Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

hahaha that just made me crack up....again Nice one BB
Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

HOT DIGGITY!! I've been scraping along with the few updates on facebook, but damn it's good to be back here.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:08 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
HOT DIGGITY!! I've been scraping along with the few updates on facebook, but damn it's good to be back here.
SAME. First visit in a while. Hope something Alizée-related kicks off soon, I've been missing her
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Yeah, I could care less how well it sells. I only care if it's good. She could never advertise it, and I'd still buy it. If it were good. If it's not, nope. But I don't care if it's advertised. It could sell 3 copies, and I'd enjoy it just as well or poorly as if it sold 3 Million.
Here's the thing bud, if it doesn't sell, do you think she'll make more?

It's unfortunate that there's a difference between what's good and what sells, but it doesn't mean that they're exclusive of the other. I'm sure your enjoyment of it wouldn't change, but for Alizée's sake, this next album HAS to make at least a tiny ripple, even if just a bare fraction of movement made by her glory days.

She's been doing worse progressively ever since MCE, it's about time she turns things around!

I believe in Alizée! (I believe in Harvey Dent? )

Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 PM

Well said Sabi, except that in order for her to be confident about making more albums, I think it has to make quite a splash in the french music scene. A tiny ripple is what she made with UEDS...in my eyes.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well said Sabi, except that in order for her to be confident about making more albums, I think it has to make quite a splash in the french music scene. A tiny ripple is what she made with UEDS...in my eyes.
I don't think it matter if it's the French scene, Mexican scene, or, with any luck, THE AMERICAN SCENE!!!(fantasy much? ).

She just needs some sort of attention. UEDS was like a droplet that missed the pool. Some people say that Psychedelices was a commercial failure, with canceled concerts and signings. But at least she had concerts. With UEDS.. I mean, she hasn't even performed any of her songs in any form of a concert.

I don't mean to be ripping on UEDS. I'm just stressing how wisely she should plan for the new album.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Finnishguy is on a distinguished road

There's many points that she should to see now. She saw how it went with Psychedelices and UEDS, now she have learned about those "mistakes" and hopefully change something.

Well, we will see. I don't mean that she made some real mistakes with Psyche or UEDS. I jus mean that prabably it's better to change something. . .
Old 08-14-2011, 07:44 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Here's the thing bud, if it doesn't sell, do you think she'll make more?

It's unfortunate that there's a difference between what's good and what sells, but it doesn't mean that they're exclusive of the other. I'm sure your enjoyment of it wouldn't change, but for Alizée's sake, this next album HAS to make at least a tiny ripple, even if just a bare fraction of movement made by her glory days.

She's been doing worse progressively ever since MCE, it's about time she turns things around!

I believe in Alizée! (I believe in Harvey Dent? )
Agree ^

This next album is make-or-break. I think a return to the catchy, up-tempo pop songs that were the best of Psychédélices could do it for her. What she really needs is GOOD MARKETING. I mean the promotion of Psychédélices was nothing compared to what she had in the early days, and for UEDS it was frankly atrocious. She would benefit from using the internet more I think, literally ALL the big names in pop today are all over Facebook and twitter, sending weekly updates, promotional photos, and just generally making their fans feel loved. Alizée could do with more of this imo (she has actually been pretty active on facebook recently - a step in the right direction). Best of all - IT'S FREE.

If you think about it, not many young popstars continue to be successful into their thirties. It will be difficult for Alizée to make this album successful but with a few canny choices she can do it. She's still very good at what she does (singing obvs) and has a respectable public image (more than can be said for some teenage idols *cough* Britters *cough*)

Anyway that's my take on it all

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-14-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Old 08-29-2011, 03:04 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Okay so on here somewhere there was talk about Sony showing interest in the new album? Well here is some Sony news. My friend that works for RCA SONY RECORDS got laid off because there was a HUGE Sony merger of all the record companies into one. I'll get more information on it but that's all I have for now.

This could be really good for her or extremely bad. No real middle ground.

EDIT:

So it turns out they are combining USA Promotions only:

In mid-2011, Sony announced that they were again restructuring RCA/Jive Label Group. The Jive side split. Some artists moved under the newly formed Epic Label Group which is now headed by L.A. Reid. Epic will focus on urban music while the RCA Music Group continues on its own. Jive Records is under the RCA Music Group, minus those artists who were moved to Epic. [6] Some of Jive's urban artists such as Usher moved to Epic, while other Jive pop artists, including Britney Spears & P!nk, stayed under Jive as the label moved under the RCA Music Group.[7] [8] Peter Edge serves as CEO of the company. [9] The company is expected to start releasing all of its releases under RCA Records. [10] In August 2011 RCA laid off 20 members of its staff. [11]

So there. Might be interesting to see if they notice Alizee now that the group is bigger. That's the news.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 08-29-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 PM

Hmm...interesting.

Is that last part from Wikipedia?

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...