Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Finnishguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjmwa View Post
Ps. Please don't kill me people. I still like Alizee. But, Laura is better.....
The forum is made for Alizée fans, you're one of them so there's nothing reasons to be as vicious for you because of that.

Quote:
Yes, that's just what I said in my previous comment. It may be because her songs are in french so I need to have the lyrics in front of me to understand them better than just hearing them.
That's complicated thing... Yea, music is art. And when you're listening to music you think about lyrics, and the music on background affect the attitude to lyrics. If you don't understand lyrics, you just listen music and then may look for lyrics in your own language, it's good way! But you must do it so much that sometimes you can think about lyrics when you're listening it!

Just, Alizée have many deep songs. Ofc everyone thinks about "deep" on own way, but I mean just generally...
Example Parler tout bas is such song that you can think it on deep way. There's things that you can do it. And every song have some incomprehensible lyrics. Just you must look for them more, you never can know...

The more you listen to them, the harder it is to understand the lyrics, I think..
Old 01-04-2012, 07:58 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, that's just what I said in my previous comment. It may be because her songs are in french so I need to have the lyrics in front of me to understand them better than just hearing them. Since, I'm still learning french.

On the other hand I completely understand Laura's songs in spanish, italian, and english.
Me too.And where is the deeper meaning about her songs? They sounds very repetitive,and poor language writing, in italian. In My opinion there is a great quality difference between a cd like "Une enfant.." and the last 2011 LAura cd.Alizee is evolving..or at least, trying to find new ways for her music.Laura get a dead end way, in her music.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
.Alizee is evolving..or at least, trying to find new ways for her music.
This. Once I got over the shock of UEDS being so completely different from what she had done before, I began to really appreciate it.

I know Alizee wanted it to be a popular album, but it really isn't pop music. It's deeper than that.. it grows on you.
Her vocals, if you listen with a critical ear, are wonderfully nuanced. They fit perfectly with the music CM created, it's quite clear everyone worked closely on this album. There is a reason it got good reviews from professional music critics... it's good stuff.

It's just not Pop stuff. I think when she looks back on her career, this is probably the album of which she will be most proud.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
Me too.And where is the deeper meaning about her songs? They sounds very repetitive,and poor language writing, in italian. In My opinion there is a great quality difference between a cd like "Une enfant.." and the last 2011 LAura cd.Alizee is evolving..or at least, trying to find new ways for her music.Laura get a dead end way, in her music.
I loved Laura's Inedito cd and it's almost going to be certified diamond in Italy, so the people like it too. It also went Gold really quickly in Mexico, switzerland, and other places. Laura has always said that she's never going to change styles just to please someone. Which is why she stopped promoting her english cd and never recorded another one. As far as the writing goes, it's always going to sound a bit odd since a song isn't written like a paragraph would be. And by deeper I mean, for example, invece no which is about talking to your loved ones and enjoying your time with them because you never know when they'll be gone and then it will be too late. Or nel primo sguardo, which talks about completely trusting someone (although that song is a bit boring). Or Benvenuto which talks about people being fake and just trying to please other and that she'd rather they be themselves even if they personality is a bit shocking.

Ps. I do realize I said that Alizee's songs have no meaning without really thinking about it. My bad....\

ONE LAST THING. To any U.S. Laura fan: She will be on Pa'lante con Cristina (Telemundo) this sunday!

Last edited by ptjmwa; 01-05-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Old 01-09-2012, 04:46 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-A507IPxtnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JdtlR-JNBmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>