Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road
Default Let's find the new Alizée! | The Eastern European Alizée Project 2013

As Scruffy mentionned in another thread the fact that the golden era of the first two albums is now long gone is a real problem when it comes to reach a new public . This reminds me that I forgot to tell you guys the project i've set up.

As you guys may know I'm a medical student from the university of bordeaux in france, but the thing is I've been sent to Romania as part of a european student exchange program until this fall (I'm forced to study in english and that also really improved my proficiency) . But as surprising as it may sound I'm starting to like this place (I can afford to live a few hundred meters away from the sea and eat everyday at the restaurant ... and students are allowed to take care of patients in hospitals as soon as the first year while you've got to wait till 3rd year in france) ... But I actually have the possibility of extending this trial period in romania so that I will stay 3 or more years here before coming back to France . Here comes my plan : I became friends with a german dude studying here who happened to be really interested in Alizée when I first lent him my HDD full of Zée stuff ... I can now safely say that he's a real fan even though he's relying on me to get news about her as he's not registered on any board. . .

I was really satisfied with having been able to turn a friend into a fan , just like I became one thanks to my girlfriend. So I decided to try my luck and was planning to do the same of one of the very few other french dudes in this foreing university with whom I happened to share a passion for airplanes and piloting ... And surprisingly he happened to be a fan of Mylène Farmer !! Although he had never been interested in Alizée, as he noticed that I was seeking to gather people around Lili he gladly joined us and even watched the 2004 concert with us a couple of times...

With time passing , and exams approaching I could see the guys distancing themselves a bit from our little fairy, there was this atmosphere of lassitude ... they felt like they were living in the past. ... and that's how we came up with a plan: make Alizée's spirit from the early years reborn from its ashes!

We realized that as we were all coming from quite wealthy families and that the average salary in romania is far lower than France or Germany's , the three of us had an enormous purchasing power . So we decided to save funds to prepare a "quest" for young local teenagers between the age of 14 and 17 around the region, we're not sur how we're gonna do it yet but we'll try to print massive amounts of fliers with pictures of Alizée on them, saying that we're looking for look alikes and we'll maybe hire gipsies to distribute them in our city but also in every little village in the area, inviting the girls to send pictures of themselves on a special email adress, or give us a call so we'll send somebody over to take pictures.

Of course , this will mean selecting less than a dozen of potential little Zées among maybe several hundreds of candidates.. That's why we're saving for the transportation costs, the printing, the studio we'll rent for the interviews.

But this isn't the end, out of this dozen of candidates we'll have to select one or two, and the look alike factor won't be sufficient, we'll hire a singing teacher and an english teacher for them (thankfully it's not really expensive here) and my friend and I will be teaching them french. Then after some language proficiency and singing tests , they'll go through a second selection to reduce the number of candidates to 5 . We will then start a course of intense singing and dancing lessons which might take up to a year.

If everything went well... we'll select one of them , while the four other will stay with us as dancers for the choreographies . We will get all the outfits we can get from the Gourmandises and MCE era ( Moi Lolita red dress, the blue/pink one from JPVA , the white/ red one from gourmandises, etc..) and start renting small concert halls where they'll perform in front of the romanian Alizée fans (which are surprisingly numerous ) .

We've estimated the expenses of the project to be of around 10,000 euros over a 15 months period but we hope to get some money back from the live performing and the youtube channel we'll set up if we manage to have Alizée's approval.

We've only started to save money for the project but we're all very motivated, because this is perfectly feasible. Think about it, a french speaking new little alizée, wouldn't that be awesome ? ^^

For those who may wonder how young romanian girls look like over here , Here's a 15 years old half french, half romanian girl from bordeaux... I used to have one massive crush on her last year (which almost led to my girlfriend breaking up with me)

Btw I know some people working for the local TV very well, what if we could make this happen ?

Okay, we're all very young, we've only started to save money so far, but I'd like to have your opinion on the project before playing to the new Graines de Stars copycat

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-21-2013 at 10:26 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

I don't like the idea. First, for me, nobody can replace Alizée, and I don't care who you select. Create your own group, make someone create the music and start fresh, without any connection to Alizée.

Second, this whole idea sounds pretty much like a miniature version of what has been happening in Eastern Europe in the last two decades; Edit: "We have the money, we can do anything" attitude.

In all, for me, this is a terrible idea.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 06-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Added one sentence.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:31 AM

Of course no one can replace her , but what we'll do is trying to come as close as possible .
Miracles do exist, and with the necessary funds and some donations we'll achieve a lot I'm sure

If this is a success, then it might even benefit Alizée's popularity that is currently dying off... At the rate fans are leaving her behind , we must act ! And i'm positive this project will bring back the public's attention to Lili.

