Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG340/85

Hell, for $255 I'd rather buy a .22 and a few thousand rounds. Which is rather tempting as the (relatively) local Cabelas is having a sale on Ruger 10/22's for around $170 if my memory serves me correctly.
http://www.robertrtg.com/magpulprms2.html

RTG is always the first place to look for HK rifle stuck as he is almost always the cheapest still spendy though

Quote:
I don't think I could ever sell any of my guns. Then again, I only have 4 and they're all new. They're still my babies (which is fun to call them that in public and confuse the crap out of people).
I like to buy some of them as investments, I know some of them will simply double or triple in value in a short time. Now there are plenty of them that I won't sell, like the PTR, HK P7 or the revolvers, but I really really really like those ones xD

Quote:
Crap, the more I look at that PTR the more I want it. ...Thanks a lot...

I'm probably going to start keeping an eye out for one now.

Once again, thanks a lot you jerk. Like I don't have enough things to spend my money on already...
xD glad I could be of assistance.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-09-2011, 03:56 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I like to buy some of them as investments, I know some of them will simply double or triple in value in a short time. Now there are plenty of them that I won't sell, like the PTR, HK P7 or the revolvers, but I really really really like those ones xD
That's actually a really good idea. The problem is, any gun I'd buy for that purpose I know I would hang on to, or at the very least have the most difficult time parting with it.

My uncle did something similar. He and a partner bought a bunch of Maddi Ak's, for around $300 a piece I believe, and now those have at least doubled since then (according to GunsAmerica).
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
That's actually a really good idea. The problem is, any gun I'd buy for that purpose I know I would hang on to, or at the very least have the most difficult time parting with it.

My uncle did something similar. He and a partner bought a bunch of Maddi Ak's, for around $300 a piece I believe, and now those have at least doubled since then (according to GunsAmerica).
Mosin Nagants are the ones to get into now, they will be a gold mine in 10-15 years.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-10-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Mosin Nagants are the ones to get into now, they will be a gold mine in 10-15 years.

Regards,

Jung
I was thinking of asking for one for Christmas, but since that probably won't happen, I'm probably going to go get one myself, hopefully around February/March.

Right now, I've got to find a decent bow as I'm most likely going hunting in late December. Plus accessories, plus hunting accessories, plus if I do kill something, getting it processed, plus Christmas shopping; it's going to be an expensive couple of months.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What kind of bow do you use? I've been looking recently into buying a recurve or long bow. Is there a certain company you recommend?

Or you could just not miss...

Just kidding.
LoL! Always gotta be prepared in case... even if I don't miss, what if I get charged by another hog and I don't have time to use the bow? right? ...

I like Hoyt... I use a Hoyt Dorado recurve approx 50# ... it will suffice for up to 30 yards with my experience. but then again, I've never really hit anything further than 30 yards.. let alone attempted lol.... I usually need to track the hog an additional 30 yards at that as well or a sal maybe 10 yards... one time I got lucky and did a direct kill shot, but I am not good enough with the bow to do that all the time.

anyway... the season starts here on January 1 - 26 for archery... getting close!

bty, sorry for the delay, I just got my computer back!!!! my computer had crapped out on me and I was exchanging parts on the motherboard to get it working again. It needed a new graphics card... I upgraded the CPU and the RAM while I was at it!... wooo hoooo!!!! nerdin' it out to the max!

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 12-10-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
LoL! Always gotta be prepared in case... even if I don't miss, what if I get charged by another hog and I don't have time to use the bow? right? ...
What? You can't fire two arrows at two different targets at the same time? Legolas does it all the time, and he's an elf. He even shot 3 arrows at once...

Getting ready to go to a gun show. Can't guarantee I will walk out empty handed...

Edit:

So I kinda walked out empty handed. There were a lot of cool guns there, but nearly all were ridiculously priced. Some people were charging retail for used beat up guns. I saw a PTR-91 GI there, but they were charging too much. Otherwise...

Not all was lost, as afterwards I went to Bass Pro Shop and bought me a new Martin Jaguar Recurve Bow.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-11-2011 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
What? You can't fire two arrows at two different targets at the same time? Legolas does it all the time, and he's an elf. He even shot 3 arrows at once...

Getting ready to go to a gun show. Can't guarantee I will walk out empty handed...

Edit:

So I kinda walked out empty handed. There were a lot of cool guns there, but nearly all were ridiculously priced. Some people were charging retail for used beat up guns. I saw a PTR-91 GI there, but they were charging too much. Otherwise...

Not all was lost, as afterwards I went to Bass Pro Shop and bought me a new Martin Jaguar Recurve Bow.
yeah don't pay more than 850 for a GI model, and make sure to grab some feeler gauges and check bolt gap and look the thing over good. PTR is a good company but some things still slip by them.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-12-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
yeah don't pay more than 850 for a GI model, and make sure to grab some feeler gauges and check bolt gap and look the thing over good. PTR is a good company but some things still slip by them.

Regards,

Jung
They were asking 1200. And it was all dinged up, kinda dirty. I don't think people realized that just because a gun is older it doesn't make it more valuable. Some of the prices on 1911's there were just absolutely crazy.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:42 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

If it were an HK receiver I'd take it in a heartbeat, but not a PTR receiver beings you can get the match models for that price.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-12-2011, 08:13 AM

I only recall seeing 1 HK gun and that was a 416 pistol. I saw a couple of CETMEs, and a FA-91 but didn't see the prices as someone pushed me away from them and didn't have a chance to get back there.