Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I told them until last month I had never heard of Olly and I was just there to see Alizee, so the woman from the Netherlands, thinking I was from the U.K. said to me "So you came all the way from the U.K. to see Alizee sing this one song?". I said " No, I came all the way from the U.S.A. just to see Alizee sing this one song.". They became very quiet after that.
Hehe, it's difficult to tell where an accent from another if you don't speak the language or hear it spoken very often. English and Spanish accents I can figure out, some of them I can use quite well, but in any other language I couldn't tell apart. I would have played along to see how far it went till the Dutch lady figured it out

Thanks for the report Scruffy!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for that report, Scruffy. The only thing I do not understand is why in the world did you give 1400$ to Zée for her daughter?? (if that is indeed the case, I reread it several times and this is what I understood, I'm sorry if I understood wrong)

Regarding sending CDs and DVDs with the post, many people think that doing such things today is stupid, since we can transfer everything via internet and also because CDs and DVDs themselves don't usually last longer than 5 years (it depends on their quality, of course).

Instead of sending physical media, use wetransfer ( https://www.wetransfer.com/). Put files into a zip archive and mail them to people this way (with each email you can mail about 2GB of data).

I felt bad when I read about people thinking that you are a nutcase for wanting to go the extra mile (sending with post if all else fails, going to concerts just because of one song, going to autograph sessions and getting CDs signed for other fans, ...), especially because I am like that myself, and I have also been called a nutcase many times too.

I like that her papa has accepted you, and no, by no means are you too old to enjoy Alizée, nobody can ever be too old for that.

Btw, about joint AAm projects, I can chip in with donations of money (unfortunatelly only small amounts), but everything else is unfortunatelly out of reach for me, since I don't live in the US.

Btw, regarding your left-over autographed CDs, I think that one Macedonian friend of mine is developing liking for Alizée, I will try to find out if having an autographed CD would mean anything to him (I will cover the expenses, of course).

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

It's your money, but giving such amounts of your hard earned money to me looks really poor decision. I understand you are obsessed with her, but don't go to the dark side of obsession. I think it would have been much better if you put those money to your grand children's college fund.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The truth of the matter is, I think it is so widespread, that I will have to make my own mark on the video and unfortunately, it will have to be in a very obvious place, but as I offered to do with this video, I will make it some how available to fans I can trust around the world, and I'm sure I can trust Lapinschous.

So I do owe Lapinschous a huge apology and hope he realizes why I didn't realize what was going on out in the big world..
Of course you can trust me Dave... If I'd thought that this would cause such problems I'd never had done it . I owe you an apology for not asking your permission in the first place.

I've added your name to the full video title.

Edit:

Post Scriptum: Regarding the 1400 USD you gave to lili ... as a frenchman , I believe that was a mistake.

The protective behaviour of Alizée towards her daughter is very common in french families and indicates that she would most likely have felt insulted by receiving this free money that could mean that the person giving it considered that Annily wasn't receiving the proper education a child needs, thus making Alizée a not so good mother.
Her daughter means everything to her and forcefully wedging this money into her family could be perceived as an offense.

As to the proposal of paying the expense to NY, again... as a french "star" and former international icon this gesture probably didn't make her want to feel dependent on someone else's money for such a trivial thing as ordering a plane ticket.

I don't know how things are in the US, but for me or any other people who doesn't need that money, receiving it in such small amounts for such little things could be very badly misinterpreted...

Just my opinion of course*

(and please excuse my grammar)

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 10-09-2013 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as some of you thinking I'm obsessed with her, well yes and no. When it was announced that Alizée was going to sing at the start of the Tour de France leg that happened in Ajaccio. I wished I had at least looked into the possibility of going. It would have been so great to see part of this historic race and to see her sing. I don't know if I would have been able to get a room there, but I wish I had checked into it.

So I saw this autograph session in Ajaccio. I had a feeling that this was going to be a great opportunity to get some pictures and videos and I thought it was very likely, nobody could make it there who would post the amount of things I was able to get, so I decided this time, I wasn't going to have any regrets about not going and I went.

With going to this concert to record one song, I wouldn't have done it if I knew for sure other people would be going who would capture good videos of "her". I even checked in AF to see if anyone from there was going and there wasn't. It adds a lot for me when I have a good video of a song of hers I like. I've pointed out with one of what I thought was her most beautiful songs, Coeur deja pris, there was no video, So I made one up. This time I did not want to make one up. I wanted the real McCoy.

http://youtu.be/jCnPz4Mniyw

The video came out far better than I would've thought possible. So both these trips meant a huge amount to me and I have no regrets money wise of just going for such short visits.

Last year there were several promotional events for 5 mostly in the form of dj gigs. A couple happened while I was over there and I could've easily made to a couple, but I'm not going to go someplace just to see her in a way that's not that special to me.

