ajaccio the other night and I would think where she doesn't have a traditional 40 hour mon through fri type of job, she probably goes there for a minimum of 1 week, when she visits. If thier school system is similar to ours, Annily is on summer vacation now and there's no need for Alizee or her family to rush back to Paris.

I also think there's the possibility Lily doesn't like to mix business with pleasure. She might be the type that doesn't check her e-mail unless it's from people who are close to her who probably have another totaly private e-mail address to contact her with. I think my last message should have been clear enough. I think she should have or will read it once she's back in Paris. I already posted exactly what the message said here (except for the exact amount of the doantion) so we can ask Bigdan to look at it and see how well it was translated by Google.

Let's give this a little time to work, because if we try and contact her again, it will absolutely have to be the last time. If she's not answering us, there has to be a reason and if it's because she does not want to communicate with Marie Paule, us contacting her again, will probably piss her off. Right now I think she thinks well of AlizeeAmerica, so let's not mess that up.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
We have no choice but to get her involved. We had no contact with JB's family. JB's father asked the associaition to disassociatee itself from JB and then the association dropped Alizee as a sponsor/ godmother.
Concerning donations to the association itself, I believe Alizée must have donated a good sum of money herself before the auction of the toy even happened and it's just a shame that no one else ( you know who I mean ) realized that but with the auction of the toy it's pretty clear that she wanted to involve her fans in an effort that she believed in too.

I think you all worry too much.. Alizée has already thanked this forum for the supplementary donation you all made so I guess there's no backing out now. It was inevitable from the start that she was going to get involved with the effort you all made but is that really such a bad thing????

I think the donation should still go to the JB charity.. but due to the complications if another charity Alizée believes in is decided then so be it. Well once it leaves her hands it's a leap of faith whith what the charity does with the money as it is in all these kinds of cases.

Well I just hope all turns out well for everyone concerned.

P.S. I'm just sorry for all the mess and for not being able to take part in this donation too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default PayPal day may be far off

I know for a fact, but have no means to prove to readers here, that the morning after Alizee's eBay account was created, she was sent a message through eBay's secure Webmail, asking that a PayPal account be created to accept donations for Jean-Baptiste. The message said no reply was needed, and none was received. For all I know, countless dozens of her quarter-million FaceBook followers who use eBay made similar requests.

After 240 posts had been made in this thread, and over a week had passed since its creation, I finally broke my silence here - the very evening before news of the J-B association demise demand. Part of what I wrote is this:

"...if Alizée supposedly wrote you there is a PayPal account by which one can make donations to the J-B charity, why can't she simply make a Facebook post naming it? ...If you guys REALLY have been contacted by Alizée, and plan to reply back, please do ask her to name the PayPal account for the charity AT HER FACEBOOK SITE."

Mr. Deepwaters liked the idea and a post on Alizée's Facebook wall dated August 9 at 12:03am repeated this suggestion.

Mr. Scruffydog didn't like what Mr. Deepwaters had pledged to do, writing

"I don't think that's a good idea right now... It could sabotage what we are trying to do here."

Whatever that ambition was, it clearly wasn't consistent with helping Alizée's quarter-million FaceBook followers learn how to reliably and easily make a donation ASAP. (Alizée America's registered users amount to only 1% as many people, and how many of them really visit here?)

The IRONY is that it seems the impasse you guys now face is that Alizée never named such a PayPal account to you, in public or in private.

It is NOT hard to imagine why this might be so. Originally, there was a registered association, perhaps with some type of (partial) tax-exempt status, willing to accept funds for Jean-Baptiste. Now, as best I know, a group of that description exists no longer.

Alizée could now use a PayPal account of her own to receive funds on behalf of the sick boy. But the taxman would call it taxable income. Even if she gave it all to Jean-Baptiste, assuming that is still possible, she'd still owe taxes on the money. If I were Alizée's accountant, I wouldn't like that at all.

And how does she give it to the boy now? She may face that very problem herself with the money she earned auctioning her customized toy. If so, mailing her your donation as a check doesn't make her life that much more difficult, as long as it is in his name, which obviates the tax issue. If she can't deliver the check, she can send it back to you, or allow it to become void because of a cashing time-limit your bank imposes.

Someone represented to Alizée that Alizée America would make a donation, and you can't claim the allegation was a fiction. Isn't it just possible she thanked you in public so YOU COULDN'T HONORABLY BACK OUT?

For the person who didn't want a check mailed to Alizée's home, rest easy. The French Republic requires a firm she and her husband controls to state its business address, which they publish worldwide 24/365 via the Internet. You might be surprised how residential its neighborhood appears.

P.S. I will not address any false statements about me, whether born of stupidity, carelessness, fantasy, pride or actual malice. To the extent this Website preserves unedited discussions, any interested intelligent party can discover the truth for himself. It's not worth my time to help him. I have a life.
Closed Thread