But of course we're open to criticism, please share your feelings on the matter !

Edit:

We'll print the first posters in two weeks, here's a prototype. We'll only print a couple hundred of those ones to test the public reaction and see how it looks like.
My friends will be in charge on contacting the local newspaper to tell the population about our project. (It's really easy to appear in the newspaper here, just tell them that you're a foreigner and give them some money )

Btw: Fée-Nix is a pun , Fée means fairy in french, and Phénix ... well Phoenix.

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-22-2013 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I think it's a great idea - for you and your friends. I very much admire your creative spirit and energy and you will learn a lot about life, the media and people, along the way. It would be interesting to know how Alizee felt about it, but either way, I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:11 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Must agree with Marka, I think the idea is really stupid...

...its like with the mexican girl Tabata... however she doesnt tried to be the "copy" of Alizée, but still she tried to perform JEAM (however it was really bad), so every attention get more on her than Alizee

Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM

Lapinschous, don't be discouraged and/or don't think that I have anything against you, I just dislike the idea because of the details - if it took place in France (to avoid the curse of the East Europe and the way capitalism was introduced there) and if all of you had some really good ideas I could relate to, I would support you, but in the present form, I do not do such things as these. Sorry.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:57 PM

My friends and I after we were done with the university stuff directly went to a dancing school a few blocks away that we've heard of from local romanian students (reportedly full of beautiful highscool girls ) ... surprisingly we were very nicely welcomed there, a dancer speaking very good english even brought us tea !

We had a look at the girls training (well there wasn't many as the holidays have started) for about 20 minutes while talking about our project to the chick. .. well since we were always mentionning the name of Alizée, we had to show her some videos on an ipad , and when we played one the moi lolita live performance she instantaneously recognized the song and said that everyone knows it here but they all just forgot the name of the singer !

The good news is she gave us a list of all the dancing or singing school she knew of in the region and even invited us to see the girls from her school performing at the end of the holidays !

I'll keep you guys up to date!

(other good news is that we might be able to recruit a fourth guy from Norway who showed some interest in the project!! )

Old 06-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

For the most part I have to go along with what Panther wrote.

I don't quite get the motive though. I mean, Alizée walked away from that era, says she never would listen to the kind of music she was singing back then, and visibly cringes in every recent interview when they bring up Moi...Lolita and just won't let the past go. She says she has grown and that her fans have grown with her. I don't think a new imaginary Alizée from the old days will benefit the path she has chosen for the present. Besides, to many fans there is so much more to her than the songs and the dancing and her looks. It's what's inside her that makes her special, and her kindness and generosity to her fans.

I don't know how things go there but if you were to do the same thing in the US I'd recommend requiring the talent to have chaperones present at all times, and make sure none of you are ever alone with any of the girls. You never know what claims someone not chosen the winner might come up with. Of course, a cash settlement might be required. Just keep the atmosphere appropriate and there probably won't be any problems.

Good luck with the project though, maybe I'm completely wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 AM

Listen to Ray and don't get yourselves into any trouble, you might be needed later on in life, and if you are dead, that won't be possible.

I see that you really will do it. Good luck. Do reality checks from time to time and also have backup plans and be ready to cancel everything at any time.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Lapinschous,

maybe you dont mean nothing bad with this project, but I have feeling it can turn to weird way. The girls which you will find maybe for first time will be ok, to try to be as much possible as Alizée, but as I know todays generation... and sorry I must say it, half todays young girls are future bitches or future gold-diggers... honor to some exceptions...
Then however the idea can be peaceful, but the most Europe has really bad meaning about people living in eastern Europe, and dont tell me not, cause I know it very well.

You wrote somewhere about you want to get Alizées approval... however I dont believe it will happen... but if yes... we know that sometimes Alizée is saying other things than things which she really want to say... by this I want to say, maybe she would give you approval, but in her mind there will be opposite oppinion.
Just look... people still post the old stuff, however she clearly explained she never liked to be a "doll"... but she takes the situation "OK" cause it was part of her life... but still, I dont think its good to rewoke the memories on "old" Alizée, when she hardly tried and still try to find her own way and we should be with her and not still look to past. I see it many times on our A-Life page - on friday I posted photo from Fete De La Musique from 2003, and someone commeted "2003 - RIP Alizée". I know people liked most the G and MCE, but if they and YOU most here still want to live in the dimenssion of "old" Alizée, sorry but its really situation for thinking if you are fans of Alizée or just her old work.

So I think, the rewoking Alizées "old" musical life, using others people can more hurt her and her career...