Same thing in Paris this past march. I've could've gone to that other autograph session that happened while I was in Paris, but another signing session didn't appeal to me. I could've tried to spend some more time in Paris on my last trip to see DALS, but I knew that would be televised, so I didn't have much of an interest in going to it.

So I wont go over for just anything. The circumstances have to be just right and they were right for my trip to Ajaccio and the one to see her sing Dear Darlin.

As far as someone saying I should save my money for my grand children, I don't have any. My ex wife had a hysterectomy at an early age (22) so we couldn't have any children, let alone grand children.

EDIT:

Back in 2010, we discussed quite a bit how to give a gift and to whom it should be for and we did discuss a gift for Annily too, but in the end we donated to the family of Jean Baptiste.

Now I know the education system in France is a lot different than ours, but in this country, college is a major expense and it is with this regard that I wanted to donate to that cause. I also left her the option to use it towards some other worthy cause of her choosing. Bottom line is I wanted her to know we are just not all take, take, take. We'd like to find a way to return the things she has done for it. Hopefully she will appreciate the gesture.

As far as the show in N.Y., I think she is the type of person who has to be pushed into things such as those dj appearences she did with the promotion of 5. If Sony hadn't told her to go, it's something she would never have done on her own. I was trying to get in touch with the reps at Sony that this would be a good opportunity, but by the time I heard back from one, it was way too late.

So I went there having not heard back from Sony and I thought she needed a shove to make this happen and a sizable donation to pay for some of her expenses might have provided the mental shove she needed. As it turned out, she was commited to DALS, so it was a lost cause to begin with. Once again I hope she will take this a nice gesture from fans who care about her.

I had pointed out that I had sent a friends request to Jo Jacotey on Facebook a couple of months before the autograph session. He didn't reply until I got back from Ajaccio and I'm sure he knew I was the one who spoke to him and had taken and posted all those pictures and videos on the net. I'm sure he knew about the gift and the offer and if he had a problem with me or it, he probably wouldn't have accepted my friendship request.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-09-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:

Now I know the education system in France is a lot different than ours, but in this country, college is a major expense and it is with this regard that I wanted to donate to that cause.

I'm not sure I understand the meaning of this sentence. Which country do you mean by "this country" ? France or the US ? Because as you may know , the french education system is entirely free, kinda like the healthcare system, from nursing schools to universities. There are no fees at all.

As to the gesture, I don't think that Jo accepting your friend request has anything to do with it as he accepted me, Jenny, Ronny and many others who never talked to him

But regarding Jean-Baptiste's case, I have to say that this was very noble of you. As a fellow christian, helping those in need is always the best way of contributing to the well-being of society.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Jo accepts everyone's request and sometimes he answer on comments or PMs - like on my PM before 2 years, he answered in minute...

Last edited by Karin; 10-09-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

In the U.S. college is very expensive and it was with that in mind that I wanted to give it towards her education, but like I said, I left her the option of using it towards something else.

Karin is probably right about Jo, but the timing of his acceptance seemed to happen in a timely manner with my return from there.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In the U.S. college is very expensive and it was with that in mind that I wanted to give it towards her education, but like I said, I left her the option of using it towards something else.

Karin is probably right about Jo, but the timing of his acceptance seemed to happen in a timely manner with my return from there.
Well one question: did she cash the checks?

Just my own opinion... I dunno anything about the "project", but just hearing you recount the story, my knee jerk reaction to the exchange of money kinda made me recoil. For starters, don't mention her daughter in anything. I think there's Alizee and Alizee Jacotey. We may find out things of the latter, even by her, but her public persona is the former. Out of respect we should limit our engagement to just Alizee the artist, not the Mom, daughter, etc. To me, I fell like I should be introduced to someone's family before I reference them.

The exchange of money, which I'm sure was intended in the best of intentions, comes off as poor taste. I can see you using the money to Sponser say Breast cancer or a public charity, using the website name to bring exposure to Alizee. You could donate to NPR, requesting they name the website. Or use it to pay for an ad for the website on a music blog or magazine. This brings her exposure with the proper etiquette and courtesy of a fan.

Handing money to her puts her in a position of having to refuse what seems like a kind gesture but may be an attempt to elicit a response from her. Nobody likes being put in that position, especially by a stranger. Also put yourself in her shoes: imagine you are famous, rich enough to fly to Paris every week, and a fan hands you cash. You can't accept it, it just feels wrong. What does this person want from me if they are paying me?

Again just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post

Handing money to her puts her in a position of having to refuse what seems like a kind gesture but may be an attempt to elicit a response from her. Nobody likes being put in that position, especially by a stranger. Also put yourself in her shoes: imagine you are famous, rich enough to fly to Paris every week, and a fan hands you cash. You can't accept it, it just feels wrong. What does this person want from me if they are paying me?

Again just my opinion.

Exactly my thoughts...

Especially in France where money is some kind of taboo in social interactions.

I think that giving money to someone like Alizée brings more satisfaction to the giver than it does to the recipient.