Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Another good show. I like it when you put some throw back songs into the mix. Where do you get your ideas for the playlist? Aweful lot of CDs to go through at the station. It's funny that you always play Jimmy Eat World at your handoff to to Jess & Becca - like it's their official song. I don't recall you doing that for other DJs.

Anyway how about: Ella, Elle L'a (even though the audio isn't all that great) or Veni Vedi Vici?

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I really want to call in this week but there's a good chance I'll be busy during the show. I was thinking that Greg should try one he hasn't done yet (which is becoming a pretty short list). I was thinking Tempete, or for something a bit more upbeat, L'Alize.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
Another good show. I like it when you put some throw back songs into the mix. Where do you get your ideas for the playlist? Aweful lot of CDs to go through at the station. It's funny that you always play Jimmy Eat World at your handoff to to Jess & Becca - like it's their official song. I don't recall you doing that for other DJs.

Anyway how about: Ella, Elle L'a (even though the audio isn't all that great) or Veni Vedi Vici?
If you look at my playlists, "Seventeen" has always been my official ending song. For a while I moved away from it and started playing other songs, but for the most part it's been the one consistent staple on the show. It's not entirely a coincidence, though, that it naturally flows into Blacktop Memories (Jess & Becca's show) - our program director did a great job of making "blocks" of shows, so that the station has some uniformity. So Saturday afternoon, for example, has a modern rock theme. Originally Jess & Becca were supposed to hand off to me...but I complained and got my show time moved from 6-8 to 2-4. It helps that I was the program director's instructor last year.

As for where I get my ideas, most of the songs I play are NOT from the station. I have a pretty decent music collection (as seen here), so I guess you could say I make a point to know about this stuff. Most times I just play whatever random songs I was listening to during the prior week.

Anyway, thanks for taking an interest in the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I really want to call in this week but there's a good chance I'll be busy during the show. I was thinking that Greg should try one he hasn't done yet (which is becoming a pretty short list). I was thinking Tempete, or for something a bit more upbeat, L'Alize.
I suppose if I played Coeur deja pris (possibly Alizée's slowest song), I can play anything. I have a personal grievance against Laurent Boutonnat for L'Alizé, so it'd take a lot of convincing for me to play it.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
I have a personal grievance against Laurent Boutonnat for L'Alizé, so it'd take a lot of convincing for me to play it.
Really? What's that? Now I'm really curious.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:14 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

"Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes"
Old 12-15-2006, 08:02 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
I have a personal grievance against Laurent Boutonnat for L'Alizé, so it'd take a lot of convincing for me to play it.
What do you mean?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:25 AM
100th Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
"Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes"
Bingo.

That's why bt_bird is my main squeeze. He just gets me.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:55 PM

maareek is on a distinguished road

For those still confused, DJ_Greg doesn't like the fact that Laurent used that sample in the middle of L'Alizé (forgive me, but I can't remember the name of the original song at the moment, though it was a fairly popular song in the US in the early 90's...and I still can't figure out why the hell it's in L'Alizé).
Old 12-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

oh, earlier I was just feeling happy, but I get it now
Old 12-17-2006, 07:56 PM
100th Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maareek View Post
For those still confused, DJ_Greg doesn't like the fact that Laurent used that sample in the middle of L'Alizé (forgive me, but I can't remember the name of the original song at the moment, though it was a fairly popular song in the US in the early 90's...and I still can't figure out why the hell it's in L'Alizé).
Haha, I like to leave people bewildered. Why are you ruining my fun?

Sorry for the lack of announcement on the no-show yesterday. I'll probably be doing one on the 23rd, but if not, I'll try to say something ahead of time.